You are on a boat...

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

You are on a boat...

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:51 am

The vessel is not one of grand size or luxury. It is old, very old. The wood has long turned grey. What is left of the rusted nails is no longer identifiable from the coatings of salt on the deck. The ship is 20 long strides from stern to bow and amidship it is 5 from port side to starboard. A cabin rests on the center of the boat leaving two free areas, stern and bow, with just enough room on the sides for one person to pass easily. There is another level below deck accessible from the cabin. The open areas are filled with wooden benches in the same shape as the boat . The benches are half-filled with passengers, most of them are alone but a few sit together, chatting, silent, or holding each other.
The ship has no mast and no sail to speak of. No oars protrude from the belly of the ship, propelling it further through the waters. The boat relies only on a pole to travel. The pole belongs to a man in dark clothing. He is bald and thin, his skin is pale but hard from his work. He is the only man that appears to be working on the ship.
The water is calm, disturbed only by the ship and a ripple here or there. The air is cool and thick with fog. The land is nowhere to be seen thanks to the low hanging vapor. The only sound is the boat through the water.

For some reason, you are a passenger aboard this ship.

(Open RP. As of the time of this post, only one rule: you are on the boat)

Edit: Why yes, Fawe, I AM quite aware of the similarities.
Last edited by mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: You are on a boat...

Postby FaweFC44 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 am

The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piane on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 am

One of the passengers was a tall, lanky man wearing a long, waterproofed coat. He sat alone, hands clasped, with his elbows resting on his knees, as he stared off into the distance, trying to see something in the fog.
Current avatar: Shizuo from Durarara, ready to kick Izaya's head in.
Current theme song: "21st Century Schizoid Man" By King Crimson

Hello, and welcome to the mental heath hotline...
Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:57 am

Kay stood up from her spot near the bow of the boat where she had been trying to tan and glared at the fog "What kind of tropical cruse has this much fog????"
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piane on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:41 am

The lanky man mumbled in reply, "You expected a tropic cruse on this boat? We're going somewhere, but don't expect clear weather." He still stared out into sea. Athough this weather is a problem, can't see a damn thing...

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

"If only I hadn't died then I wouldn't be a ghost," says the ghost. He or should I say "it" looks down at its still warm yet now lifeless body slumped in a sitting position with a peaceful look as if only resting. To think just moments earlier Kay had been sitting((or was it lying?)) next to a corpse and didn't even notice when his breathing stopped. Perhaps it's hard to tell when there's so much fog about. "I guess I will now possess something as that's what ghosts do or something," says the ghost to itself seeing as no one can see or hear it because ghosts are invisible. The ghost then does what it said it would do and possess the the wooden boat deck. The change is more or less imperceptible save it gets a bit chillier and gloomier for those not inside the cabin. "I have made it cold and gloomy," the ghost sighs to itself with a touch of sadness at its state of being (that of being a ghost passenger on a boat).
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 am

A young girl who looks to be 17 or so takes a look at the floor of the cabin "you can stay out here, I think we are safe for now" her tone is somewhat flat, as if she were in fact slightly bored.
Attachments
Annabell.png
what she looks like
Annabell.png (144.6 KiB) Viewed 5419 times
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jstone on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Somewhere amidships, a strange man is pacing back and forth while muttering something to himself. He is dressed in a hooded brown cloak that reaches the floor, obscuring most of his features. What can be seen is disheveled, but hints that this dirty appearance is recent: The lower edge of his cloak is stained from mud and dirt, and there is a good day's growth of beard on his chin. Anybody that gets close enough to hear his mutterings will hear him repeating something in ancient greek, with the words "styx," "charon," and "hades" featuring prominently.

((He could be wrong, but the similarities are kind of creeping him out. ;) ))
Testimonials:
hammerqueen wrote:I am both impressed and mildly concerned.
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:46 pm

The strange man's negative emotions of being creeped out draw the attention of the ghost whose new ghost senses tell it delicious meal over there. So it moves through the decking it has been possessing towards him and its disembodied head rematerializes out of the floor. It proceeds to leech on the negative emotional energy of the pacing man. Depending on how strong the emotions are the ghost's ability to extract the negative energy increase. How will the removal of this energy, even in small amounts, affect the man? Who knows, certainly not the new ghost who is just following instinct. What is known is that as the ghost grows in power it becomes slightly more "visible" to its victim. With the minor amount of negativity given off by the man at present the ghost is still see-through, but perhaps the strange pacing man can hear faint whispers whenever the ghost speaks from now on. "Yum."
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm

The girl follows the spirit for lack of any more exciting thing to do interesting.
Keenspot Deity

Postby zerras on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 pm

A bookish girl with light tan skin, long dark brown hair dressed in a modest sundress of Polynesian design, and wearing a pair sandals and a set of thick black rimmed glasses stands along one of the railings, she mutters aloud about being 'retired too soon'.
"To ask for help when your mind is troubled is never a sign of weakness."
"Eldari Saga", "Brown-Dwarf Ramble", "Warsaw the 42nd" and their derivative works: ©2006, Zerras
click me!:Free Stuff!:I has Wiki!:Back when Sonic was cool:bunny XP=5210+
NINA Goddess of Dance

أهب دجاج مقلي
zerras
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: cyuggot ug u vul gliot geh jlequm ni cellequc yum suhhyuomo

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 pm

The tall, dark-haired catgirl overheard this, and padded up to stand next to her. She had cheetah-patterned fur, yellow eyes, and was dressed in a tunic and leggings.

"Retired from where?" she asked.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:42 am

On the deck, an oldish man stood in a dark business suit. He had dark brown hair, touched by grey, and a lined face from a life time of worry or laughter. There was no laughter in his face now. A look of resigned hopelessness adorned his face now. He sat cross legged on the deck, leaning against the cabin, head in his hands. After a minute he got up and coughed, trying to clear his voice, before breaking into song.

"Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish Ladies, Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain; For we've received orders for to sail for old England, But we hope in a short time to see you again." There was a mournful edge to his voice, and he sighed, sitting down again and waiting for his voyage across the misty waters to end.

((And now all you need to do is to make his mournfulness utterly out of place by making the boat some kind of ride at a theme park :P ))
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:35 pm

The cloaked man somehow perceives the presence of the ghost, and realizes that it is drawn to, and feeding off of, his negative emotions. He empties his mind of all powerful emotions and distractions, and directs a simple thought towards the ghost.

Hello my friend. What is your story?
Testimonials:
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piane on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:25 am

Feeling slightly uncomfortable, the longcoat-man pulled out a case about the thirty inches long, thirteen inches wide, and 5 inches tall, opened it, and pulled out a mandolin. He strummed a few cords before starting to tune it, grumbleing something about moisture and wood damage.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby zerras on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:58 am

OzLionHeart wrote:The tall, dark-haired catgirl overheard this, and padded up to stand next to her. She had cheetah-patterned fur, yellow eyes, and was dressed in a tunic and leggings.

"Retired from where?" she asked.

" 'The Boss' has placed me on administrative leave without pay, he's worried about me usurping him as 'prime' on the council." She laughs bitterly after saying this, It is apparent that there is some hostility towards this 'Boss'.
"To ask for help when your mind is troubled is never a sign of weakness."
"Eldari Saga", "Brown-Dwarf Ramble", "Warsaw the 42nd" and their derivative works: ©2006, Zerras
click me!:Free Stuff!:I has Wiki!:Back when Sonic was cool:bunny XP=5210+
NINA Goddess of Dance

أهب دجاج مقلي
zerras
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: cyuggot ug u vul gliot geh jlequm ni cellequc yum suhhyuomo

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 am

The catgirl nodded, more in sympathy than actual understanding.

"I wouldn't know about that," she said. "I've always been more of an 'independent contractor', as it were."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:11 am

Jstone wrote:The cloaked man somehow perceives the presence of the ghost, and realizes that it is drawn to, and feeding off of, his negative emotions. He empties his mind of all powerful emotions and distractions, and directs a simple thought towards the ghost.

Hello my friend. What is your story?

"My story?" The man in the business suit stopped his song, mid-verse and turns, looking for the speaker.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:46 am

((No, book. He's thinking at the ghost that's trying to eat him :P))
Testimonials:
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piane on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 pm

With his instrument tuned to his satisfaction, the longcoat-man started to play, and sing 'Scarborough Fair'.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Annabelle grows bored of the ghost and the other man, if they will ignore her why should she not do the same to them? Searching for some other thing to occupy herself she listens to the soothing music of the longcoat-man (that would be you piane.)
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 am

Jstone wrote:Hello my friend. What is your story?

The ghost is a bit miffed at having its food supply cut off, but it lets the matter slide because it is even more surprised that the man is attempting to communicate with it.

"My story?" it ponders, "well I just became a ghost maybe five minutes ago." It rises out of the floor completely and kind of floats in front of the man as it explain, "I was a passenger on this boat along with my girlfriend and her pet pit bull." The ghost lays back on the air and continues, "we were sunbathing together on the deck (before the fog rolled in). My body is still up there." The ghost grabs its throat now to indicate chocking, "well one thing led to another and I ended up falling asleep with a large wad of chewing gum in my mouth. I swallowed it in my sleep and when I woke up I was dead."

Whether or not anyone could see the ghost it still put on the little show of pantomime, hand gestures, and moving about to add emphasis to its points.

OOC:
10.0.0.1 wrote:Annabelle grows bored of the ghost and the other man, if they will ignore her why should she not do the same to them?

Not meaning to ignore your character 10, it's just my ghost character believes no one can detect it and Anabelle hasn't really done anything to get its attention. So my apologies if it seemed I was ignoring you. ^_^;
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piane on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Not even noticing the fact he had an audience, the longcoat-man continued playing. He sung in a clear tenor, contrasting the soprano of his instrument.

Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 pm

The young girl was paying him close attention, apparently liking either the song, the singer or both, it is not clear which one.

(OOC: well she spoke down at the wood it was in and got no answer so she read that as being ignored, don’t worry about it I'll just make sure the ghost pays for it later *evil grin*)
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jstone on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 pm

So you are only recently departed... I was concerned that you might be a malicious spirit, but I now see you're simply inexperienced. Some advice for the future, take care while feeding on humans' emotions. Everything comes at a cost; a nibble here and there causes no significant damage, but take too much and it can be harmful to both host and spectre. Now, I believe I shall join the rest of our compatriots. If you require a medium through which to communicate, feel free to ask.

The cloaked man heads leaves the ghost and walks towards the girl and the musician.
Testimonials:
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem