RP discussion

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: RP discussion

Postby kgirl1992 on Sat May 08, 2010 7:14 pm

at a quick glance it looks ok
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon May 10, 2010 6:43 am

...awwwwww, I wanted to play a cat-guy too. Take a page out of Mystic Revolution and have cat people in addition to all the normal fantasy races! Pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? 8< *adorable moogle sugar-eyes effect go!*

Also, at least I have the "RL" character done, though I'll wait on the others until I get an official catfolk yea/nay. The game character's probably going to be one of those mixed classes, he'll have some swordsmanship but primarily black magic and fire and lightning blasty kinda stuff. Lots of offense, very little defense.

Player:
Name: Soredo Satou
Appearance: A bit your Token Hip Asian Guy. His hair is straight and brown with occasional red streaks, and he usually wears a red bandana over his head, along with a soul patch dyed red on his chin. Looks kinda bishie, wears trendy or otherwise stylish clothes, usually including a red overshirt or jacket, jeans, and fancy sneakers. The dude looks good, and makes sure that's always the case..
Personality: Arrogant, kinda standoffish, and his character largely acts the same way. Has a good heart, but tends to be pretty snarky. Still, has quite a big ego and poking it too many times is a bad idea. His character is predominantly himself with a lot more power, but in character he's pretty greedy and cutthroat when it comes to money. Also hates being looked at as the standard stereotype for male members of his profession...
Background: By day, he's an alternative fashion designer. Primarily he does cosplay clothes for anime or other fantasy things, but he makes more (relatively) normal stuff as well (most of it is the Hot Topic variety of stuff, but he makes other stuff usually seen on your average Japanese teenager). Some of his clothes are his own make, though he prefers to wear other people's designs that he likes, to show support for other designers in his field. By night, he's an avid gamer of a number of games, though he prefers MMOs. He usually plays a lot of the free Korean ones, but this particular one he liked the in-depth character creation system, so he decided to actually pay for a subscription.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Mon May 10, 2010 2:34 pm

...how about shape shifters? They could have a half shifted form, but NPCs will be prejudges against shape shifters
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sat May 15, 2010 9:09 am

I like this idea. What to call them... "Changelings?" "Shifters?"

Idunno. So what, basically they can take other humanoid forms? Also, what of their 'default' form? Is it one of the base races, or something else?

>_> <_<
*/questionbombardment*
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Sat May 15, 2010 4:01 pm

they have a humen form and an animal form and they can combine the two to make a hybrid, and I don't know what they would be called
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat May 15, 2010 7:45 pm

"Shifters" would be a good name for them. Or how about "Weres"?
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Sat May 15, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm thinking, there are lots of different names for them, everyone has heard storys about them but most people dont think they are real.
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sun May 16, 2010 8:36 am

Sounds good. Go go magical asian catboy!

Red: "That statement sounded wrong in so many ways..."

Shut up.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Sun May 16, 2010 8:56 am

Val: Sounds like a good battle cry to me.

also I am still wanting in on this, just had lots of RL junk hitting the fan at the same time as of late setting the bio back.
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun May 16, 2010 10:33 am

Aaaaaaand finished bio!

Player:
Name: Soredo Satou
Appearance: A bit your Token Hip Asian Guy. His hair is straight and brown with occasional red streaks, and he usually wears a red bandana over his head, along with a soul patch dyed red on his chin. Looks kinda bishie, wears trendy or otherwise stylish clothes, usually including a red overshirt or jacket, jeans, and fancy sneakers. The dude looks good, and makes sure that's always the case..
Personality: Arrogant, kinda standoffish, and his character largely acts the same way. Has a good heart, but tends to be pretty snarky. Still, has quite a big ego and poking it too many times is a bad idea. His character is predominantly himself with a lot more power, but in character he's pretty greedy and cutthroat when it comes to money. Also hates being looked at as the standard stereotype for male members of his profession...
Background: By day, he's an alternative fashion designer. Primarily he does cosplay clothes for anime or other fantasy things, but he makes more (relatively) normal stuff as well (most of it is the Hot Topic variety of stuff, but he makes other stuff usually seen on your average Japanese teenager). Some of his clothes are his own make, though he prefers to wear other people's designs that he likes, to show support for other designers in his field. By night, he's an avid gamer of a number of games, though he prefers MMOs. He usually plays a lot of the free Korean ones, but this particular one he liked the in-depth character creation system, so he decided to actually pay for a subscription.
Through the game and his character's habit of teaching newbies, he met a new player who decided to start following him a bit in game even after getting good at the game. After talking with the player, Val, it turned out they actually live only across town from each other, and have since become friends outside of the game too. Despite the fact that they're opposite genders, there's no romantic anything between them, they're just good friends.

