Third Region RP Disscussion

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Third Region RP Disscussion

Postby Riona on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Third Region

Ok so this RP is my idea... correction the original story was a dual effort between me and my brother but seeing as he has thus dropped and completely forgotten this story and/or book I have taken control of it's assets... (can a story have assets?)

HISTORY/BACKGROUND
This story surrounds around a planet called Aria (pronounced Ah-ree-uh) this planet is similar to earth but with minor differences; it's axis is not tilted, thus creating "Three Regions" on this planet, three different temperature ranges (or at least their extremes)

The First Region is located at the equator of Aria, this land is desert-like and very dry. At it's perfect equator there is nothing save rock that can survive because of it's extreme. :o This land is "owned" by the Sarak - a race of lizard-like people who are considered to be barbaric, cruel and cold-blooded... these guys are basically the scary people your mother says she will send you to if you don't brush your teeth... ^_^ The Sarak have built barriers and walls to keep out the unwanted people who have over the years tried to steal their land.

The Second region is located exactly in between the First and the Third Regions... duh! ^_^ This Second Region is the ideal life. It's a perfect balance between dry and wet, hot and cold, wind and windless... ok the last one not so much (shrug, weather will be weather) The Second Region is owned by the human populace and it's vast government, the Second Region is also the biggest in comparison to land ownership (because there are two latitudes on this planet with the same climates, you starting to understand the worlds geography? They are also the most economically sound... Let's just say they're practically perfect in every way! :smug: HAHA!

The Third Region however is barren. It is cold cold cold cold VERY VERY Cold... did I mention Freezing cold? The Third region is located at the poles of this world. The Third Region is uninhabitable by all living things. All studies exacted in this Third Region have come to reveal that due to it's harsh conditions are impossible to surpass except by preparation (act as if you're going to climb Mount Everest) and mass amounts of money for supplies - you will find no help out there. :cry:

Now our story will begin in the Second Region. Lately the government has decided to allow the Sarak peoples of the First Region reside in the Second under certain families who have payed for their expenses. These Sarak are basically treated as slaves. The lies of the government promising wonderful homes and peaceful lives has brought in thousands of Sarak. This has nearly tripled the economy and population of the Second Region, this is the current political conflict on the planet, and because of this conflict other smaller and less important ones have arisen. The most demanding one being that of living space - with the increasing amount of Sarak the Second Region has become slightly overpopulated. :o This has lead the government to pay for scientific expeditions into the Third Region. Expeditions of this nature have never been completed. Either it was seen as useless to try and follow through with their experiments or, the crew and scientist would be found frozen and dead, or even more unnerving and mournful, missing.

We the people of the Second Region in order to form a more perfect union - no I'm just kidding :D ...

You have a choice of many different types of people, the expedition is being overseen by the government so there will be plenty of infantrymen and colonels and generals and such. If you don't want to be military, you can play the role of the lower scientists (I'll be playing the NPC higher ups in the science and government departments, this is only to help the story go along if ever there is a lull) If not any of those two you can choose a third option... well the third option is your choice ^_^ if you have a good idea for a character but they are not scientist or government official then they'd go here (PM or post the idea first though, I'll probably accept it ^_^)

PROBABLE COMMON ASKED QUESTIONS

Can I play a Sarak?
Yes, the Sarak however are counted as slaves so even if you've been freed form your title of slavery do not expect to be treated nicely. And the Sarak are generally most useful when it comes to daily tasks/chores

Are there any other creatures/races like elves, demons, etc.?
There are, but they are rare. The elves keep to themselves, dragons are dieing out, the dwarves are counted as human (just very short humans) demons/shadows/dark-mysterious-evil-like-zombie-creatures-of-the-dead are only creatures of the deepest circles of hell and very few have been able to reach life and survive; the ones who do find that their magic is incredibly diminished... except in the farthest reaches of the Third Region....(dramatic music plays DUM Dum dum!!)

Is there magic?
Yes... didn't I just say that... haha just kidding! ^_^ There are two types of magic for this world; stagnant and active. First one must understand, these two types are only the VERY WIDE category. These two categories branch off into thousands of types of magic :) Ok Stagnant: these magics generally need a symbol to be applied and used, these magics are not at all fast to use and are more often than not protective magics rather than battle magics. These stagnant magics are very "sticky" they hold tight to their object of insertion. Second, Active. These magics are free - usually activated by a word, these magics are fast bursts. These magics are not "sticky" if you find a way to stick an active magic to an object - congratulations, you just won the Nobel prize!

I am not sure what kind of RP this would be. Plot driven Adventuring? Socializing?
How far advanced is the technology? How omnipresent is the government? Is it more fantasy, sci-fi, alternate Earth?

This will be a plot-driven adventure.
As for the technology? It is at the level of say 2009 ;) but with a twist. The magic can be adhered to the weapons and technology of this world giving them (seemingly) more advanced features. Example: Bazooka = bazooka with more explosive power but smaller barrel, or a tv that can walk around and follow you where you go and change the channel to whatever you ask it.
The government is very present among the citizen's daily lives. Think over-powering America. The government controls everything and knows everything... big brother is watching... O.o;
This world is more like an alternate earth thing. I'd consider it fantasy because of the magic but there is technology.
If you don understand feel free to ask me ^_^

Please send character bios to me so that I can gather them all here - as reference so we know who's who and what they look like ^_^ etc. etc. etc.
Last edited by Riona on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something". Princess bride
If a man says something in a forest and a woman isn't around to hear it, is the man still wrong? ;)
"Are you suggesting madam that there is a law compelling gentlemen to lay hold of canine bowel movements?" Kate and Leopold
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Third Region RP

Postby Riona on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

CHARACTER BIOS
What is needed-
Name:
Description/history:

Optional-
Weapon:
etc. etc. etc.

Character Bios thus far

Riona
Name: Zachary Keleigh
Appearance: 5'9" Zachary is average looking. Always in a thick coat because of the winter conditions. Zack has dark brown hair cut short (like the military cut) because he is a scientist and thus probably never sees the light Zack has a pale complexion, but it's very clean.
Description: He hates the cold but loves the new experience and the chance to study the third region so Zack is both excited and grumpy. He loves new people (especially if he can study them) but his communication skills are lacking for the fact that whenever he meets someone he tends to talk science nonsense and scare them away.:)

NPC/Riona
Name: Commander
Appearance: 4'10" short black hair. She has an athletic build for her size and a look of authority. She is constantly pristine and clean, very organized and never wears a skirt. She almost never smiles but when she does it's like finding a rainbow (oh so romantic!)
Description: Commander rules with care and an iron fist when needed. The people of her regime love her. She tries her best to be as fair as possible. She also tries as hard as possible to not let any of her personal life leak into her command. She is a mystery even to her best friends.

Shekea_Rikana
Name: Alexander Termina
Appearance: Short black hair and light-bright blue eyes. He is part water-dragon so he has a tail and wings. He remains in disguise so he looks part Sarak.
Discription: He is a low ranking officer (probably a foot-solider of some sort). He is really good at following orders. He likes too goof off and is usually late waking up. He can be a bit careless and tries to have fun with everything he does, though he knows when he needs to be serious.

Nokvok
Name: Ethan Nourus
Race: Elf

Appearance:
Ethan is a 5'11' high, weather beaten elf with short, brown hair and for an elf surprisingly small, green eyes. He usually is dressed in worn clothes, with a long, brown coat which got the symbol of a tree which's branches describe a circle on the back. He also wears a stone amulet with the exact same symbol around his neck. There's a long bull whip on his left hip and a large caliber semi automatic pistol on his right.
(for history look further down)

SleepyOrigami
Name: Slif of Kreldon
Race: Sarak

Appearance:
Slif stand six foot tall has thick earthen brown colored scales. Extending from his chest to his inner thighs there are softer and a lighter tan colored scales. His face extends a little further out than a human’s and large mouth looks like it could swallow prey whole. His yellow eyes have pupils that look like horizontal slits. His tail is long enough to drag on the ground. His body is riddled with many scar, but most are covered by his clothes. The one main flaw in his body that he would change if he could are his smaller than usual fangs for a male Sarak. He compensates for this by working out and staying in peak physical health so naturally he is rather athletic in build. He isn’t nearly as bulky as a professional body builder, but he does have an intimidating presence. Slif has two outfits, his military uniform and a very thick cold weather suit to protect this cold blooded creature from the harsh conditions. The cold weather suit does not cover his hands or feet because it isn't necessary. He is often seen wearing his tool belt on which his wrench and screw drivers stand out the most.

Abilities:
Slif is one of the best engineers out there. While what he does may not be valued that much by those around him, the truth is that the whole place would just fall apart over time without people like him. While most would never admit it, this place desperately needs his services and he knows it.

He has a basic magical talent in the use of active magic. His magic is used mainly for work related purposes. For example he has a small heat blast (not too hot) attack useful for defrosting pipes, valves, screws, and other equipment. He sometimes uses this attack to warm rocks to be placed in his cold weather suit's pockets thus supplying it with warmth.

Having evolved in a scorching hot land, his hands and feet have much thicker and more insulated scales than the rest of his body. This means that not only do they not get hot or cold so long as the rest of his body is okay, but that he can pick up and touch objects that would normally burn or freeze a human.

Weapon:
His preferred weapons are his large wrench and is bare hands, but he carries around a pistol as a secondary weapon.

Joat
Fluffy Foxx
Race: Fox
Appearance: Orange fur, white tail tip and paws, blue eyes.
Alignment: True Neutral (good tendancies)
Abilities: While Fluffy has no skills at the moment, he is very receptive to new skills. He does not have to eat, drink, or even breathe while near the White Autumn, and coming into contact with the White Autumn will rid him of any diseases or toxins, though this will likely never come into play. Also, for better or worse, Fluffy tends to have extraordinary luck.
Shortcomings: Physically not very strong (hardy for a fox, granted, but his strength is not up to par with human standards). Mute. Depends on the White Autumn for survival. Thus, if the tree is weakened or killed, the same will happen to Fluffy.
Last edited by Riona on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something". Princess bride
If a man says something in a forest and a woman isn't around to hear it, is the man still wrong? ;)
"Are you suggesting madam that there is a law compelling gentlemen to lay hold of canine bowel movements?" Kate and Leopold
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nokvok on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 pm

While I like the Idea of the world, I am not even sure what kind of RP this would be. Plot driven Adventuring? Socializing?
Also there are a few details missing about the genre. Like with how far is the technology? How omnipresent is the government? Is it more fantasy, sci-fi, alternate Earth?
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Riona on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:49 pm

nokvok wrote:While I like the Idea of the world, I am not even sure what kind of RP this would be. Plot driven Adventuring? Socializing?
Also there are a few details missing about the genre. Like with how far is the technology? How omnipresent is the government? Is it more fantasy, sci-fi, alternate Earth?

This will be a plot-driven adventure.

As for the technology? It is at the level of say 2009 ;) but with a twist. The magic can be adhered to the weapons and technology of this world giving them (seemingly) more advanced features. Example: Bazooka = bazooka with more explosive power but smaller barrel, or a tv that can walk around and follow you where you go and change the channel to whatever you ask it.

The government is very present among the citizen's daily lives. Think over-powering America. The government controls everything and knows everything... big brother is watching... O.o;

This world is more like an alternate earth thing. I'd consider it fantasy because of the magic but there is technology.

I hope the world doesn't seem too ambiguous, but it's really a world of all varieties and types. Thank you for asking questions nokvok ^_^ I really want to make sure everyone understands so if there's anything I've forgotten to add just let me know ^_^ Thank you!
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nokvok on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:37 pm

Well, I'll give it a try
[Bio]

Name: Ethan Nourus
Race: Elf

Appearance:
Ethan is a 5'11' high, weather beaten elf with short, brown hair and for an elf surprisingly small, green eyes. He usually is dressed in worn clothes, with a long, brown coat which got the symbol of a tree which's branches describe a circle on the back. He also wears a stone amulet with the exact same symbol around his neck. There's a long bull whip on his left hip and a large caliber semi automatic pistol on his right.

