"Sigil Prep" Disc/Infothread - One More Spot Open!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Anyone heard of Sigil Prep? (RP idea...?)

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Okay, I've started on a bio. I want to put the basic concept up for approval before I get too far into the details. I'd hate to put a lot of effort into something which was flawed from the very beginning. Anyways take a look and see if there are any problems with what I've written so far. I'm still debating what major best fits my character's natural skill sets and generally happy-go-lucky personality. I'm open to suggestion (please). I'm sure that decision will drive how I fill out the rest of the bio. This will especially influence the as of yet unwritten history section.

Name:
Kerri Keroppi

Race:
Kaeruzoku (frog tribe) A tribe of humans who protect frogs. In return they have been granted exceptional skill in jumping, swimming and singing.

As a kaeruzoku, Kerri can jump roughly ten times her own body length, a distance of 50 ft (15 meters) with the greatest of ease. She can jump pretty far while carrying another person also, but obviously not as far as when jumping alone. This also means she can fall several stories without sustaining any injury, provided she lands on her feet. Because she swims everyday, Kerri has a rather athletic build. The moderate amount of webbing between her fingers and toes gives her top speed in water a slight boost above your average human although I suppose a normal human could wear flippers or something and gain a similar advantage. Kerri cannot swim in salt water however. It dries out her skin too much and she breaks into a terrible itchy rash.

Now, when I say that the kaeruzoku are exceptional singers, I mean by the standards of frogs. Kerri’s voice is on the lower end of the spectrum for women. She sings in contralto. It is also very hoarse. To summarize it in a phrase, Kerri sounds as though she has a frog stuck in her throat. When she sings her voice bellows loudly. Most of the songs she knows are frog noises. This is a good thing… when your audience is frogs.

World of Origin:
The Land of Frogs.

This is a magical world filled with intelligent animals of all kinds. Human tribes are very rare in this world. The few humans that remain are the Hebizoku (snake tribe) and the Kaeruzoku (frog tribe). With the help of these human rulers, the known world was divided amongst the kingdom of the frogs and the kingdom of the snakes.

In this world, demons are small 6 inch tall parasitic blobs which excrete a special gas. This gas makes whoever breathes it susceptible to hypnotic suggestion until it wears off. Typically the demons attach themselves to a host and use their gas to take complete control of their host. They were more of a nuisance than a threat and were generally ignored. That is until the Demon King came along and changed everything. The Demon King was an exceptionally large blob the size of a two story house. He could produce enough hypnotic gas to take over entire villages. Facing such a great threat, the snakes and the frogs formed an uneasy alliance. The magical war raged on for many years and it seemed the demons would win. Then in one final and desperate gambit, the rulers of the snakes and the frogs opened a portal thus banishing all evil to another world. Unfortunately the king and queen and all of their knights of both the frog and snake tribes were sent to the other world as well.

The Land of Frogs was returned to a state of peace. Humans, who were rare before the war, were reduced to a small handful on the verge of extinction after it. These were mainly the children of nobles who were too young to fight at the time of the war. Ten years have passed since the war ended and the peace between the kingdoms of frogs and snakes has grown strained.

The kingdom of frogs is mostly a bunch of lakes and ponds. There’s quite a bit of forest too, but it’s mostly ponds. Boats are uncommon here since most folks are strong swimmers. The exception is for sea voyages. Frogs are fresh water creatures and the saltwater of the ocean dries out their skin. The climate of this world is tropical. It is always warm and never snows.

Major:
Arcane Arts

Minor/Concentration:
Genki Girl - "Your presence itself is like shouting."

Grade:
First year

Means Of Acceptance:
Black mail. Decades ago, a certain well known adventurer went to the kingdom of frogs for an extended stay. During this time there was an “incident” involving certain parties, egregious errors in judgment, and many copious indiscretions. Needless to say that once discovered, the frogs involved were punished immediately. The foreigner however was sent away with only a warning in exchange for a future favor.

This same individual went on to become a member of the Sigil Prep faculty. It was by chance that one of the elder Frogs came across this person’s name while researching various schools to send the noble children to. As one of the few remaining frogs alive today who could even remember the incident, he decided to call in the favor and have this person sponsor Keri’s entry into the school. The person agreed and now the debt is settled. It is hoped that Keri will do well and become an alumnus thus opening the way for other kaeruzoku to attend.

Appearance:
She has shoulder length blue hair and deep blue eyes. She ties her hair into twin braids using red ribbons. Her skin is fair. She has the toned and lithe build of a swimmer and a gymnst rather than the bulk of a body builder. She stands about 4ft 8inches tall.

Regardless of what else she may be wearing, Kerri always wears a formfitting one piece bathing suit underneath. Typically a pink one with a short skirt attached. Above this she will wear loose fitting or easily removed clothes. An example of this would be a robe tied at the waist with a sash or ribbon. The reason for this is that her home land is very warm and there is water all over the place. Lots of heavy clothes would just be a drowning hazard. Nudism is not uncommon amongst the kaeruzoku as it makes sense given the environment, though Kerri is not a practitioner of this lifestyle.

If it gets cold, even slightly, she will bundle on the layers. Being from a tropical world, Kerri has little tolerance for chilly weather.

History:
Keri’s parents were knights of the kaeruzoku. Her parents were among those banished to another world during the final battle. The nine year old orphaned noble Keri along with two other kaeruzoku were taken in by a foster family of high ranking battle toads. Though they were toads, they had moved their way up through the military ranks because of their exceptional melee skills. It was a good family and the toads were certainly qualified to protect the heirs to some of the last remaining noble houses.

Keri was expected to grow up and be a knight like her parents so she too can one day defend the kingdom of frogs just like her parents and ancestors. Because of this expectation, the focus of her education up until this point has been primarily on physical fitness. She has the toned and lithe build of a gymnast and swimmer rather than the bulk of a bodybuilder.

Keri sometimes struggles with reading, but she is literate. The problem was that most of the toads and frogs of the kingdom were illiterate. Fortunately for Keri, one of the older Kaeruzoku children knew enough about reading to teach her how it is done. One of the main obstacles to this end was getting her to settle down and focus long enough to learn. Keri is the type who bursts with youthful energy and vitality. She’s always sneaking off and running about the forests at “200% energy” looking for her next great adventure.

When she came of age, Keri was sent to Sigil Prep for a more formal education. The frogs hope that the prestigious school will be able to increase her scholarly learning far beyond what they could provide. After all, a good portion of the frog scholars (mages, wizards, etc.) were lost in combat and with them their knowledge.

Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Heeheefrogs.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:21 am

Alright, if the basic idea is okay then I have two follow up questions:

1. What is the basic climate at Sigil Prep?
2. Is there a place where Kerri can swim at least once daily? Perhaps a pool, river, or other body of freshwater?

I'll get to work filling in the rest of the bio soon.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:32 am

SleepyOrigami wrote:Alright, if the basic idea is okay then I have two follow up questions:

1. What is the basic climate at Sigil Prep?
2. Is there a place where Kerri can swim at least once daily? Perhaps a pool, river, or other body of freshwater?

I'll get to work filling in the rest of the bio soon.

1) Yes.

2) Yes, there is a Very Large Fountain right in the middle of campus, about the size of a small lake, with a dozen water fixtures up to and including a manmade magical miniature waterfall, and also home to some local wildlife. And there's a pool in the building adjacent to it, which is used for phys classes. Having had people oriented or requiring an aquatic lifestyle (among other oddities), they allow a lot of leeway as needed for students. It would not be too unusual to have someone have a bathtub rather than a bed, if necessary.
Same goes for anything or anyone else that would require such things. Fireproof clothes for people who spontaneously combust, rubber-lined stuff for those who get zappy, or rooftop perch rooms for birdfolks. Or in the case of a current student, a doggie bed and a magical climate control system in the room (which gets fought over like nobody's business, as the two residents hail from the tundra and a desert).
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 am

[Bio]

Name: Davarioc
Race: Black Orc
Major: Tactics and Warfare
Minor/Concentration: Babaric Sage / Think Tank
Grade: FirstYear
Means Of Acceptance: Destiny. Murak Inhaz, the Blood Caster, Head shaman of all Black Orcs asked for Davarioc's education based on some visions and oracles.

World of Origin: Numba Haloc
Black Orcs are about a head smaller than humans, but broad and strong as dwarfs, with the sense of smell of blood hounds and the dark vision of elves. And the intellect of a moldy bread. They are a veritable threat on the worlds they inhabit, especially due to a mix of extraordinary vitality and fertility. They do not have a single home world... or maybe the had, just forgot which it was... their Shamans and Priests know the magic to open portals into new worlds, and thus many worlds are plagued by their aggressions.
When asked where they come from, the Black Orcs tell of 'Numba Haloc' which is a term to describe the emotional and cultural bounds which connect all Black Orcs in spite of tribalism and distance. Actually Black Orcs are very chummy among their own kind, but there is a sort of chauvinism at work there which roots in the need for land this fertile, ever expanding species has. Everything that isn't Numba Haloc is either food/resource 'Toola' or just in the way 'Ak Ha Nim'. Their Cultural traits are numerous and strange, it would go too far to list them. Most Ak Ha Nim consider Black Orcs to be savages anyways.

Appearance:
Davarioc is covered in thick black fur, aside that a skillfully stitched loincloth is his only piece of clothing, he doesn't even need shoes.
Strange shaped, black eyes; thick, pointy finger nails (not quite claws); tusks; the fur on the head is a bit longer, but it would be too much to speak of 'hair'. The fur on Davarioc's shoulders are died red, on his knees blue and on the forehead a three forked white line begins which gets lost further up in the head-fur.

History:
There is not much history.
The Shamans wander through the tribes to seek talented apprentices. Not long ago, Davarioc got noticed by one of them, despite having not a spark of talent for Shamanism and no divine guidance to seek out Priesthood. He was extraordinarily intelligent, an outright genius. That was enough to bring him before the Head Shaman of all Numba Haloc: Murak Inhaz the Blood Caster. Divinations, Oracles and Prophecies where consulted, and indeed it boiled down to a simple truth... Davarioc is a nexus of the fate of the Numba Haloc. There will come a time when Davarioc will decide upon the destiny of all Black Orcs, one way or another.
After long debates and argues about what should happen with the young Orc, the Blood Caster decided to support Davarioc's Smartness by sending him somewhere where he could learn as much as possible.

Personality: Proud, Chummy, Patient with a hint of Berserk. Despite his Intelligence (A Genius for the Black Orcs is actually merely slightly over the Average for most others) he is not overly Curious... or more... he appears sort of unfazable by strange or new things.

Notes: Davaroic brought two axes made from bone, a Composite bow made from bone and a few furs, gold nuggets, knifes and jewelry the elders told him he would need for 'trading'. He arrived through a whirling red portal that spew lightings and blew strong winds... He got a flat, red stone that, cast into fire, will allow him to speak to the Head Shaman.

(Edit)
Possessions:
- Magics: A flat stone which can contact the Head Shaman (and only him) when it is heated in a fire.
- Clothes: Those are sturdy, supposed to hold a life and the waistband is strong enough to double as belt which holds pouches and loops for carrying purposes.
--- A cloak made from fur that he rarely wears even in winter.
- Basic Weapons: Two (one handed, one bladed) axes made from bone.
--- One composite bow made from bone plusA quiver of arrows, made from leather, the arrows are of bone or wood, with obsidian tips.
- Tools: Obsidian knife.
--- Small armory kit for bone and wooden weapons.
- Misc: Two books in Orcish, a guide on trading with Toola, a dairy-like tale about a Black Orc leaving the Numba Haloc and living with the Toola.
--- Furs, gems, silver nuggets and copper rings equal to a reasonable amount of money.
--- A set of bone sticks in arious colors, usable to play many simple and a few complex games.
--- Two handy bags with straps for carrying.
... maybe I'll think of something more, but them that'd be trinkets, personal belongings or cultural stuff.
Last edited by nokvok on Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Heehee, I like this guy. Approved! I have silliness to work out since he has the DESTINY(!) deal for entry. MWAHAHAHA~!
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:07 am

This RP has not started yet. Hence, I must now make a second character. Blame Yun and Cameo by proxy.

Name: Uz Nagrak of the Ice Bear
Race: Half-Ork
World of Origin:
Major: Barbarian
Minor/Concentration: Orks is fer fightin'.
Grade: Sophomore
Means Of Acceptance: Scholarship.
Appearance: Uz is, quite frankly, the sort of guy who one would assume was built as architecture rather than grown. 20 stone of hulking muscle under scarred green hide and seeming almost as wide as his six foot height, the half-ork is an intimidating sight. His brutish looks, along with the relaxed speech of his homeland and heavy accent brought on by a jutting jaw and three-inch ivory tusks, tend to lead others to assume that Uz is some sort of simpleton. He is more than willing to let them keep that assumption, for the most part, because it means he gets to be lazy when it comes time for heavy thinking and makes sure he can decide to take insult to anything when a fight suits his needs. Among friends he is more relaxed, showing off a lively and rough sense of humor, and overall being a lot more tolerant than his image would suggest. Uz does, however, share the Orkish view of life, beaten into him by his mother. "We're da best. Think diffrent do ya? Come and have a go then, ya runty little wimp!"

