[Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [Disc] Mayhem SIAFR: The Second Chance

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:28 pm

I've made edits to the bio as needed...figure I'd do a 'before and after' bit to show the difference of Thom later once it's all set in.

anyways, I'm okay with it starting on Wednesday, but I would like one question answered if it hasn't been already...is this transition to the character or avatar form gradual or can it be sudden and spontaneous?
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Woden's day startup is good here.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Malachy and his 6 little friends are all ready to go.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm

CK: :D

Cheez: You perv. :roll:

CK: hey, I'm you.

Cheez: Oh yeah, good point.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm ready anytime. I was kinda getting impatient on when this would start, to tell the truth.
Current avatar: Shizuo from Durarara, ready to kick Izaya's head in.
Current theme song: "21st Century Schizoid Man" By King Crimson

Hello, and welcome to the mental heath hotline...
Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby anti-paragon on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 pm

I've changed my mind. It's against my religion to start this RP on Wednesday.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Here's what I have so far. Background to be filled in as I get around to it.

Name: Kum-El Staranos ben Ali ben Hassan
Birthdate: Spring, 4ABY
Birthplace: A small island on the planet Adonar, the Arkanis sector, a galaxy far, far away. Technically.
Height: 5'9"
Build: Lean but muscular
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Parents: Jor-El and Lara (biological), Ali ben Hassan and [insert name that KE's forgotten here] (adoptive)

Appearance:
See here, here, and here.

Personality:
*Staranos's personality is similar to that of the better known Kum-El, with a few slight exceptions. The biggest of these is that, while he doesn't like to have to resort to it, he's much more at ease with the use of lethal force than his counterpart.

Powers:
*Standard Kryptonian abilities
*Occasionally possessed by the spirit of Matekah Eranhu, an ancient Adonarite hero and demi-god.

Background:
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:37 pm

lright, Yun, you're characters are good to go. Approved!

Kum-el you're also Approved!

Atashi, the edits are good. Now about your question about the transformations. The major physical transformations will happen rather suddenly during the night before the RP while you are asleep. Even if you are the type of person who normally stays up late, you will get very tired and go to sleep. You can continue to change in minor ways over the course of the first day, but in general you this part happens rapidly. Most will be fully transformed in this manner before they even wake up unless they want to take some time with it. It's a personal call.

Mental changes, loss of old memories and the gaining of new ones, mastery of skills and powers, development of personality quarks, etc. these things will happen more gradually. 'You' might not even notice these changes yourself early on even if they are really obvious to others. They can happen in bursts too tough. Perhaps you've just gone feline and someone rolls a ball of yarn at you and suddenly find you can't resist. Another example would be your character finds himself or herself under attack and rapidly learns how to use an ability they had trouble with earlier. Things like that. Again like most things in the RP it's a judgment call on the players part.

Okay, Book, characters can travel where ever and however they want. There will be transportation provided for those who need it, and a place where we can gather should you want to do so. Perhaps in space, perhaps in Canada we'll see (*cough open to suggestions cough*). There will be free plane tickets along with the mail just like last time if you want those. You are all encouraged to check your mail. :wink: I would like for a volunteer or two to help with picking up people who want a ride.

AP, if Wednesday is no good for you I'm willing to push it back a little if you want, but I'm really raring to go on this one. Do you need some time?

The start might be a little familiar to those who played or read the last RP, but I assure you there are things you think you know which are completely different. Expect new surprises and all that jazz.

Also, I'll be putting up some more information about the RP later tonight in the morning because I'm still expecting a Wednesday start.
Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm still approving of a wednesday start, even though I know I won't be around for it. First reason is that I have classes and the second is that I know I'll be too tired or focused on other stuff to post...third reason is that if I do even post, it'll be so late at night that I can just insert and wait for the next day without worrying about having to spend all day at the computer.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:16 pm

>.> Sorry, that wasn't supposed to come across as serious. I assure you my made-up religion has nothing against Wednesday.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:03 am

Hmm, well, getting tickets in the mail, after being turned into the anti chirst would be suspisous, so expect me to do something like ask where the tickets are from, or buy my own, to see what happennes.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:33 am

Okay. Here's my character bios for you all to get familiar with. Give me a few minutes to see if I can get the RP written up before I go to work in 30 minutes otherwise it'll be up tonight in about 12 hours. Thread is up, just start out with introductions and maybe posting to 'mayhem' if you want. I'll be back later tonight to run this thing.

SleepyOrigami wrote:Character Name: Sleepy
Preferred Gender: Male

Description: Sleepy is a 5’4” anthropomorphic owl made out of weather resistant paper. He has both wings and arms. For an example of what that looks like check out this owl I found on DA. His paper feathers will and general owl features are colored like a White-faced Scops Owl.

Special Abilities: He can fly and see in the dark. He has insomnia. He can fold origami models of high complexity which take on some of the properties of the objects they represent. He can perform paper summons which require an equivalent surface area of paper to create the form of the summoned object or creature. His magics are of the sympathetic variety and in the same class as things like voodoo dolls. He has a tea kettle that brews an almost infinite supply of hot tea.

Personality: Sleepy is the cautious observer type. More likely to sit back and sip his tea than help out in a battle. Still, he is rather knowledgeable about sciencey things and can be useful in that capacity. He has a strong sense of humor and enjoys a good laugh. Since he is often tired he sometimes gets confused about whether what just happened was a dream or not. This causes scheduling errors and procrastination. When he finds something interesting, he gets very excited and will attempt to explore the subject matter in as great an amount of detail as possible.

SleepyOrigami wrote:Character Name: Origami
Preferred Gender: Female

Description: Origami is a garden variety catgirl in the style of Elulu from the Anime Utawaerumono. Basically she's mostly human but with the cat ears and tail. Her outfit is also similar to the ones pictured. A robe like thing with a blue sash for a belt. Where there is fur it is a light brown. She has blue eyes, and stands just as tall as Sleepy 5'4".

Special Abilities: The standard catgirl set of powers. Balance, speed, and the like. These won't be as pronounced as someone who is even more feline like a catkin. She's a good fighter in hand to hand combat and can wield a sword decently. She also has a pet cabbit. Which is a cross between a cat and a rabbit. It look just like the linked picture. A cat body and face with large floppy ears, rabbit hind legs and a pompom tail. This creature also transform into a large spaceship. Yes, I was a bit of a Tenchi Muyo fan back in the day. <.<

Personality: Where Sleepy likes to sit back, she wants to jump in guns a blazing. When he's tired she brims with energy. When he would be shy she is rather outgoing. How these two are related is beyond me. Her curiosity always seems to get the better of her. Just don't go touching her tail as she'll slap you for getting fresh. Unlike a normal muse, her brain is almost an exact copy of Sleepy's. She's more like his twin
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 am

anti-paragon wrote:>.> Sorry, that wasn't supposed to come across as serious. I assure you my made-up religion has nothing against Wednesday.

My made-up religion declares war on yours! NYAR!
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PixelHead777 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Uh, profile is easy, purple anthrofeline, blue bikini, blue eyes, goddess of transformation.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Uh, Pixel? You're gonna have to tell us what being the goddess of transformation allows her to do.

Also: I changed my character's hair color because I dyed my hair a few days ago IRL. So... it's also dyed here.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Cameo wrote:Uh, Pixel? You're gonna have to tell us what being the goddess of transformation allows her to do.

DUDE YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. TRUST ME.

Edit: Joy + Angel = Winged Anthrokittens. That actually happened.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey everyone, I just got back from work. I'm surprised there are already three pages. Well, I'll spend the next hour or so catching up on my reading and applying plot as I see it necessary. I hope everything's been going smoothly so far. I'll check back here when I'm done reading. If you have any pressing concerns either post them here or send me a PM.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:17 pm

@Cameo: This is what Pixel said about Joy's abilities:

It gives her the ability to be omnipresent, use most god-like powers, and specializes in transforming people. However, since she usually doesn't transform people without permission unless she thinks the asshole deserves it, this won't be a problem in any aspect except that if she transforms someone, NOBODY can undo it. Except herself.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cheez on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Well, that sounds a tad overpowered, even a little godmodey in places.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:33 pm

I have to agree with Cheez. While I know she wouldn't do it, she could potentially turn the entire human population, being able to know where everyone is and what they are doing, into stone and everyone would instantly be assumed dead due to no chance of reversal. That's a massive level of power.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:34 pm

anti-paragon wrote:I have to agree with Cheez. While I know she wouldn't do it, she could potentially turn the entire human population, being able to know where everyone is and what they are doing, into stone and everyone would instantly be assumed dead due to no chance of reversal. That's a massive level of power.

Well, knowing Pixel, not necessarily stone.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Nothing against him, but I think it's safer for my brain if I stay to wholesome examples and not personal preferences. =P
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Sorry Pixel, but the permanent transformations thing is a bit too much. How bout no one can transform Joy unless she allows it and we leave the permanence thing at that?

Everyone, you'll all be receiving a knock at your door and a have a mysterious package left there with essentially the same stuff as what was in the box Sleepy got. You don't have to answer the door or even mess with it or notice it right now. Just know that it is there and that the tickets are for a plane that leaves early the next day (roughly 24 hours from now RP time not RL time) and that it's okay to consider going there as there's some big comic convention going on at that time there so no one would think twice about you being there.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm sorry for the wall 'o text...but...well, it was bound to happen, really.^^;

If you guys want a synopsis...I can't really offer one, since I suck at shortening my posts down. Although I will say it's almost a similar thing to all of what's happened so far. Oh, and I figure I should note that the vision thing hadn't been noted in the bio...I forgot about it, but it's just a minor detail that doesn't really do any good for Thom.^^;
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby BinaryWraith on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Decided to go with an even older version of Wraith for this one, from before I joined keenspot. Yeah, that's a while back. :-|

Name : Wraith

Personality : Much like the guy behind the keyboard, Wraith is a somewhat serious individual with a morbid and punny sense of humor. Having been long exposed to things that play merry hell with the laws of physics has made him much more accepting of the odd things, and much more willing to suspend disbelief and roll with it when things go odd. Seemingly unable to resist snarking in the style of MST3K whenever a possibility presents itself. A born insomniac, heavily prone to nightmares, but hey, no one comes back from the dead lightly.

Appearance : Tall (6'5") and solidly built. Black hair, prematurely frosted here and there with silver, worn pulled into a waist-length braid roughly as thick as a man's wrist. Almost always dressed in shades of grey and black. Rather pale, with nigh-permanent dark circles beneath his eyes. He is covered, from neck to ankles, and down to the wrists with runic tattoos, which to a knowledgeable reader will be readable as spiritual binding rituals.

Abilities :
Incorporeality : Wraith is, in his base state, an incorporeal ghost. To those capable of sensing life force, he is in fact dead. He only remains solid and tangible so long as he concentrates, an act of will which has become automatic. He is still visible when intangible, albeit as a washed out and transparent version of himself. When intangible, he moves by the power of his own will. Clothing and personal possessions also become intangible, albeit nothing larger than he could carry. In solid form he can pass for a living being, as the form is entirely created by his own self-image, although any creature with the ability to sense life force will, again, notice that he is not powered by living energy, but is a bound soul. As a ghost, Wraith is capable of sensing life energy, and his touch can, if he is not careful, drain the energy of others.

Wraith is a competent spellcaster mostly using storm and lightning magics. Capable of long-range teleportation magic, however this involves travel via planes that range from discomforting to outright hostile to living matter, so is mostly only useful for self-transport. He is also bound to a sword enchanted with lightning magics, known as a stormblade. It is usually not physically manifest, but instead stored in an extradimensional pocked and summoned at need.

Fun Facts :
Wraith's presence causes disruptions of the sort that unnerve non-awakened mortals. Streetlights turn off as he passes, cold breezes blow in closed rooms, electronics act as if a moderate electromagnetic field is interfering with them, and those with a touch of what might be called 'esp' are unnerved by him. This is a side effect of his status as a ghost, and one he has no real control over.

When casting truly powerful spells, the area in his immediate surroundings will likely suffer considerable damage from a raging electrical aura.
You never saw me. I was never here.
BinaryWraith
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem