New Dawn Ex-Cons

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: New Dawn Ex-Cons

Postby MakesMumCry on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:40 am

Perfect, i gotses my internets back, and i still want to play.
besides, what a lousy end i had suffered, trapped inside a giant tentacle beast.
I still might die in there, but this way i will know for sure.

At least i will (hopefully) die fighting on a wooden plank and not eternally fighting to get on that plank. ;)

Summary: Yay!
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm

WorstCase wrote:I'd like to continue this, too :)

Maybe you should use an USB-Stick as well, to store your picture files. (or use an online file storage service.)

i'll probably start doing that worst. working on the update now. and hey! you reminded me that i can download everything i've uploaded to deviantart! so that should mean good things.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Update 24

Smells turns on his flashight night vision. Looks like this is just a lone corridor, most definitely not trapped at all.

Happy keeps guarding that hallway. What a trooper.

Meanwhile, in the horrible sea monster's stomach, Voices swims over to the planks, taking another 1 damage as he does so. He then cuts a nearby tentacle with his akimbo knives. Also a wing gets dropped down.

Bad-Odds sees the end of it all, everything that ever existed. And he knows that he caused it.

... Or not. Bad-Odds actually just rolls around, hallucinating.

Might jumps into the water as the bird's body is tugged under the water's surface.

Threw gets really close to the temple... dammit! He's supposed to be in there! Well... just pretend he is.

SPOILERS:only one major problem with this update. but hey, at least we're up and running again!

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Happy will follow smells down the hopefully not booby trapped corridor.

SPOILERS:Also really glad you're back :D
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Smells will pull out his magical Manacles of Trap Detection and huck them down the hallway. He will then carefully follow them.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kelten on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:22 am

Oh no! Clearly the week of nonexistence and the end of the world was a illusion!

Bad-Odds starts to calculate how bad the odds are to survive in a monsters belly.
After a quick prayer for his (maybe lost) friend, he heads for the dungeon.
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 am

Might continues with her plan to dive down and attack the seamonster with her bare hands. Trying to dodge the tentacles.

Maybe ripping off some feathers of the birdwing and tickling the monster's belly from inside will make it spit you out, Voices.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Rains
(Hmm... Don't really know what to do. Any suggestions?)
Well... Rains tries to torn off a leg of the blue bird. It could serve as a nice meal for Voices to recover any health he might loose inside of the beast. If Rains is succesful, he'll try to swim to the shore.
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadBoat on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 am

Threw ... walks inside and joins smells.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MakesMumCry on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:00 am

Hears Voices hacks, slashes and defends himself from any Tentacles that try to get him off his plank.

I can do this a looooooong time! At least until 0 HP! Think it would be really nice if i could get any help though! Why, we do have fun, eh? NOOOOoooooo, i can survive inside a tentacle beast, but please please not a canadian in my head!

SPOILERS:Glad this continues, i just was about to abandon this thread.
Question: Coud Bad-Odds heal me while i am inside and he is outside?
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:58 pm

hey guys. i... um got all the picures done and am ready to type up the update, it's just that for some reason i can't copy image locations now. i was wondering if one of you guys would be willing to send them to me until i get this fixed?

the picture are here: http://dblackmaen.deviantart.com/gallery/. thanks in advance.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Update 25

Voices keeps attacking the tentacle, which seems to be almost dead. Key word: almost. All three tentacles start to strike back at him for 1 damage, reducing Voices to 1/5 HP. Time to start betting on whether or not he'll die next turn, people.

Might punches a tentacle, and does no damage. Luckily the sea beast seems to be mroe interested in the big blue bird... for now.

Rains rips off 2 [Talon, they aren't quite sharp enough to break skin] and swims to the shore.

Smells, Throw, and Happy all go down the corridor, extremely prepared for traps. Of which I told you last turn there are none. They arrive in a new area. It looks like a... well you know. You can see it. And if you can't see it, how are you reading this?

Bad-Odds arrives in the secret passageway.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh well, no luck on getting something cookable. Getting inside the beast with Voices would give the tentacles another target, but there's no way of knowing if it's possible to get there in time, and if he dies it's best to be out... But he's our veteran! He risked his life for us. I'll risk it.

Rains
Rains swims faster than he ever sawm before, aiming straight at an open mouth of the monster. He'll try to grab on a tentacle when entering, both to try to avoid the acid and to try to prevent it from hitting Voices.
SPOILERS:Interesting stuff in the prison! And the age-old question of what the doors to open and what are best left closed... At least everyone seems well armed to deal with whatever comes out! o/
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 am

SPOILERS:That's simple enough: Don't open any doors. Doors are always a bad sign. always.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 am

Might will try to give Rains some cover from the other tentacles, so he can hopefully succeed with his plan of rescuing Voices.
She attacks again.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:33 am

Smells will peer into the first door.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:04 am

Happy will attack anything that attacks smells if nothing does then he trys to see what is in the second door.

SPOILERS:Is it just me or does it look like something broke out ofthe first door?
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MadBoat on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 am

Threw examines the cell with the green shine coming off it.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Ziprath wrote:
SPOILERS:Is it just me or does it look like something broke out ofthe first door?

SPOILERS:Not only that, it also looks like it was melted shut... O.o
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MakesMumCry on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:27 pm

MakesMumCry wrote:Hears Voices hacks, slashes and defends himself from any Tentacles that try to get him off his plank.

I can do this a looooooong time! At least until 0 HP! Think it would be really nice if i could get any help though! Why, we do have fun, eh? NOOOOoooooo, i can survive inside a tentacle beast, but please please not a canadian in my head!

SPOILERS:Glad this continues, i just was about to abandon this thread.
Question: Could Bad-Odds heal me while i am inside and he is outside? (the beast that is, or does this count as another region... technically i'd say no, but i am not the DM here... not that it would matter that much, just life and death...

this, again... :grumble:
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:48 pm

no, bad-odds cannot heal you while you are inside the beast's belly and he is outside. the caster has to be near the target for heal.

i'm also running a program to get rid of the malware on my computer so today's update will either be late tonight or early morning tomorrow.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm

bad-odds prays for his god's to make a exception, and heal the goblin in the belly! He will gladly grant some of his own blood in exchange.

Using the secret passage he makes a echoing prayer chamber to be extra loud to the god's!

Besides, it was pure bad-odds that he ended up there, as he just slipped on a stone! The god's should listen!
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby MakesMumCry on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Rocks fall, the game dies?
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:08 pm

It did so a fair while ago.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut