The Forsaken (Round 36)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Forsaken Round 5

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:16 am

SharesLoot wrote:
SPOILERS:So instead of only losing a minor action when moving within a room, I now need a major action to access an already discovered room and also lose a minor action? Oh oh, my disablility got worse!

Your disability would have always caused you to use a major action moving between rooms anyway.
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken (Round 8)

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:32 am

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:DM Questions:
On the water room: There is a wave-y line visible. Is that the water gauge, or is the room filled to the top, so that any creature who can swim (and find their way back to the hole in the ceiling) can go back the way they came? BTW, how are the swimming skills of our creatures, or do we have to find out by trial and error?
On the food thoughts of Cockadoodle: Is food going to be an issue in this game, or was that just for fun? :)

The room is filled to the top the wave-y line was simply me trying to illustrate a change of color in the water from increased depth. I would have to say that the Slike would be a proficient swimmer. The Esporiand and Entling don't have lungs so they wouldn't need to worry about drowning but wouldnt be able to swim well so their actions would be slowed down. Not only would the Moland be completely blind but she wouldn't be able to smell so it wouldn't be wise regardless of swimming ability. And the Chicslash... Well let's just say it wouldn't work ouy in favor of the players...

Regarding food, it will not be necessary but there will be some to help players regain health.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 5

Postby kurik on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:36 am

"Hey guys, this portal leads to a room full of waAUGH! BIRD!... Geez, don't sneak up on a guy like that. Anyway, lotta water down there. Oh, yeah. I'm Fang." Fang goes to the room to the left.

Got ninja'd by odd. Anyone wants me to go for the pearls for you four, I'm okay doing that instead.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken (Round 9)

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:54 pm

"So the tentacle came through the portal, and is most likely still behind it. Im not sure if it is safe to enter or if we will be able to come back. Do you want to check it out anyway, or would you rather go elsewhere?" "Hmm... It would probably be wiser for us to explore some of the other rooms before we go jumping into strange portals." DarkRoot and PinkNose head back to the elevator room before heading through the next doorway.

Slike pulls his head out of the water. "Hey guys, this portal leads to a room full of waAUGH! BIRD!... Geez, don't sneak up on a guy like that. Anyway, lotta water down there. Oh, yeah. I'm Fang." he says before joining Nose and Root in the next room. The room has two large red drapes hanging over a light blue wall, they are held apart by orange ribbon. The wall with the door they just came through seems to be made of water but is solid. PinkNose can smell something or someone in the next room. DarkRoot also feels his bark tighten as the last of his stored water is used.

Orca and Cockadoodle head the way that DarkRoot and PinkNose came from and enter the portal room. Orca feels a strange draw towards the portal that she cannot explain.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Orca feels the portal and then jumps through.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:16 pm

"You ain't looking so hot Root, ya know there's a whole room full of water through the portal back there." Fang points with his tail. "You could probably just dip your roots in or something."

Fang then looks behind the curtin before moving left to the next room.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:52 pm

"I agree with Fang, DarkRoot. Get yourself some water while you can. You never know when you might get the next chance."
Pink Nose will try to get the ribbon, if thats possible, and then move to the room to the left.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 4

Postby SharesLoot on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Cockadoodle follows Orca through the portal.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:05 pm

DarkRoot will see if he can use his Absorption ability on the wall of water. If it works, he'll continue to the left with Fang and Nose, if not then he moves back and tries to use it while sticking his roots through the hole in the floor (or, if that fails too, jumping in), moving back to the curtain room if he can afterwards.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:31 pm

You guys enter every room except the ones I have drawn... I am working on the final room hopefully I will have the update up before I go to bed in a few hours. Also note that I am returning to school tomorrow so updates may be even more sporadic as a good portion of my day will be cut.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Orca feels the strange portal which produces a strange tingling sensation something which Orca, being a plant, has never felt before. She decides to jump through it and Cockadoodle follows. The tingling sensations overcomes both their bodies along with the feeling of immense pleasure and pain, grinding and smashing, cutting and pulling, the sensations nearly drive them insane but it ends right before their breaking points and they come out at the other side of the portal. The air is humid having just rained, speaking of rain it now seems that they are outside. No longer confined inside the mad house that was there prison. Something feels wrong though they still feel that their journeys have yet to end.

