New Dawn Ex-Cons

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: New Dawn Ex-Cons

Postby MadBoat on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Threw advances
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

Might runs down the hill with the others. "I bet that key is for the second human's chains. We still don't know who he is, and what he's done. Normally humans treat each other better than goblins,... those jerks in that city could be an exeption, though.

I almost forgot to say: I'll be off for two days. I'll probably be back late on next monday, so Might will simply assist the others. (She'll not attack a chained up human though - unless she's attcked first, or eat meat of anything humanoid.)
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Update 8

Bad-Odds pushes the human's body down the hill as Voices runs to catch up with everyone else.

Threw, Might, Happy, and Rains notice the escaping prisoner off in the distance. Smells lands right on his face, taking 1 damage, and is now at 4/5 HP. Voices barely manages to catch up, gasping for breath.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:17 pm

After him!
(how the hell did he get down the hill with bound feet? I tried that once)

Bad odds dumps the body in the river, it should float in the same direction. He then heads of after the others.
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Might checks the stone in the river -not without a nostalgic glance at the silvery fish in the water- in case the stone looks like a good stepping stone she'll try to get to the other side of the river and ask the others again to not waste their escape time with chasing the fleeing human.
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:19 am

I suggest we split up, and have a few chasing the runner. Hes going to tell everything to the first human he sees.
Stabsafoot
Equipment:
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:56 am

Happy will take a quick drink and then follow the rest of the group.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:50 am

Smells will beat the treachery out of that human if it's the last thing he does!

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MadBoat on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:31 pm

being the only one propperly armed, Threw follows the group chasing the human, running in front of him and brandishing his sword if he catches up to him.

FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Rains follows Might.
-I agree we shouldn't waste our escape time chasing that human, but splitting up might be worse... Goblins are strong in numbers and there is no place to hide in these plains if danger appears! Anyway, I'll go with you, no goblin should be alone in this dangerous lands!

SPOILERS:PSychotic, do we have clan fourem's ESP?
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MakesMumCry on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Hears Voices

I can see the benefits of not chasing the human, it could be that we waste our time...
On the other hand: humans have imprisoned us, have done numerous experiments on us (oh the horror!) and it is our first encounter since we escaped, if not for some gear, we can at least try to snatch some information from him, satisfy our thirst for revenge on all humans and ... well, i guess we do not really know our directions after all, so following him is at least our only clear railroad track.

"Onward my fellow goblinoid youngsters! Try to catch him alife (so we can kill him later)!"
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Update 9

Might and Rains cross the river, swiftly jumping on and then off the slippery stone. Bad-Odds meanwhile is doing something much more sinister, getting rid of all the evidence that they even went this way. A warmth rises up in his chest as the guard's body gets pulled downstream.

Threw, Happy, Smells, and Happy chase after the human. And they catch up to him too! Threw flails his arms around trying to intimidate the human, but all he really does is make himself look like a fool. Smells decides that a better intimidation technique would be A PUNCH TO THE FACE! Sadly, the human blocks Smell's punch and takes no damage.

Might and Rains keep walking and find some trees.

SPOILERS:some fun facts! you guys do have esp. it's because of the suffering and torture you guys got. also, it was magicked in. by a wizard. and the prisoner didn't actually run down the hill, but rather tripped very badly. oh, if only you guys had ran after him and saw.

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:25 pm

"We should make a deal with the human. We let him go if he tells us about the surrounding area."
Happy will Non-violently try to stop any goblin hurting the human.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MadBoat on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:08 pm

If the human attacks any goblin, Threw guts him. otherwise he grabs the human's ankle shackles to prevent him from running off.
Last edited by MadBoat on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 am

Smells does more facepunching. Can't have enough facepunching.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kelten on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 am

Bad odds comes over to the human, showing the key

"how about you come with us, and we set you free later? The guard is dead, and there going to blame you for it. You want to get away right?"
He then leaves for the trees.
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:52 am

knucklekraken wrote:Smells does more facepunching. Can't have enough facepunching.

SPOILERS:hehehe
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 am

Rains
-Trees! That's great! :D A place to hide! And it seems that everything turned out okay with the prisioner, phew! :nervous:
*Rains carefully walks left*

SPOILERS:Really liked the art in this update! o/
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby WorstCase on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 am

Might will climb up the next tree and look around.
"Well let's hope for the best. It might be only a trick by Odds so the human let's his guard down."

mayor action: Lookout
minor action: looking for delicious fresh bugs, while in the tree

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby MakesMumCry on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Hears Voices
stands just around, looking first this way then that way, his lips moving... suddenly he bursts out:

"Hit Him!
No protect him!
No take revenge!
Get information!
Think of your Goblin-Fellas!"

He just isn't sure which voice is right, but he knows for sure: if one of the others is in Danger, he will smash someones knee with his stone! (Preferably that of the human! Even if someone else endagers a fellow Goblin.)

SPOILERS:Edit to clarify my action:
If someone of my Goblin-Escapees is in danger, i will attack the human in a bloody rage!
If not, i will watch the humans actions calmly.

Might i remember our healer that healing is a free action that takes place before combat, and some are beyound full HP (including me ;) *hinthint*
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Update 10

Happy unsuccessfully tries to stop Smells from punching the human again. The prisoner blocks the punch however and pulls out a shiv, stabbing Smells for 1 damage, reducing him to 3/5 HP. Threw and Voices attack him in return, causing major damage! He's still standing though.

Bad-Odds jingles his keys, trying to get the man's attention, but that's kind of hard with a fight going on. He then crosses the river, jumping using the rock as a stepping stone.

Might climbs up the tree. She finds no delicious bugs while climbing to its canopy.

Rains walks deeper into the forest.

SPOILERS:time for stats!

Bad-Odds 6/6 HP ATK 1 DEF 1
Spells: Heal
Inventory: Key

HearsVoices 4/5 HP 2 ATK 3 DEF
Inventory: Rock

Behind-The-Rains 5/5 HP 1 ATK 2 DEF
Inventory: Empty

Who-Threw-tha--Oh-Gods-Adventurers-To-Arms-Goblins 5/5 HP 4 ATK 1 DEF
Inventory: Two-Handed Sword

Smells-A-Rat 3/5 HP 1 ATK 2 DEF
Inventory: Banged-Up Helmet

It-Might-Be-Useful-Later 6/6 HP 1 ATK 1 DEF

Happy-To-Help 5/5 HP 1 ATK 3 DEF

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

(shrug)

Threw kills the human. then he'll loot the manacles, cutting off the feet if needed.

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:46 pm

On top of the tree Might looks around.
Is there anything of interest near? (mountain, lake, rising colums of smoke, more humans, other stuff the like)
If she spots nothing of interest, she'll climb down and walk deeper into the woods as well.

But not before looking for a thick or pointy branch (or two) she can use as a weapon(s).

minor action: looking for landmarks
mayor action: searching for a weapon

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 am

Happy will defend his goblin brothers by trying to grab the humans knife to stop him stabbing them.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kelten on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 am

Yes, take the feet and arms, ill unlock them later.
Dump the body in the river will you? Best not leave it for someone to find. And take his dagger to.

Bad-odds moves to the light spot in the clearing
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games