History: Son of an orkish war-shaman and her on-and-off barbarian lover, Uz was raised in the rough-and-tumble society of an ork clan. Half-human, his childhood was a struggle as the faster-maturing orks of his generation tried to prove their superiority in the tribe's social order by the traditional method : Beating the snot out of anyone else who gave them lip. Over time, the boy learned to take whatever he was dealt, matching the stubborn toughness of his orkish heritage with very human determination in the inevitable scraps of orkish childhood. After one particularly bad fight with the son of the band's chief, Uz's mother had finally had enough, and sent the boy off to his father's tribe, figuring that he would at least survive to adulthood among the humans.

The tribe of the Ice Bear were deeply surprised to meet the adventuring hero's son... and also unprepared to have someone so visibly orkish living with them, his father having vanished some years ago on one quest or another. He had left instructions, however, in case one of his children showed up... and so Uz found himself moving even further on, to Sigil...

So far, two years in the school has done nothing but good things for Uz. Playing dungeonball has let him revel in doing violence with justification, and given him new people to measure his strength against.
Last edited by BinaryWraith on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Drayco wrote:Who's Tyrone?

Also, Eberron is pretty much the "hi-tech" world by this game's standards.

Also, both of Kool's guys are approved.

My character?

The Henshin paladin?

Yaodune is mostly "lo-tech" except for highly advanced nation which Tyrone hails from.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:48 pm

semi on-topic subject. I am thinknig of giving my character an accent.
Is this a good idea?
Y/N?
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm

It adds a nice flavor... as long as people can read it.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:01 pm

they should be able to. it's nothing too out there.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 am

What he said on the accent.

And oh.

Also orky smashy guy amuses me, and is thus APPROVED!
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:21 pm

just to clarify, I was thinking of trying a southern accent of sorts.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:44 am

Okay, I've updated the bio for Keri. Everything is there now.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm

If you need any more Destiny related information let me know, though, I kept it deliberately vague cause I think it matters not much for the game.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh, and if we're assigning allignments, even loosely, Tyrone is Neutral Good.

"I do not serve law and order. My only cause is Justice."
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 am

Keri is approved! Also, officially, she got a full ride scholarship, at the request of the blackmail-ee in question. I have a guy in mind for him. >:3

And yes, there IS an alignment system, however it's only the Law-Neutral-Chaos axis, due to how I think it SHOULD work. Good and Evil are, to me, relevant concepts, based entirely on perceptions and situations for the most part. Therefore, they shouldn't be quantifiable as physical factors in one's being.
Law, Balance, and Chaos, however, are tangible, supernatural concepts, and all living creatures are aligned with one of the three. It's more something to keep in mind though, since it'll rarely come up. There are certain exceptions, of course. Certain majors have a strict adherence to one or the other. Rogues, Berserkers, and that sort tend towards Chaos, while Paladins and the majority of casters tend towards Law.

In other news, I am slightly buried under portfolio work and job hunting, so this won't be starting right away. Gives people time to stew over more details as necessary, and so forth. MINGLE!
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Well said. I hadn't thought of that before, but well said. Yeah, 4e really screwed up alignments, didn't they?

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Allignments were always screwy.

Therefore I used MnM's allegiance system.

And Tyrone's Allegiance is JUSTICE!

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:51 am

Justice with a side of Funk!

...yeah, I don't know why I did that.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Drayco wrote:In other news, I am slightly buried under portfolio work and job hunting, so this won't be starting right away. Gives people time to stew over more details as necessary, and so forth. MINGLE!

OOCzone
Sleepy: Get out there!
Keri: What? No, the RP hasn't started yet.
Sleepy: Too bad, his Moogleness hath commanded ye to mingle. Sooo
*Boots her out of the OOCzone*
Get out there and mingle!

Discussion Thread
"aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAH!" a female voice can be heard from the sky. It's Keri and she's falling rapidly from a portal in the sky.

Please land on my feet! Please land on my feet! Please land on my feet! Please land on my feet!
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:32 am

*summons a pile of foam feet for her to land on*
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

*shapes the foam into a pair of giant feet*

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 pm

...a pair of giant foam feet made out of smaller foam feet.
Now that is just plain silly.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 am

Come now, this is Mayhem. What did you expect?

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem