YGATO: RP Discussion

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: RP Interest Check?

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm

I meant as part of my backstory
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:20 pm

You want your chars mom to be a hippy? Umm okay. Go for it?
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Bump for bios!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I'd like to put up a bio, but I don't know much about Percy Jackson. Is intimate knowledge of the works of Percy Jackson required? If it is important to have at least a basic understanding of the setting, might you provide a sort of highlights reel version of the universally required knowledge / facts?
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't feel that much is required. Because these kids don't know their history or all these facts going in. The only things I see as really important to know is that a) your char is designed for battle and reading greek so they have dyslexia and ADHD. b) the Gods at this time rarely claim their kids so their is no raising by both parents. c)you won't notice anything much different until you find out who you are because you are afforded some protection with your ignorance. d) umm a satyr will come get you when you're about 12 or 13 (or maybe older) because that's the age it becomes noticeable that your char is a demigod and the monsters start coming. The stronger the char the more monsters will come. So yeah...we'll get into the rest and explaining it as we go because your chars will learn it as you do. Mortals don't see what's going on because of a thing called Mist. Some minor gods are gone because they faded from importance: Pan (though the satyrs search for him), Helios, etc.

That should be good enough for a bio. Any other Percy Jackson readers think different?
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm

By that you could argue that the Muses have faded, but I'd argue in favor of this idea, however it may or may not mesh with the story.

I'll get a bio up before too long.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:11 pm

I think we'll just let the muses be and not worry about them too much.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Everyone else had an entry. I just think it unfair that they didn't even get a mention under Apollo!

Anyways, back on topic. Yeah, bio to come soon. I think I'll go with an artsy person, whatever Art it may be. Maybe a kid who invents his own world, language and all, only to find out it's the world of Greek mythologyreality?

I kid. :P But you get my idea.

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 pm

TingYi wrote:d) umm a satyr will come get you when you're about 12 or 13 (or maybe older) because that's the age it becomes noticeable that your char is a demigod and the monsters start coming. The stronger the char the more monsters will come.

Ash: >_> Wow. That's a lot of monsters that got lost in the past half a decade.

Or perhaps some that got drunk in the bar downstairs and forgot what they were doing.

Ash: I'd believe that too. XD
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:53 pm

TingYi wrote:Bump for bios!

sorry :( I've been busy I still want in
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm still interested, I've just hit a bit of a rough patch bio-wise. Also my computer's out of commission right now, so that delays things too.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Well I have some fun ideas for quests and such but it doesn't really work without players...so take your time. We'll start when we have enough bios.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Is this bio okay?

Name: Tristan D. Gandalfr
Hairstyle: Short brushed back black hair.
Eyes: Murky Red-brown
Build: Athletic
Height: 5’8” (173 cm)
Freckles: No
Personality: Hot-headed, prideful

Parent: Ares

Future Full Ability: If it is an object made with the intention of being used as a weapon, Tristan gains full understanding of its use and characteristics upon contact. Example, put him in the cockpit of a fighter jet and he’ll fly circles around the enemy be able to operate the weapons system. He also becomes significantly stronger, faster and tougher while using a weapon.

Current Ability: Currently his power is developed to where he has some physical augmentation while using a weapon to the point where he’d be considered a good deal stronger than is typical. He also has a natural affinity for spears.

History: Tristan was born in the city of Brussels in Belgium. His mother is of French and German heritage. She conceived her only child, Tristan, while she was on a tour of duty with Belgian military’s Air Component. As part of a military family, Tristan never lived in one place for very long. By the age of seven it was clear that Tristan had quite the temper. He was starting unprovoked fights and other children were afraid of him so he wasn’t really making a lot of friends. It was at this time that he was sent to live with his aunt and uncle-in-law the Banks. He faired better in a stable environment and eventually made a few friends, but he continued his thuggish ways. Due to his life abroad, he can speak French quite well.

Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 am

Name: Joshua Andrew Ellis
Species: Demigod
Height: 5'
Build: Skinny
Hair: Prematurely grey, messy, and overlong
Eyes: Green
Skin tone: Quite pale by default, but tans funny (see below)
Intelligence: Smart but struggles with school
Sexual orientation: Starting to like girls and very embarrassed about this

Appearance: Joshua's favourite outfit is a pair of ratty black cutoff shorts and a black T-shirt with a skull on it, sometimes worn over a long-sleeved black-and-white striped shirt when the weather allows because he thinks Beetlejuice is the coolest thing ever. He's a skinny kid with bony knees, who's on the tall side and perpetually in need of a haircut. Josh hates shoes, but will wear some of those sporty sandals with the adjustable Velcro straps if pressed. He tends to stand out in a crowd, given his pallor and unusual hair colour.