Description/history:
Ethan Nourus is renowned for traveling through all of the second Region and even into the first one. He never liked the attention he got for this, but in the end shrugged it mostly off.
But most public attention he got a few years ago, when he openly protested against the treatment of the Sarak in the second Region. But after that, he seemed to have disappeared for several years.
Today Ethan is a bit of a lone wolf, and seems to despite this expedition. On the one hand this is THE yet unexplored region, on the other hand it is scarily lifeless, almost unnatural.
He probably wouldn't be here if it was his choice, but it is an open secret that someone in the government has found a way to coax him into it... of course not as leader or high up of any sort, he is too untrustworthy for that.

Abilities:
Ethan is a renowned Scout, which come not only due to his innate knack for the wilderness and suvival and his utmost respect for Nature as a whole, but also from the magics he wields. His magic manifests in Nature manipulation. He knows mostly stagnant magics, but also some active. But all his magics revolves around nature. Typical magics of protection from cold and heat are woven to his jacket, he is able to create domes of air in which he is save from storms and hail. He can make a plant spontaneously sprout fruits or a small well spring forth in the desert. He also knows how to magically treat injuries and poisonings.

Weapon:
Whip, Pistol and several knifes which also can be thrown.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Re: Third Region RP Disscussion

Postby Riona on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 am

Sweet! ^_^ I like him already! hehe - so he's sort of a "protect the little guy" type right? Would he stand up for creatures without sentience? (like how we treat cows to get beef)
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nokvok on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:13 am

He despises unnecessary cruelty. That doesn't mean he wouldn't kill a cute little baby critter for foods and a new hat (Actually he would kill the baby instead of killing the mom of the baby). But the suffering of cows merely for profit reasons is indeed something that would irk him.
He feels strongly about respecting your fellow living creature and nature.
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Riona on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:06 pm

So have you got any friends that wanna join? I'd like to have about 4 people (not including myself) to start with - but if worse comes to worse, I'm flexible I can work with just 2 people ^_^ so pool together your talents of persuasian and torture to gather more minions! ^^ haha just kidding... but seriously... ;)
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nokvok on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Well, looking at the views, most mayhemits have seen this thread already. I am afraid it seems that I am a rarity with my liking for plot heavy, challenging RPs. Most others here are more into light hearted interaction based RPs.
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Riona on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:29 am

I see... well i suppose I could start this now then ^_^; but for everyone else, it's an open rp - anyone can come in at any time because transfers may happen at any time :)

Well without further adieu! Bring on the Third Region!
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:42 am

How did I not see this RP before?! *reads the RP so far* Oh yeah, I'm definitely interested.

Any room for an acrimonious Sarak from the engineering corps? I'd imagine whatever ship or vehicles or equipment is used on this mission will require more than occasional or routine maintenance. Expect a bio later. :D
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Riona on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Hehe ^_^ It's okay! Newcomers are always welcome! And we would very much need an engineer - Zack only knows how to work the machine not fix them (when he tries to fix them it blows up, everyone knows about this so he's not allowed to fix or tamper with machines even if he claims it'll make it better ;) lol)
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Sorry it took so long, but the history section was giving me some difficulty. I hope this bio is okay.

Name: Slif of Kreldon
Race: Sarak

Appearance:
Slif stand six foot tall has thick earthen brown colored scales. Extending from his chest to his inner thighs there are softer and a lighter tan colored scales. His face extends a little further out than a human’s and large mouth looks like it could swallow prey whole. His yellow eyes have pupils that look like horizontal slits. His tail is long enough to drag on the ground. His body is riddled with many scar, but most are covered by his clothes. The one main flaw in his body that he would change if he could are his smaller than usual fangs for a male Sarak. He compensates for this by working out and staying in peak physical health so naturally he is rather athletic in build. He isn’t nearly as bulky as a professional body builder, but he does have an intimidating presence. Slif has two outfits, his military uniform and a very thick cold weather suit to protect this cold blooded creature from the harsh conditions. The cold weather suit does not cover his hands or feet because it isn't necessary. He is often seen wearing his tool belt on which his wrench and screw drivers stand out the most.

Description/history:

Slif once lived a typical (for the Sarak) nomadic lifestyle in the First region. He lived a warrior’s life battling for food, shelter, and survival in general. When the Second region began letting Sarak move into their land of plenty it sounded too good to be true, he thought it would be a land of plenty. He quickly found himself in the employ of a cruel master engineer doing work often considered too risky for a human. While the master cared very little about his slaves, he did offer freedom to those who could afford it, which was essentially no one. Slif toiled away for many years under the twisted pudgy man observing his work and learning his trade. His general intelligence, persistence, and efforts to improve caught his master’s attention. As he learned more he was given more responsibility. So much so that it was as if his master was trying to break his will by pushing him to his limits and beyond. The master would get as much use from this slave as he possibly could then toss "it" out like rubbish after his usefulness waned. Amazingly, it was Slif’s will that one out in the end. His constant toil allowed him to surpass even his master in skill and he eventually earned enough to buy his freedom. Now he is considered one of the best engineers out there and yet work for a Sarak is difficult to find even for someone so skilled. Joining the military was his only viable option to survive.

He has a real passion for his work. To Slif, engineering is much more than a job. It was the key to his freedom and his continued survival. He takes it very seriously. His years of slavery and his warrior upbringing have taught him the dangers of appearing vulnerable. As such he projects a lone wolf bitter type persona; however, underneath his gruff exterior he is really a big softy. He pushes his fellow officers/soldier/etc. to do their best, but unlike his old master he understands when enough is enough. Despite his reputation he actually does take a vested interest in the well being of others and never pushes them to work harder than he thinks than they can handle. (On the other hand, if you are working way too hard he might just have you stop and take a rest. While a job's completion may be of great importance, safety always comes first.) He respects hard work and detests habitual slackers.

Abilities:

Slif is one of the best engineers out there. While what he does may not be valued that much by those around him, the truth is that the whole place would just fall apart over time without people like him. While most would never admit it, this place desperately needs his services and he knows it.

He has a basic magical talent in the use of active magic. His magic is used mainly for work related purposes. For example he has a small heat blast (not too hot) attack useful for defrosting pipes, valves, screws, and other equipment. He sometimes uses this attack to warm rocks to be placed in his cold weather suit's pockets thus supplying it with warmth.

Having evolved in a scorching hot land, his hands and feet have much thicker and more insulated scales than the rest of his body. This means that not only do they not get hot or cold so long as the rest of his body is okay, but that he can pick up and touch objects that would normally burn or freeze a human.

Weapon:

His preferred weapons are his large wrench and is bare hands, but he carries around a pistol as a secondary weapon.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Riona on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Well welcome Slif!! :) We're glad to have an official engineer on board ^_^
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Joat on Fri May 22, 2009 1:58 pm

I hope this characer isn’t too out-of-place for this RP. I wanted to use him in a different one, but that one was apparently cancelled. And this Rp doesn’t seem too busy at the moment, so I shouldn’t find it difficult to place myself in.

Oh, and needless to say, this took a pretty long while to write.

Fluffy Foxx
Race: Fox
Appearance: Orange fur, white tail tip and paws, blue eyes.
Alignment: True Neutral (good tendancies)
Abilities: While Fluffy has no skills at the moment, he is very receptive to new skills. He does not have to eat, drink, or even breathe while near the White Autumn, and coming into contact with the White Autumn will rid him of any diseases or toxins, though this will likely never come into play. Also, for better or worse, Fluffy tends to have extraordinary luck.
Shortcomings: Physically not very strong (hardy for a fox, granted, but his strength is not up to par with human standards). Mute. Depends on the White Autumn for survival. Thus, if the tree is weakened or killed, the same will happen to Fluffy.
History: The White Autumn, an oak tree with white bark, is located in the Second Region. It is famous for dropping leaves all through the year, rather than merely through autumn, earning it its name.

It was under this tree that Fluffy was born. However, not an hour after Fluffy was born, a wolf arrived. The foxes ran, but the Wolf was too fast for the mother. The mother was killed and eaten. The father never returned, and what happened to him is unknown. And Fluffy, though helpless to defend himself, was concealed by the leaves, and was not found by the wolf. This became his first, and most traumatic memory.

Time passed. Though there was nobody to provide for him, he did not succumb to hunger or thirst. The leaves protected him from the eyes of predators.

Days turned to weeks, weeks into months. As he matured, he began to explore his surroundings. he learned quickly not to stray too far from the tree, lest he get lost or, worse, nearly eaten by a predator when he had no leaves to hide under.

Months turned into years. He began learning, and growing more intelligent. He was capable of great thought, and even learned of a new language, English. He knew then that the tree was the source of it, and he began to feel an empathic bond with the tree. He was learning what the mystical tree had learned over its many years.

But at four years of age, he felt the tree giving him a new request. It wanted him to leave, to see the world, to explore. Though Fluffy was afraid, he did as the tree wished of him, and slowly, he walked away from the tree, and out of the forest.

Soon enough, he came upon a small town. He entered the town and found that it was ruled by humans. The humans were too busy to pay him heed, and he soon found himself beginning to go hungry. For thirst, he knew where the fountain was, but he had lost track of the way out of town, and he didn’t want to travel too much for fear of being hit by a car. Yet he eventually found the hunger to be unbearable.

And so he stole. He stole from a nearby farmhouse, but did not get away in time. He was caught in the act. A bullet narrily missed his head. Knowing the next shot might not be a miss, Fluffy fled, abandoning his last-ditch meal. The farmer continued to shoot at him, but luckily did not have very good aim, nor much ammunition. But running out of ammo did not stop the farmer. Fluffy fled to the nearby ocean shoreline and saw a motorboat. The farmer was a good way off, but Fluffy knew that would not last long. He leapt into the boat to hide.

The farmer came and, not being able to figure out where the fox had gone, started back toward the farm. The fox started to climb out of the boat, but in his frightened haste, accidentally stepped on a button with a hindpaw. The motorboat started. The sound of the engine startled Fluffy, but also intrigued him, for he had never gained the knowledge of motorboats before and was curious as to why the boat was making this sound. It would be a costly mistake.

The boat started up and Fluffy immediately began to understand that this was no manual boat. Fluffy would have left the boat to escape before the boat got too far, but upon hearing the sound, the farmer turned around and saw Fluffy trying to get out and started rushing towarde him again. Fluffy was trapped. Gauging his chances better at sea than at the hands of an angry farmer, Fluffy flattened himself onto the deck of the motorboat. The boat took off and all the farmer could do was shout out curses in angry protest.

Fluffy did not know how to stop the boat and feared what might happen if he pressed something else. And even if he stopped the boat and tried heading back, it would be to his own doom. But not all was lost. It was a fishing boat, and though he did not have the thumbs to fish with, the did manage with some difficulty to get the can of bait open. Worms were not usually high on his list, but at his level of hunger, it was a five-star meal. Yet he knew his semi-satiation would be short-lived. The engine was still going and the shoreline was so distant. If he would survive this, he realized, he may never be able to find the White Autumn again. And he knew that such was a pretty big if. Now he was out of food and he didn’t even have a fountain to drink from. He knew of what the sea-water could do to him if he were to drink it.

Minutes of fear became the longest hours of his life. These hours became a day filled with more terror than he had ever known before. Not like the brief, quick-thinking moments, but the slow, agonizing torture that could tear a person in two just knowing that if death would occur, or even if they would survive, it would likely be slow and painful. And there was little Fluffy could do at that time to alter his fate. He was lost at sea, at the mercy of the wind and the sea. Or had he drifted into ocean by this time?

Fluffy felt his own forehead. No, he wasn’t feverish. The weather really was getting colder. Was he drifting north, toward the third region? If so, he could do nothing about it now. The engine had long-since died. The enchantment still worked, but the technological parts had failed. Cold, hungry, thirsty, and defeated, Fluffy curled up under a blanket on the boat for a sleep that he expected never to wake from.

Fluffy woke feeling the chill of cold air through the blanket. That was good; it meant that he was not near death or already dead. He still had a chance. He did not feel the boat rocking anymore. What had stopped it?

Fluffy poked his head out from under the blanket to be greeted by unbearably cold air. He beheld a frozen wasteland, devoid of life as far as his eye could see. Except for a source of smoke in the distance, obscured by the snow and the freezing air that chilled his eyes, forcing him to blink. The Third Region. His heart sank at the conclusion, but nonetheless, the pillar of smoke was a beacon of hope. He climbed out of the boat, the blanket atop him providing meager protection, and headed toward his last hope for food, water, and warmth. He knew he was lucky to still be alive.

Now he hoped dearly that such luck would hold for just a little longer…

“In fact, it can be intriguing to have real conversations with dream characters, such as physics or philosophy discussions; you may discover they know more than you do.” - Wikibooks article

My Characters

My blog

Inventory
TF Gun
Kamikaze pack extension
Wand of Nagamar
Chrome Staff
6-pack Unlabeled Shrink Soda (3 left)
Yet Another Can of Unlabeled Soda
Squirrel Teddy
Book of Taeri
Draco, My Talking Pet Veron (Fire-breathing, teleporting fox)
Joat
Keenspot Despot

Postby The kool on Fri May 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Waail... let's give this a shot. There are several new ideas in here, so I figured I'd just drop the whole thing on you at once and edit it as you see fit. If that fox isn't out of place, this might fit in. If this is out of place...oh well. Good to get it off my mind anyhow.

Name: Jeren
Race: Lurmen (Lemur-like peoples, about 4ft tall. Ask if you want to know more)
Abilities/skills: Jeren is an ultimate survivor type. He has been known to venture out into the Third Region alone, with nothing but his knife, and survive fairly comfortably. He has hunting skills, and can sneak up on wild beasts, so humans are no problem. Of magical skills, he has none. (Actually, he has a stagnant magical ability that will not be revealed until some later point.)
Weapons/equipment: Jeren carries a concussion rifle, which fires a magically-enhanced, focused sonic blast designed to knock out an opponent for several hours, but not kill them. It is a sniper rifle type weapon, and at higher power and point-blank range, can actually kill. Aside from this he carries only a wicked-looking knife, a tiger-fur coat, and a basic survival kit...sometimes.
Appearance: Jeren looks like a lemur, to some extent. He is only four feet tall, with no beard, but gray and white patched fur all over his body. His tail is about as long as he is tall, and is ringed in gray and white. His eyes are an icy blue, and his hair silver, and it sticks out in the back under a thick leather cap. He wears simple clothing, sticking to an under-layer of synthetics, and over-layer of heavier cloth, and a top layer of patches of leather, with a white tiger-fur coat over it all, that looks suspiciously hand-carved. Tucked into his belt can always be seen his wicked long knife(for him, shortish for humans), and often slung across his back his concussion rifle, a big long thing. Like this, only not quite so big, and relative to himself.
Personality: Quiet, sticks to the shadows, and prefers to work alone. He prefers not to have other people get in the way, but he sees the value in having them around. He's a real tough guy, eager to prove himself, yet not careless. He is calculating and yet reflexive, relying on long experience to see him through the day. All of that at once, yet still quiet.
History: Mysterious. Not much is known about Jeren. His past is hidden in shadows, and he never really sheds any light on it, but it is known that he has survived on the fringes of the Third Region for decades, and recently joined up with the expedition, not in the military, but offering his services in the exploration.

Grahh... no time to finish. Will elaborate the appearance, personality, and history tomorrow.

EDIT: Finished.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Riona on Sun May 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Welcome Fluffy ^_^ I'm glad you decided to join! - I have only one comment; The commander will not allow him to go on the mission without adequate reasoning. Meaning: Fluffy must somehow be imperative to the success of the mission, or, Fluffy gets stuck with the group and can't leave ;) lol or something along those lines - if you can come up with something, that'd be great! He'll need to talk to the commander eventually (especially since he's a wandering soul popping into the camp) so since he's going to meet up with her, I can have her come up with something - we'll work it out ^_^ but for now you're welcome to enter the camp and have fun!!

AND

Welcome Jeren! I love the Lurmen - I may use one... hmm... maybe *shrug* ^_^ But that'd be MUCH later on. SO welcome Jeren, if you weren't at "the meeting" then you'll have to give a good reason (transfer in or commander put you in as a last minute decision) or if you were there and just didn't speak up, you can choose to which place you were pointed to - (which was the mechanics tent, or the supply tent) remember that Zack spotted a storm on the radar, coming in so find a good place to wait out the storm *cough cough* the pit *cough cough* ;) lol
Image Image Image
Riona
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Mayhem