Dead RP's RP - Redux! [Disc - OPEN AGAIN]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Dead RP's RP - Redux! [Discthread / SignUp]

Postby anti-paragon on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Drayco wrote: I don't see why a transplanted RP wouldn't work.

Bonus points if the Moogles are dressed in surgical gear for no reason.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:07 pm

T.T Steel Spork Inn died...

Name- Natalie
Appearance- four inches tall, light blue and latexy (well, she is made of latex), I-cupsyes, I-cups, shut up..., and anthrosquirrel.
Abilities-
All the abilities of the balloon form. That, however, is so complex that I can't just list it ALL off. So it'll come up when it comes up. If you really need to know, go to the SSI thread.
Personality- Very timid and easily frightened, very affectionate if you get her to like you.

What happened in the RP:
she got in, she got set with friends, was surrounded by gorgeous women... which was really freaking sweet, but...

What they were doing when the RP died:
going to the one girl's house to hook up with actual clothes...
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:54 pm

So it did...and honestly, it only ever revives when there's a lack of interest.^^; funny that, eh?
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Okay, it took me a while, but I managed to cut out about half of the character history so as to make it less overwhelming. Race, class, and status effect descriptions can be found at the discussion thread listed below. This RP history only briefly mentions the events directly tied to my character. There were like three other storylines going on. With that said, I hope this undead priestess MMO character fits into the RP.

Original Mayhem Discussion Thread
Actual game play on 910 boards

Human Avatar

Name: Bill Docket
Appearance: Pale complexion, short hair, average weight, short in height (5ft and change). Wears blue jeans and a t-shirt at home. Has a desk job that requires more formal attire

Personality:
Obsessive with details to the point of neglecting the big picture. Eccentric.

Background:
Bill’s life is in a rut. He does the same thing everyday of every week of every year. He started playing the game as a means to break away from the mundane and stressful life he chose. He doesn’t have a specific goal in mind when he plays. He chose to play a female character due to an initial lack of understanding of the game. He had assumed it was like older games where the player had to stare at their character at odd camera angles (cold never figure out camera controls). Picturing his poorly clothed male character running up a flight of stairs made him decide that if he was going to stare at someone oddly all day that they better be female. After registering his character he realized his error, but did not want to register a new character (it cost money). Throwing out a perfectly good character seemed such a waste (plus it was definitely a break from his norm). It was uncomfortable at first so still having his doubts, he made a promise to follow the wisdom of his lucky coin and flipped it for good measure. Though random in thought, he is a reliable and stable cog in the wheel of society.

MMO Character Played by Bill

Name: No One
Class: Priestess
Level: 30
Race: Undead

Appearance:
Has a face that looks like this cover of a children's book but with one eye (the left, but it is interchangeable) http://blog.japundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/8bad1ecf.gif, height: 5ft, weight: healthy average, skin: pale cream, hair color: brown, eye color: green

Personality:
She is basically Bill only much less restrained. She acts in an outgoing and confident manner. Single minded and focused. Patient to an extreme. Completely oblivious to everything except a few areas of interest. Almost never breaks a promise if it is within her power: Trustworthy

Equipment:
Head: Veil of atonement: a thin black veil which covers most of the face region. (light, +1 defense)
Chest: Sacred Robe: This robe has been passed down through the ages within the religious order. It is rather faded and worn but somehow functions as if new (light, Defense +1)
Legs: Starched wool skirt: A very abrasive skirt (light, -1 dexterity, +2Defense)
Arms: Wool sleeves: sleeves made of wool (light, +1 defense)
Hands: Slap gloves, thin white gloves great for slapping (very light, +1 agility)
Left hand: Hesiod’s staff: A heavy stone staff (Staff, +1 attack, +2 defense)
Right hand: Liturgy of Infinitum: A book of prayers for defense against the wicked and the will to endure (Book, no effect just looks nice)
Accessory: Amulet of Fishbone: an amulet made from the bones of a monster from the ancient seas (10% resists Disorient status)
Ring1: Ring of reproach, a ring with an angry face (causes 2% of damage to attacker)
Ring2: Speed Ribbon: A red ribbon with lightning bolt symbols at the ends tied around the leftmost finger (+3 agility)

Build:
Every stat point she received as she leveled was split 2 to 1 between defense and agility. She focuses mainly on casting defense and agility buffs. She has used her tech points to develop the defense and agility buffs to as powerful as she can with the amount of points she has received.

What happened in the RP:
Bill playing as No One, took a job from the recently ascended crime lord, Baron Gustav, in a small town outside of the founding city of Castle Elderwind. All “she” had to due was lure the rich patsy over to the rigged dice game and collect the winnings afterwards. Unfortunately a bit of unscheduled maintenance hit the server that day cutting the dice roll short making it a win in favor of the patsy. No One was blamed for the bad timing, but had managed to log on quickly before the others and escape from town via a road leading north to Castle Elderwind.

Along the road, she meets a kind and charismatic human priest with a wagon waiting at a four-way cross roads who had lost his way. She offers to lead him to town in exchange for a ride and off they go. Tired, she takes a nap as they come to the last fork in the road feeling secure of their arrival. When she wakes up much later they still haven’t arrived. After some cryptic conversation and worried speech, James the priest hits her with a spell to incapacitate her as he urges the horses to barrel forward at a break neck pace down PK road towards his colleges waiting just over the hill.

Due to her magical accessory, Amulet of Fishbone, she was immune to the effects, but feigned disorientation to bide her time. She spots a squirrel archer who has no arrows, and calls out for help. Using his race speed bonus when without armor, he quickly catches up with the wagon and James makes a wise crack about how his wife here is suffering from a severe case of pregnicitude due to a beta test gone wrong so pay no attention to her wails for help. At that, No One unleashes her fury in point blank spell blast form causing the wagon to crash. She is disarmed and both are damaged severely. She bluffs the wicked priest to back up until he is underneath the tree with the squirrel archer. Upon capture, the priest reveals that he works as a “ferryman” for the Baron and that they should let him go if they don’t want any trouble. The squirrel archer proceeds to kill the corrupt man out of hatred for big crime. No One and the archer escape PK road through the forest. Where they have a short picnic to rest and recover from the heavy damage they took.

No One realizes that she is late for her shift at new job in town as a barmaid for an old friend’s pub and runs off through the woods. She knew her friend from years ago when he was a newbie and she helped him out. Now he was a prominent figure in the main city's underworld like a respectable mob boss, and he own a bar as a front. She had arranged to come work under his protection in case anything ever went south with the not so respectable Baron. Anyways, upon emerging from the woods she is a complete mess. She is covered in dirt, has clumps in her hair with twigs and stick poking out, and there is even a blue bird sitting on her head.

What they were doing when the RP died:
When No One arrives in town, she heads to the Undead Sector known as The Graveyard where the undeads thrive on the slightly poisonous lands other races can't live on. She heads to Vito’s Bar. Inside Vito’s office, No One and Vito reminisce about old times before he drops the bombshell that she’ll have to wear a Gothic Lolita waitress uniform to work here. This embarrasses Bill who is self-conscious about his looks when playing as No One.

When the RP died, No One was just finishing changing into her new Lolita uniform in the employee Locker rRom of the run down, cob-webs everywhere, graveyard themed bar. Yey for locker room scenes!!! :D

Note:
- Bill is currently using the TET (Total E-mersion Technology) to play the game as No One. This is a system which, well it’s basically like the matrix only a little buggier. It plugs right into your brain and such. It feels like you are really who you are playing, and it can even heighten or dull certain emotions and feelings so as to help you react emotionally (ex. Sexuality, fear {or lack thereof}, and even how appetizing a pile of virtual rotten meat looks) as your character would.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:58 am

anti-paragon wrote:
Drayco wrote: I don't see why a transplanted RP wouldn't work.

Bonus points if the Moogles are dressed in surgical gear for no reason.

The moogle in the infirmary is dressed up like a little nurse. :P

@Pixelhead: HAH. Another character fallen out of being close with Marlee. Natalie and Cory should get along interestingly. X3
Approved for after the Plot, in any case. Now to figure out how to send someone to retrieve a plushie from in cleavage... *ponder*

@Sleepy: Looks good. There actually was another MMO player/character combo so far, so I'm going to be doing to your char something like that. If you want the details, poke me over PM or AIM/MSN and we can work things out. Should be fun.
Though... eyeeeeeeeeeergh undead. That's going to make at least one character freaked the hell out. >_>

Aerich: T_T
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Happy! Hmm... dang, trying to think of any other dead RPs, this is a good RP, it's like, oh no, it died, YAY my characters don't have to!
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Would a character that got accepted but never had a chance to post work?
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PixelHead777 on Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 pm

>.>
<.<
*dropkick-style bump*
*looks around*
OK, so, uh, how much until plot be over and Natalie be acceptor'd?
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Measurable in RL months, likely.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Wed May 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Drayco wrote:Measurable in RL months, likely.

You're...
Joking...
*cracks and runs around like crazy lady*
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed May 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Nah, he isn't. Lomgren's party in MKRP took over a year when it was planned a day prior in-game. Anytime there's an event - even a quick one - you can expect it to take a handful of months in the least.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 pm

You mean it just started?! Aaaaugh! *pouts*
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Actually, it hasn't started yet. >_>;
I'm slightly stalling for time until Kum-el gets back. Also til finals are over (they're next week), since right now I'm on the forums about an hour a week from business. D:

OH RIGHT AND MY BACKPACK WAS STOLEN TODAY! YAY FOR SOCIETY! *looks for something to mangle*
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 13, 2009 7:32 pm

*pat pat* Calm down, Pix. MKRP is probably the slowest of them all, but it does tend to take a while for these things to happen. HHFO Again!, where Cory comes from, ran for about fifty-odd pages, and all the action took place in one day of canonical time.

Meantime, just keep reading along, and enjoy the ride. That's the best advice I can offer. Oh, and you could start making some plans for Natalie's entrance. :wink:

Drayco: Ouch, that sucks. Did you have anything irreplaceable in it?
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 pm

*mews and wriggles, not much -to- plan, girl in cleavage finds all the women she's surrounded by are frozen in time, and she's scared... it just goes from there, really...

And I can't actually read along, too much else going on...
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Drayco: Ouch, that sucks. Did you have anything irreplaceable in it?

All my sketchbooks for the past 4 months.
D&D character sheets.
Everything I need for finals next week, and the guidelines for a final project.
A copy of Phantasy Star Portable.
A graphic calculator.

The usual, of course. At the worst possible time for it to happen, of course. :|
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed May 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Drayco wrote:Everything I need for finals next week, and the guidelines for a final project.

That's definitely the worst. Hope you've reported the theft. Can you get your final project deferred or something on account of it?
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Thu May 14, 2009 8:31 am

I wish. :|

I remember most of the stuff though, so... eh. I'll make do.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 am

Pixel, you're going to have to be patient; at least the transfer to this other world must take place in the plot before any transfer of anybody to the base of operations of the Dead RP's RP. I don't know what Drayco has planned exactly for the people in the base as the plot on that world are being taken care of. It may be possible for Drayco to find a spare moogle at that time, or something may be up to keep him from doing that. I've had to wait weeks at least waiting for an opening for my character, and I've waited months thinking possibly people could figure out a way to breathe new life into the RP the person I brought in came from. Somebody can contact you after the plot is over, but moping about the whole thing just having begun isn't going to do any good.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm

*whiiines* but I wanna be overdramatiiiic!

... *looks around to make sure nobody can see* XP
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am

Drayco wrote:D&D character sheets.

Is it sad that that's what I winced at?

Also, my question didn't get answered: Would a character from an RP that died before he got accepted be acceptable?

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am

The kool wrote:Also, my question didn't get answered: Would a character from an RP that died before he got accepted be acceptable?

I think the character needs a starting location in the world to be properly accepted.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon May 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Drayco wrote:*ponder*
Eh, I allowed a character from an RP that never actually started, I don't see why a transplanted RP wouldn't work. Toss up the bio and I'll bring the char in when I can.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaad the threaaaaaaaaaaaaad... *waggles fingers*
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby The kool on Mon May 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Okies. Now considering if I actually wanna...

I shall ponder this. If I have the time and inclination without dropping stuff I should be doing, then I might as well.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Right. RP back in business nao.

Kum-el, AIM me if you need a rundown of what you missed.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem