The Online Comic Store!

Monsters and nekkid ladies!

Moderator: Adam Black

The Online Comic Store!

Postby Adam Black on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Think of this thread as your very own online comic book shop. Granted, most of what you'll find at this shop will be Locus comics, as well as other things related to Locus comics, but I'll also put up some links to other comics that I enjoy which you may enjoy as well.

As such, the comic shop will be split into two areas: My Stuff and Other Stuff.

Note that individual issues of the Locus comic won't go on sale until after page 24 of that issue has gone online, so the release schedule will be every other month. Approximately. It takes awhile for the comic to be approved and listed on Indyplanet, but I'll get it as close to "every two months" as I possibly can. There will be other products here, too. I'll update this thread every time I have something new for sale, and I have plenty of things in the works, with more still in the planning stages. So check back often!

Now that the introductions are out of the way, come on in! Here's what we have for sale today:

My Stuff

Locus Comics: (click on the cover to order)

Note that each issue of Locus will have all 24 pages you've read online, as well as four pages of bonus material--usually concept art and/or sketches from waaaay back. They're a fun look into the progression the characters have taken over the past ten to fifteen years.

ImageImageImage

Other Stuff

Spook's Fission Chicken T-Shirt!

That's right, kids! Now you too can own the same shirt Spook wore to Isaac's funeral! :lol:

Image <--click the shirt to get your own!

The Path

The Path is an ongoing comic series by my friend James "Mr Riot" Godfrey. It combines Arthurian legend with Cthulhu, and has a fantastic art style to boot. I love the hell out of it. You can buy Issue one by clicking the cover above. Issues two and three are also up for sale over there. Type "the path" into the search doohickey on the left-hand side of the page and check it out!

Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies!

B. Alex Thompson approached me awhile back, about a thing I can't talk about yet but couldn't say no to. This thing won't be available till sometime in the summer of 2010, so in the meantime, check out the cool shit Approbation Comics has available at Indyplanet by clicking here. You'll be glad you did.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: The Online Comic Store!

Postby Adam Black on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Quick note: I've unlocked this topic now. I had to lock it down before because I didn't have the forum moderator radio buttons required to make it a sticky or an announcement, and that was the only thing I could figure out to do instead.

Kisai has graciously fixed my problem, so this thread is officially an unlocked announcement. I will post a reply every time I update the original post above with more stuff for sale.

Feel free to subscribe to this thread so you don't miss an update.

As for replying to this particular thread, do me a favor and keep the replies related to the online store itself: questions, comments, bitchin' & moanin'...whatever. I mean, I don't mind things getting off-topic elsewhere on the Locus forums, but I'd like to keep this one as neat and clean as possible.

Blah blah blah. That's about it, really. If you picked up a copy of any comics listed above, feel free to post your thoughts below. Thanks!
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 am

Is it possible to order them, via a UK comix shop.
Just they get Shonen Jumps from America.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Adam Black on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:17 pm

That's good news. I'm hoping that Comics Monkey ships overseas once it goes live.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam Black on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:01 am

Update: Issue Two is now in print!

I think you guys will like this one. It includes four pages of Spook artwork, including the oldest surviving picture of Spook, which I drew waaaay back in summer of 1991. I've also included a full comic page from the first time I did this comic in the mid-90s, which shows Spook's very first (visible) appearance. The issue this page is taken from never saw print, so this will be the first time anyone's seen it.

I've also included the infamous "Disney Spook" sketch. May God have mercy upon my soul. :lol:

Click on the cover to issue two in the original post way up there at the top, and see for yourself!
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby track13d on Tue May 12, 2009 8:50 am

Adam any idea when issue 3 will be available for purchase? Loving what your doing!!
track13d
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Tue May 12, 2009 12:25 pm

I still haven't submitted it for printing, I'm afraid. I have to redo the background of one panel, and I haven't had much time--I'm having more tooth problems, and the pain's really knocking me on my ass lately.

I'm hoping to get that done by the end of this week. I'm really sorry for the wait, man. It should've been ready by now. :(

In good news: the Locus Wings t-shirt should be available soon! They're pretty slow over at Ka-Blam, but they've been worth the wait so far.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam Black on Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Quick update:

I was reading through #3 again, and while that panel I was going to redo isn't 100% right, it really isn't that noticeable--not enough to delay sending the whole thing to the printers. So I submitted it to Ka-Blam today. Should be ready in a month or less. Sorry for the wait again, guys. :oops:

Here's some good news, though: my test t-shirt has been printed and is in the mail as we speak! I should have it soon. Once I get it, I'll take some pictures of my cute little redheaded wife wearing it and put it up for sale (if it looks good, of course).

Finally: I'll be collecting the first three issues of Locus into one big graphic novel/trade paperback thing. It's going to have 12 extra pages in it! These 12 pages will be from the first Locus comic, which I did in black & white and published on an old Bravepages site waaay back in 2001.

It will also have all the bonus art which appeared in the individual issues, bringing the total bonus pages to 24!

I will also have another wonderful surprise for you when that collected trade sees print. I'm not going to tell you what it is just yet, though. It's a surprise. And I'm sure you're gonna LOVE IT. :D
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby track13d on Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Any updates on issue #3, or the wing t-shirt, and how is the Spook shirt coming?
track13d
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 am

Issue 3 is still being downloaded/prepared on the Indyplanet side. The shirt's done and looks great, but I haven't put it up for sale just yet--that's one of the things I need to do this week.

Still tweaking the Spook shirt--it's not quite what I want it to be just yet.

Sorry for the wait! I wish there were three of me.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cederfern on Wed May 27, 2009 11:57 am

haha i am thinking "need a hand?" and then i am followed up with "wtf can i do to help?!" so... maybe i should just ask?
Cederfern
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Wed May 27, 2009 12:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What I need is:

1. A secretary,
2. Two or three other people who draw exactly like I do.

I'll have the first one in about a year or so. As for the second...I don't know what to do about that. :lol:
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cederfern on Wed May 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Adam Black wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

What I need is:

1. A secretary,
2. Two or three other people who draw exactly like I do.

I'll have the first one in about a year or so. As for the second...I don't know what to do about that. :lol:

Rofl, well i cant answer phones, too deaf to do that. yet not deaf enough to get Social Security! GO FIGURE!
Cederfern
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Fri May 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Update!

Issue Three is now available! Check it out here.

Will be putting the Locus Wings t-shirt up for sale next. The test shirt got here the other day, and it looks great.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Primitive Screwhead on Sat May 30, 2009 7:15 am

Just ordered my 2 copies, :D
Primitive Screwhead
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Sat May 30, 2009 10:48 am

You are the man. Thanks! :D
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby track13d on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:28 am

I just got mine ordered also, can't wait to get it, and my wife can't wait to get a Locus shirt! Keep up the great work!
track13d
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:26 am

Thanks, bro! You guys are the greatest, I swear.

The shirt's been submitted. Once the approval process is done, I'll update this thread with a link.

Now I should probably get my ass to work on that Spook shirt. :lol:
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam Black on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:53 pm

I have no idea what's taking them so long on the Locus wings shirt. Sheesh.

I haven't even received my studio copy of Issue Three yet! I should go bug them at some point.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam Black on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:01 am

Updated the "Other Stuff" section to include some kickass titles from Approbation Comics. Check 'em out!
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby track13d on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:58 am

Adam, any word on the Locus shirt, or on issue 4.
track13d
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:16 am

Issue four has been submitted, but they haven't put it together yet.

The t-shirt, unfortunately, isn't being made at present. They got slammed with last-minute orders before the San Diego Comic Con, and their t-shirt making machine apparently broke down completely. :(

I've been shopping around for another POD place that will print front and back, but haven't found anywhere I'm happy with yet.

I'm also putting together the first Trade Paperback, which collects issues 1 through 3 and also has sixteen pages from the first Locus webcomic I did back in 2001, but don't have the pages laid out exactly the way I want them just yet. Getting closer, though.
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fallen Angel on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 am

That TPB sounds very interesting!
Fallen Angel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam Black on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:36 pm

I hope it is! I'm putting some finishing touches on it now. It's going to have an all-new cover to boot!
Adam Black
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby track13d on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 am

Adam, I just purchased issue four, can't wait to get it in the mail. Keep up the great work!
track13d
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Locus