Personality:
* Enjoys scaring people and wandering around on his own (or with some ghosts) at night. He's playful and full of energy, but weird. He also likes all kinds of things that normal people (even other twelve-year-old boys) find scary or gross, but it's not really clear whether he gets this from his mother or his father, since his dad has similarly odd tastes.
* He's precocious, clever, and a quick learner, but because kids in particular tend to equate smarts with academic success, he doesn't think of himself as "smart". His parents and teachers frequently tell him that he isn't living up to his potential, as he comes across as lazy and apathetic in the classroom.

Background:
Joshua was born as the result of his eccentric dad cheating on his absentee wife with the goddess Melinoe. They got a divorce not long after Josh was born, because by then the cheating was pretty obvious. Mr. Ellis remarried three years ago, to a single mother named Denise; Joshua gets along well with his younger stepsister Ashley, possibly because she's kind of a weird kid herself.

Joshua doesn't like school (or do very well in it) because reading is hard and you have to do it a lot, and the stuff they learn is boring anyways and he can never keep his mind on it. His dad and stepmom are in the early stages of getting an official diagnosis; they were always pretty sure he was smarter than his report cards seem to be saying, but it only occurred to them fairly recently that he might have a learning disability.

Josh doesn't know who his deific parent is; depending on whether the RP starts with him already at camp or being collected to go there, he may not even know he's a demigod when it starts.

Family:
* Father: Ian Ellis (38)
* Mother: The minor goddess Melinoe (several thousand years old)
* Half-sister: Stephanie Ellis (15)
* Stepmother: Denise Peterson (34)
* Stepsister: Ashley Peterson (10)

Abilities:
* Joshua can travel through shadows, although at the moment he doesn't know he can do this.
* Joshua's presence spooks animals and interferes with electronics.
* He can see and communicate with ghosts; they like him.

Random Facts:
* When he gets some sun, Joshua tends to tan much darker on the right side of his body than the left; the left side doesn't darken much at all. It looks kind of weird. At first his family thought this was due to using expired sunscreen, but the fact that it's the same large area every time makes this fairly unlikely.
* Going grey way earlier than normal runs in Joshua's family, although 12 is pretty early even for the Ellises.
* Joshua's birthday is October 8.
Last edited by Cameo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I continue to be female!
How devious.
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 am

Alright, just to maintain the setting can I make a few suggestions?

For Tristan: Being able to fly the plane is getting into Zeus territory. Perhaps just the weapon systems and not flying? Same with similar situations? What say you?

For Joshua: Invisibility generally requires a special object. What they do have that might fit is called shadow walking. It's tiring to do (as in even a son of hades passed out the first time he tried it to go somewhere else) but it allows creatures or people to travel through shadows and disappear into them. Its a bit more fitting and a bit weaker for a more minor goddess which is what you chose. What say you?
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Shadow walking works; I just thought invisibility would be more fitting, since one of the few things Wikipedia was able to tell me about Melinoe was that she and her train of ghosts wandered the earth invisibly. Possibly mortals just can't see them at all normally? (This is just me tangenting; I'll take the invisibility out regardless.)
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Well...for our case we'll say mortals can't see them. Because of the Mist. That's why they don't notice most things, like the monsters. Eyup, that's what I'm going with.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Yes of course. Really I just assumed that this would never be an issue because why would there ever be fighter planes in an RP that takes place at a camp, but it's not a very important point for my character so your compromise is actually still a lot more than I would have settled for. Same for similar situations, he'll have skill related only to things which are expressly weapons so no flying, driving, or other loosely related things.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Cool. We just like doubled our bios count.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Re: You guys & the Olympians: RP Discussion (name pending)

Postby Drayco on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Tripled. XD
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Hey, we had two before. Malachy19 had one and you had one. But yes...we are going slow.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 pm

He did?

*looks*

Oh, wow. Sneaky sneaky Mal.
Or forgetful forgetful moogle. ¿.-.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Bio placeholder goes here!

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:31 pm

*Shakes fist of fury at placeholders*
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I would have mine done but I'm going through a crazy school time (I hate exit exams)
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem