The Forsaken (Round 36)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Forsaken Round 1

Postby Dusk9 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:40 am

DarkRoot will examine the gem and, if he can reach it, attempt to remove it. Whether he can remove it or not, he will then move to the right, out of the room.

Couple of questions about the Absorption/Drought Ability/Disability
1) Is the -1 Def permanent, or does it last for a set amount of time? - if the second one, do I know how long, or is it secret?
2) Does Absorbtion active automatically whenever I come into contact with water, or do I need to state that I'm activating it?
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:25 am

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:PinkNose will examine the gem (minor?)

Very nice art, btw.

Really? You are the only blind creature and you want to examine the gem? :P

Thanks for the compliment.

Dusk9 wrote:Couple of questions about the Absorption/Drought Ability/Disability
1) Is the -1 Def permanent, or does it last for a set amount of time? - if the second one, do I know how long, or is it secret?
2) Does Absorbtion active automatically whenever I come into contact with water, or do I need to state that I'm activating it?

1) It lasts until Absorbtion is reactivated.
2) It happens automatically
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 am

HollowFang will leave the room, taking note of, but otherwise ignoreing the gem.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 am

And I miss out on another one. It's all good though, I'll get the next one. Nice looking art Odd, I'll be lurking.
Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Goblin Gladiators Campaign 1 is Complete.
Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Successful killer in TSK Round 24. Partner: KittiHello.
Co-winner of the TSK Lightning Round, along with SharesLoot.
Successful killer in TSK Round 33, with some help from SeeAMoose at the end.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:53 am

Theonewhoisodd wrote:
YoungAndBeautiful wrote:PinkNose will examine the gem (minor?)

Very nice art, btw.

Really? You are the only blind creature and you want to examine the gem? :P

Thanks for the compliment.

Hey, I can still touch it, taste it, smell it, listen to it vibrate and gnaw on it, to see if it comes loose. ^^
You are welcome.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken (Character Available)

Postby SharesLoot on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 am

A worm! A HUGE worm! Cockadoodle hops around the rope, lays her head sideways and stares at it. She follows her instinct and tries to eat it. If she manages to swallow so much that it takes her into the room above, she will wriggle her feet so that she turns around the rope and gets a good look at it. Else, she gives up and tries to climb it with her battlewings. Should all else fail, she will peck at the gem that has the color of her feathers.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 am

Theonewhoisodd wrote:
Dusk9 wrote:Couple of questions about the Absorption/Drought Ability/Disability

1) It lasts until Absorbtion is reactivated.
2) It happens automatically

So I've got the +1 Atk right now? Do I know how long for, or is that a secret?
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 am

Orca tries to touch the gem and then examines it. The plant like creature then moves down.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Update being scanned
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 2

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:03 pm

PinkNose sniffs, listens to, feels, licks, and bites the gem. She concludes it smells very clean, is not moving, tastes much like her own skin, and is harder than a diamond. After thoroughly examining it to the best of her ability she moves on. The scents have unchanged and she can not smell any enemy is the adjacent rooms. This new room smells like the last room and her finely tuned Moland senses tell her that there is a small hill lie obstruction in front of her. The faint smell of old wood is also present. Unfortunately being blind she can not see the Runes glowing on the back wall.

DarkRoot attempts to reach his crystal but unfortunately it is too high up. Upon close examination he is able to find out that the gem seems to resemble his own bark in texture and color. Absorbing enough water into him for vitality for four (4) rounds he heads to the next room. This room seems very earthy. There is a treasure chest at the foot of the ramp which leads up to a doorway. On the ceiling about DarkRoot is a large hole though how to get up there is not apparent.

Orca examines her gem, though it is too high up for her too touch, it appears to be made of plant-like material similar to her skin. She moves down the ladder and finds herself in a strangely colorful room. The colors seem to activate sounds that come out of nowhere. Behind her is a small treasure chest. There are also two doorways in the the room.

Slike takes not of his gem noting it is scaly like himself. He slithers into the next room and feels oddly at home. Tentacles writhe from the ceiling, they snap like whips in the air. One of the tentacles slides across the back of Slike's head. There is a treasure chest on the other side of the room that the tentacles do there best to avoid.

Cockadoodle nearly doesn't move up this turn as he forgets his disability makes movement in his room a minor action. Fortunately the DM is going to be nice and allow him to have a freebie. The rope is too big for him to swallow so instead he attempts to climb it which proves successful. He comes to the top of the rope in another room (a room that took the DM forever to draw and color). The rope seems to end in the middle of the room without being secured to anything. There is a treasure chest sitting up against a wall. The wall is no ordinary wall though, at eye level there are metal bars and behind it stands a demon.

DM
Just so everyone know I don't have any of the next rooms drawn so it may be at least a day before I can get the next update up.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:17 pm

PinkNose will examine the wooden thing. If she can find out it is a chest, she will try to open it and pick up what is inside.
If she cant, (or afterwards, if she stll can move), she will leave the room through the right exit, into an unexplored room.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:19 pm

"Interesting how they avoid the box..." HollowFang will try to open the box (I don't know why, can't use most items) while being ready to jump out of the way of a trap. Edit: He'll move on if there's nothing in the box he can use, which is likely. (Is it magic? Magic would be awesome since swords are kinda out of the question.)
Last edited by kurik on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:45 pm

DarkRoot will open the chest and loot whatever is inside. If he can still move afterwards, he will move into the next room (right).
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Orca attempts to open the box, and if that fails she moves left.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Theonewhoisodd wrote:Cockadoodle nearly doesn't move up this turn as he forgets his disability makes movement in his room a minor action. Fortunately the DM is going to be nice and allow him to have a freebie. The rope is too big for him to swallow so instead he attempts to climb it which proves successful. He comes to the top of the rope in another room (a room that took the DM forever to draw and color). The rope seems to end in the middle of the room without being secured to anything. There is a treasure chest sitting up against a wall. The wall is no ordinary wall though, at eye level there are metal bars and behind it stands a demon.

The DM is nice but didn't need to give me a freebie, the action was all good.
The hopping around and looking was just for fun (obviously), the rope swallowing or climbing was an option, not two separate actions.

Next time I will make it clearer: Hop around the rope looking at it like a chicken (minor action), move up into the unexplored room (major action).
Actually, I will go ahead and do that right away.

Cockadoodle moves over to the demon (minor action) and talks to him (free/minor/major action?): Hello, Sir, I'm Cockadoodle the Chickslash. Who are you, and what do you do? Can you tell me anything about that chest in this room? Is it yours? Is it locked? Thanks!
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks Sharws that'll actually help a lot.

I have the next set of room sketched now but not colored. Seeinh as how I am human and require sleep I will work on them once I wake up...

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 3

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 pm

PinkNose is able to figure out that there is a treasure chest. As soon as she opens it, the chest disappears and in her hand appears a wooden object. She can tell that there is an orb at the end but that is all she can figure out right now. She moves on to the next room. The room smells of anesthetic and magic.

Fang is able to get the chest to open by prying it open with his head. It takes two minor actions but he is able to get it. The chest disappears shorty after it is opened and a collar equips itself to Fang. As soon as it touches his skin he feels stronger.

Root opens the chest and inside of it is a small blue creature as he reaches in to grab it the creature jumps onto him and attaches to his back. He can feel it feeding on his bark but he can also feel it injecting water into his body. Enough water in fact to give another two rounds of Absorption. He moves to the next room where he comes upon a platform. There is a rope hanging down which seems sturdy. Across from him is a large pipe.

Orca opens her box and just as the others it disappears leaving behind a large plant like bag which attaches itself to her right away. She feels invigorated by it. As she moves to the next room she sees a lever across the room from her, above her is a pipe and, What's this? The entling and her are in the same room.

Cockadoodle moves over to the demon and says "Hello, Sir, I'm Cockadoodle the Chickslash. Who are you, and what do you do? Can you tell me anything about that chest in this room? Is it yours? Is it locked? Thanks!" Unfortunately this demon seems to have gone insane as it's only reply, in a deep booming voice, is this:
"Iiiiii am the very model of a modern major general, my pants are a blend of your face, Goodnight Seymour!"
SPOILERS:It may look like the chest has disappeared but ignore that. It is still there the artist just lost it....

GM
SO question. Which would you guys prefer? Art with every update but no set update schedule. Or a set update schedule and art every couple of updates?

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:23 pm

"Ah, a collar of +?. Excelent, I've always wanted one of those." Fang says to no one as he exits the room.
SPOILERS:It depends. I'm fine with text and like regular updates to help stave off the boredom, but the visual aids do help clarify room discriptions. If there's a tie, put me down as a tie breaker siding with whatever you wanna do.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Orca pulls the lever and then looks at the entling. "Hello?"
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Theonewhoisodd wrote:PinkNose is able to figure out that there is a treasure chest. As soon as she opens it, the chest disappears and in her hand appears a wooden object. She can tell that there is an orb at the end but that is all she can figure out right now. She moves on to the next room. The room smells of anesthetic and magic.

Does this mean that there is someone IN this room here with me, or in an adjectant room? There could be invisible creatures, as well. (Ok, to ME all creatures are invisible, but my guess is, that you wouldn't bother painting an invisible creature into the room.) Or maybe Im just smelling the puddles?

Also, does the size of the exits you paint matter, or is that just freedom of art, varying them a bit so it doesnt get boring?

Theonewhoisodd wrote:GM
SO question. Which would you guys prefer? Art with every update but no set update schedule. Or a set update schedule and art every couple of updates?

I usually check the forum at least one a day, so I dont think I will have a problem either way.
I like your art, though, so I guess, I'd rather wait (not a whole week or so with no reason) for an update, than have quick ones with text only. But if you'd get stressed out or don't want to do the painting anymore, it would be ok, too.

PinkNose (avoinding the "puddle") will try to reach the rope (jumping and holding on to it) (minor?) If she succeedes, she will go through the upper exit. If she doesnt she will go through the right exit.(Move)
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Since that demon clearly is bonkers, and a Chickslash probably has no use for handheld weapons anyway, Cockadoodle opens the chest (minor action?) that she is standing next to (no move action needed). If she didn't need two actions for looting the chest, she moves through the round door into the undiscovered room to her left (major action).

SPOILERS:If the demon is just crazy, but would be a good sparring partner, Cockadoodle will hold that move action and spar with him/attack him instead (major action).

I vote for less updates, but all with art. Of course, I'm fine with whatever the DM says.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:43 am

"Hello?"
"Hello to you too, follow plant-creature. I assume that you are also lost in this perculiar place? Would you object to cooperation, at least until we are no longer lost, or would you rather we fought each other blindly?"

DarkRoot will wait, and if the esporiand seems peaceful, move down the rope and into the room on the right.

SPOILERS:I don't mind when the updates are, but I do agree with kurik that the visual aids help. I've got no problem with waiting a couple of days between updates if it means you have more time to get them done.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:Or maybe Im just smelling the puddles?

Yes

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:Also, does the size of the exits you paint matter, or is that just freedom of art, varying them a bit so it doesnt get boring?

Actually the artist is just very bad at drawing the exits at correct dimensions. Pretty much any exit you see, unless it is extremely small, you should be able to fit through

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:I like your art, though, so I guess, I'd rather wait (not a whole week or so with no reason) for an update, than have quick ones with text only. But if you'd get stressed out or don't want to do the painting anymore, it would be ok, too.

Thank you for liking my art :). The updates will never take a week unless I sustain a hand injury that prevents me from drawing.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:18 pm

Fang exit the tentacle room and walks into a slightly larger room. In the center of the room is a gold rune above two metal doors. Next to the doors is a panel with two buttons.

Nose is able to get up to the rope and pull herself up into the next room. Halfway up she smells the scent of a snake. If she wishes she would get initiative on Fang. The room has a strange odor of magic and metal.

Orca moves to the lever and pulls it. The pipe across the room starts spilling water that seems to disappear across the room. "Hello?" she says to the Entling.

DarkRoot slides down the rope as Orca runs underneath to pull the lever. Root can feel the moisture in the room increase as the pipe gushes water. "Hello to you too, fellow plant-creature. I assume that you are also lost in this perculiar place? Would you object to cooperation, at least until we are no longer lost, or would you rather we fought each other blindly?" he says before proceeding to the other room. As he passes through the water the parasite on his back refills. As Root travels across the floor sounds seem to play.

Cockadoodle opens the chest and just like the other chests opened it disappears and it's contents, a helmet, automatically equips itself. She feels she can take more damage now. She enters the next room. On the ground is a puddle looking thing and above her is a rope. Across the room is another exit.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:52 pm

Fang says "Who are you? Where am I?" His guard is up, and he waits to see what this strange creature does. He counter attacks if attacked.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games