Pointing towards the other room Fangs speaks to DarkRoot "You ain't looking so hot Root, ya know there's a whole room full of water through the portal back there. You could probably just dip your roots in or something." PinkNose can smell DarkRoot's wood losing water and concurs "I agree with Fang, DarkRoot. Get yourself some water while you can. You never know when you might get the next chance." DarkRoot takes their advice and moves to absorb water. Luckily the wall behind them may not be liquid but it works for the Absorbtion ability. (And DR rolled a natural 10) Including the water the parasite stored DarkRoot feels he should have enough water for twelve rounds. Fang slides into the next room followed by PinkNose who has stripped a lovely orange fabric for god knows what reason... DarkRoot follows them both having fully absorbed water.

First of all here is the damage PinkNose caused... (Made me have to redraw the curtains):

Secondly here is the room that the trio enters:

The room seems to be outdoors yet at the same time indoors. The large tree in the center of the room begins talking "An entling? *Cough* It has been a long time since I ha... *Cough* have seen a brother race such as you *Cough cough cough* I am an Elder Ent *Cough* We are an omniscient species of Entians that were nearly wiped out by the first god wars many centuries ago. I was struck down in battle and when I came to I was in a room in the lower reaches of this labyrinth. Forsaken *Cough* by gods me and three others wandered these *Cough* halls before coming to this room. An ancient tree stood here but we needed rest and fire *Cough* so we cut it down. In the night I was visited by a strange creature who told me for my misdeed I would watch over this room until I could grant Six other Entians three wishes of knowledge. I ask that you allow me to finish my task with you. *Cough Cough*

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken (Round 10)

Postby kurik on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Fang says to DarkRoot, "May I suggest 'Where the hell are we?' 'Why are we here?' and 'How the hell do we get out?'" He says this clearly to Root and not the other tree guy. If the ent so much as starts to answer a question from me that didn't go through Root, Fang will move to start stripping bark.(Just so we avoid any shenaniganery, I've run into one to many genie type things in my life to not see the possible problems with me talking first.)

Not that I auctialy want to harm the thing, just gotta keep my bases covered.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Orca looks around and touches the tree. She then proceeds to the left.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 pm

SPOILERS:I was trying to get the ribbon, because you never know when you need a rope like item. I didnt fathom that it would not get it. So, sorry about makeing you redraw it for no good resaon.

PinkNose says: "I wouldnt ask where we are. I suggest we ask how we can achieve freedom/where the exit is, and if they would be willing to help us after they are done with the task or if they will be going hostile. Depending on that answer I would or would not ask a 3rd question..."

"The third question could be about his coughing and if we can help him in any further way..."

DM: Are we stuck in this room, btw? I dont see (ha, ha) an exit...
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 pm

"Hmmm..."

"May I suggest 'Where the hell are we?' 'Why are we here?' and 'How the hell do we get out?'"

"I wouldnt ask where we are. I suggest we ask how we can achieve freedom/where the exit is, and if they would be willing to help us after they are done with the task or if they will be going hostile. Depending on that answer I would or would not ask a 3rd question..."
"The third question could be about his coughing and if we can help him in any further way..."

"Very well then, my questions are:
1) What is the layout of this labyrinth, including entrances and exits.
2) What are the stats and intentions of all the inhabitants of this labyrinth, including yourself.
3) ..."

((I'm not sure about the third question, I'll try and think of something later and edit it in))

DarkRoot will maneouvor himself to sheild the Moland and Silke from an attack with his superior defence, and will not ask the third question if the Ent states he has hostile intentions while answering the second question.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 4

Postby SharesLoot on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Cockadoodle moves into the next area to the right.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:00 am

Have you guys got any ideas for a last question - I was possibly thinking of asking about what special equipment (weapons, potions, etc) we could find, but I have no idea how to word it. I don't think we should bother asking about the cough, its likely he's just very old and hasn't been allowed to die until he'd finished his punishment.
Soooo... yeah, suggestions on any questions would be appreciated, thanks.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 am

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:
SPOILERS:I was trying to get the ribbon, because you never know when you need a rope like item. I didnt fathom that it would not get it. So, sorry about makeing you redraw it for no good reason

DM: Are we stuck in this room, btw? I dont see (ha, ha) an exit...

You did get the ribbon and no you are not stuck in the room I just screwed up and forgotto color in the door... Rest assured there is one....

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Sorry guys as I said yesterday with school starting I have less time to work on rooms, I will keep this post updated as I work on round 11. Hopefully I will have them up before I go to school tomorrow morning if not I will make an attempt at getting them up tomorrow after school.

Update Status: Both rooms finished Update being scanned then written...
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:04 pm

That's all right. You didnt give us a fixed scedule to start with, you just said "as often as I can". That's what you are doing, so no worries. =)

Nice new avatar, too. Did you get bored of the old one?
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 am

Theonewhoisodd wrote:Image

SPOILERS:Is it wrong that all I could think of when seeing this pictures was line dancing to the 'Nutbush city limit'
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

HollowFang whispers to DarkRoot and PinkNose "May I suggest 'Where the hell are we?' 'Why are we here?' and 'How the hell do we get out?" "I wouldnt ask where we are. I suggest we ask how we can achieve freedom/where the exit is, and if they would be willing to help us after they are done with the task or if they will be going hostile. Depending on that answer I would or would not ask a 3rd question..." "The third question could be about his coughing and if we can help him in any further way..." DarkRoot looks to the elder ent and moves in front of his companions. "Very well then, my questions are, What is the layout of this labyrinth, including entrances and exits? What are the stats and intentions of all the inhabitants of this labyrinth, including yourself?" "Heh heh *cough* you are very good *cough* at thinking of tough questions little one. You are already aware of the floors above you and the portal room. Unfortunately old age has *cough* dimmed my powers but I can tell you that above the elevator room is called the Hall of the Forsaken and *Cough* you may find a companion there. As to your second question I can not tell you the stats or intentions of any of the creature in this dungeon but there are a total of six Forsaken including who are bound to this place. As for me I am merely trying to escape this corporeal form. *Cough*

Orca moves to the left of the area. It seems this place is a moshpit of spacial rifts and thunderstorms. On the far side of the area is a large cliff that seems impassable.

Cockadoodle moves past the tree to the next area. She instantly regrets it. In this area there are five large and bloody tentacles writhing around. Two signs are posted in the ground warning of danger and to turn back. To Cockadoodle's right is a portal seemingly merged into the ground.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Cockadoodle the Chickslash

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Cockadoodle is really bad at talking or thinking. She is even worse at walking, flying or swimming. It takes ages to get around. She is a beast bred for fighting, the only thing she excels at. To her annoyance, no reason or opportunity for fighting was to be had so far. Now there is!

Cockadoodle attacks the tentacle above her head.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken (Round 11)

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Cool, another forsaken one!

PinkNose double moves back to the room with the elevator, eager to climb the rope next round and find out who is waiting in the room above.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Re: Cockadoodle the Chickslash

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:33 am

sharesloot wrote:Cockadoodle is really bad at talking or thinking. She is even worse at walking, flying or swimming. It takes ages to get around. She is a beast bred for fighting, the only thing she excels at. To her annoyance, no reason or opportunity for fighting was to be had so far. Now there is!

I am sorry about that shares. The Chicslash was the first character I designed for this game and in the beginning I had planed for this dungeon to be much more heavily populated. You are right about her being built for fighting, I guess in truth she is a remnant of the past both ingame and in the creation of the game.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games