Character:
Name: Red Whirlwind
Race: "Shapeshifter"
Class: Warlock
Appearance: Full embracing his inhuman nature regardless of the social stigma for it, Red spends his time in the hybrid form, his "animal half" being a lion. He wears a red bandana with some gold-colored runic designs on it, and has brown hair that falls just past his shoulders like a lion's mane. He has thin fur all over that's a tawny color, and his tail is lionlike as well. He wears a Blood Rune Coat, a particular red trenchcoat-like Robe used by members of his class (it reduces the amount of HP spent on Blood Spells, and gives some resistance against elemental spells), and black leather pants that look worn out and slightly bloodstained at the bottom. He doesn't wear shoes, again to keep his catlike feet out in the open.
Personality: Like his player, Red is arrogant and outspoken, and while he isn't really a bad guy at heart, he largely doesn't care what people think of him. He's a Shapeshifter Warlock and doesn't care to hide it, and if asked, will openly claim it's against his honor to hide who he is for any reason, and that such cowardice isn't manly. He often talks about things in respect of how manly they are, and boasts of his power a lot. All this aside, he has a penchant for taking newbies under his wing and showing them how stuff works.
Primary Abilities:
- Can cast various blasty spells of Lightning, Fire, Ice, and Darkness elements. In addition, they get spells of the same elements that deal damage over time.
- Can cast special Blood Spells, which consume HP instead of MP but generally are more powerful in some manner, as well as being very red in color and generally looking 'evil'. For example, a fire spell that deals damage to an area the caster chooses would instead deal damage to that area but keep burning for a while rather than just exploding. Or a lightning bolt Blood spell would chain to nearby opponents as opposed to just shocking a single enemy.
- Can create Blood Runes, the only 'support' abilities Warlocks get, which take a little while to make but have a few decent effects. Among them, he can use them to temporarily fly or turn invisible, gain minor regeneration, or make portals he can use to teleport short distances. In addition, he can use the rune 'portals' to allow him and his party to return to a town he's previously visited - this particular one, however, cannot be used in combat and takes a while to create.
Secondary Abilities:
- The Warlock class uses Swords and Scythes for weaponry. Red has one of each, both of them particular weapons used by Warlocks spec'd for melee combat and Blood Spells, a rare combo. Despite being a class that essentially focuses on dealing lots of damage without any defensive skills, Red tends to end up in melee combat, relying on speed and sheer power to take enemies out before they can take HIM out.
- From his equipment, Red has a decent resistance to elemental attacks and magics, however practically no defense against physical attacks. Add this to the fact that he usually uses all his spells as Blood Spells, he's pretty much a glass cannon in a fight. He can't take many hits, but he can dish out a lot of punishment in a hurry.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Sun May 16, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm still gonna throw a bio in, just gotta give RL some time to settle down after my sister's wedding.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 16, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm interested, but I have no real experience playing any of those races. Which best fits the idea of a jovial free spirit bursting with youthful optimism? Is it - is it dwarf?
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm

SleepyOrigami wrote:I'm interested, but I have no real experience playing any of those races. Which best fits the idea of a jovial free spirit bursting with youthful optimism? Is it - is it dwarf?

Gnome. Very very gnome. D:
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Sun May 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Dwarf is good for that sort of role, you could also have a halfling
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Sun May 23, 2010 12:10 am

I NEED BIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to get this started
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun May 23, 2010 1:21 am

Well, you have mine, as posted. I'm ready to start when you are.

Slight amendment: She also wears brown leather boots. And the enchantment on the Wands prevents them from being used against her, if they are taken from her by someone else.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Sun May 23, 2010 8:58 am

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but did I miss a post detailing the available races?
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 23, 2010 9:31 am

Cheez wrote:Forgive me if I'm being dense, but did I miss a post detailing the available races?

Allow me to help. The "classic" D&D Races:

and a new shapeshifting race as described below:
...how about shape shifters? They could have a half shifted form, but NPCs will be prejudges against shape shifters

they have a humen form and an animal form and they can combine the two to make a hybrid, and I don't know what they would be called

I'm thinking, there are lots of different names for them, everyone has heard storys about them but most people dont think they are real.

I'm working on a bio for a dwarf and I think there are two shapeshifters. That's about it for now so I hope that helps.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cheez on Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 am

Ta.

Shame, I rather fancied playing some kind of goblinoid character. Oh well.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun May 23, 2010 12:48 pm

How's this? Note: I didn't list any abilities cause I have no idea what kind would be appropriate. I'm open to suggestions.

Character: Prince Phidosyrn of Twmkoplaj
Race: Dwarf
Class: Paladin

Appearance:
The prince is very tall for a dwarf standing 4’-9”. His build is that of a muscular bodybuilder. His overly thick and serious eyebrows combine with his beady eyes to give him the appearance of a great bandit or shifty character. He has a tan complexion and a dark black beard. He has a full beard except for a semicircular bald patch that extends from his lower lip to the tip of his chin. His medium length black hair stick off to each side of his head forming a upward curved point on each end.

His clothes are made of a bright white cloth with a dark sapphire blue trim. He has a metal breast plate that covers his upper chest. This plate is attached to a similar plate on his back by thick leather shoulder straps. The shoulder straps are concealed underneath protruding metal shoulder guards which stick out from his body forming a rounded triangular spike parallel to the ground. His hands and feet are covered in matching earth-toned red mid-length gloves and boots which he tucks his white sleeves and pant legs into respectively. He has a Sapphire blue cape that drapes around his neck. He wears a gold ring headband or diadem which has a large raw sapphire set in the front of it as a sign of his noble heritage.

He carries a broad metal shield which bears the royal crest of his family line. He also has a dagger with a jeweled hilt. The blade itself is inscribed with holy runes.

History:
The relatively small pacifist mountainside city-nation of Twmkoplaj is revered as a paradise for scholars and practitioners of white magics. The crowning achievement of this society is its grand library which houses some of the most ancient texts still in existence. Twmkoplaj enjoys great periods of peace due to its natural defenses and saturation with cleansing white magical aura which deters most evildoers from even approaching. The kingdom has no standing army and is therefore not seen as a threat by its neighbors.

Prince Phidosyrn is not in direct line for the throne, but he is generally well liked and is frequently sent on missions of goodwill to foreign lands. On one such mission of mercy, his daughter was kidnapped by a band of ransomers. He tracked them down, but when he came upon their camp he found it destroyed and his daughter gone. He is now on a quest to reunite with his sweet daughter Piromna the hefty.

Personality:
Phidosyrn is a passionate believer in the power of good and the importance of justice. While a self-declared pacifist, the prince has no difficulty using force when confronted with injustice. He has a flair for dramatic speech, likes to pose heroically in high places, and is easily mislead by appearances to the point of naivety.

Player: Bill Cranston
Appearance: Somewhat overweight middle-heighted guy who wears glasses and keeps a neat appearance with short blond hair.
Personality: Bill is rather nerdy. He watches tons of cartoons and anime with a preference for shows about warriors of justice. He has an extensive collection of toy models and action figures. He is rather idealistic and tends to view things in absolute terms.
Background: Bill is a teacher of English at a private high school. He likes to teach classics like Beowulf and The Odyssey whenever possible.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Sun May 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Which editions of the DnD PHB? what is your definition of 'standard'? And maybe there could be options for more advanced stuff in certain situations, like the Death Knight in WoW.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Sun May 23, 2010 7:47 pm

@Sleepy that looks all right

@Kool your character has to be able to pass as a good person to humans and elves, so no goblins. If there is something that you want to try that you think will be able to pass as good then we can talk about it.
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mandros on Mon May 24, 2010 4:41 pm

here's my guy hope hes OK.

Name: Shawn
Appearance: He is a human with short messy black hair. Stands about 6 feet tall. He wears a brown tunic and matching pants. He always has his bow on him quiver strapped to his right side of his belt and dagger on the left side.
Personality: he is rather quiet, preferring to stand back and observe. He would rather wait and let a situation develop then jump in to the fray of unknown combat.

His weapon of choice is his bow, he is surprisingly accurate. When in close combat he will switch to his dagger.

Player:
Name: James brown
Appearance: He looks a lot like his in game character.
Personality: He is a smart kid but quite the loner.
Background: His parents where rich and they usually spoiled him with toys and games. However due to their wealth they where over protective and refused to let him have any friends leading to his loner ways.
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malanthyus on Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Was this still open to new players? ^_^
I cannot be unmade. And neither can you!
Malanthyus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Malanthyus wrote:Was this still open to new players? ^_^

It is! The RP hasn't started yet for lack of players, see:

Post a "player" and a "character" bio here for Kay's review if you want to join in. I have a feeling the fun is just about ready to start! :D
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem