Shecola: Crossed Stars RP Discussion

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Shecola: Crossed Stars RP Discussion

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 am

APRIL FOOLS!

This was a fake RP discussion made for that special day known as April 1st. You can tell it's a joke just by the sheer amount of grammatical mistakes, sentence fragments, and ridiculous character restrictions. And just in case you were still fooled, I had hid a secret message at the end of this post. I will now mark it so that you can read it for yourself and go doh! for having missed it. I hope you all enjoyed this as much as me. :P

================================================================================================================
Set in the world of StarTropics on the Amazoness Isle of Shecola, this RP is heavily plot driven. Recently, an ominous star has appeared in the night sky blocking out the island magics of the northern cross constellation. Rumor has it that the Fortune teller to the north might know what to do about this latest development. This RP will be limited to five warriors (each with a unique island weapon). There will be many perils and hidden passage ways. As you enter new rooms your position they will be added to the portion of the map you can see. Custom sprites no larger than 50x50 pixels are encouraged but not required as defaults are available upon request. Do you have enough island courage to save your peoples? Will you seek treasure along the way? Why did you shove bananas in your ears?!?! Don’t let the island mummies or pirate wizrobes get you! Characters will die throughout the RP (at least one per dungeon) so if you don’t make the initial cut off for the character limit post a bio anyways and be assured a place on the waiting list. The island weapons are passed down from the previous characters, but are customized to fit their new owner's personalities. (ex. one weapon might be the island spear. A character dies and it transports back to the village along with a one way portal to the previous owner's last safe location. The spear would change shape for it's new master etc.). When a character . Bio template and starter map to follow soon.

EDIT: There is a social interaction aspect in this RP known as the village of waiting. It's where people with accepted bios go to wait while the five warriors are out questing. Characters who die are revived here by the Sorceress NPC.

Character Classes:
Warrior: Leader the Village cheif. She is hideously ugly. She decides who can wield the morning star weapon a well balanced weapon and symbol of leadership. Warriors are well rounded.
Mage: Leader the sorceress: High priestess of the southern cross. She revives lost warriors and returns them to the village of waiting. She decides who can wield the island staff weapon. Mages use ranged attacks and are weak to physical damage.
Theif: Peter Am I the Parrot (an ancient parrot) leads the thieves. He only talks to those who bribe him. For the right price you can wield the Island mirror dagger. Thieves are highly mobile and detect traps.
Bard: Lead by Musicola Marry leads the imperial choir. She is bitter and will tolerate nothing less than perfection. Impress her to receive the Island Musical weapon.
Alien: Great-grandmother Mica leads the Aliens. They have high psychical strength and close range telepathy. She guards the island broadsword and will only trust it to those who swear to protect their comrades above all else.

Weaponry:
Descriptions are left generic so that players can modify them to their character's needs (with approval of course).
1. Morning Star: Symbol of leadership. It is a spiked yo-yo mace with medium range and power.
2. Island staff: Used to cast spell damage. It is a ranged weapon and it's power is cut in half in close combat.
3. Island broadsword: Extremely heavy sword. It is for close range attacks only. It has great physical strength but is slow.
4. Island Instrument: Is a musical instrument of choice. It casts buffs and can heal damage.
5. Island mirror dagger: It is the only weapon that can deflect wizrobe like attacks. It is low power and used for special purposes like picking locks.

Note: you do not have to be of the same class as the weapon leader to wield said weapon or claim it. Everyone could say be an alien. But an alien would be a less effective staff user than a mage.

The RP will start with the Millennial Celebration shortly before the appearance of the Ominous Star. It's the Cheif's birthday and the final day of a week long celebration. The planets are to align at the end of the celebration and the blessings of the Southern Cross to shine down upon the Vault of ancients. Mingle and meet with the other characters. More than five PC's will be at the party, and these extra characters can continue to live in the village after the first quest begins. This arc will last a week and will serve to determine what roles you will play in the next arc. At the end of the party the vault but before the vault can open the Ominous Star appears and blots out the sky. This is when the Fortune teller arc and the journey to the city of ghosts begins.

Bio Template wrote:Name:
Gender: (Should be female unless you can convince me otherwise)
Hair:
Eyes:
Build:
Birthday: (affects the weaponry you might get)
Age is set to 16
Appearance: (No pants or skirts longer than knee length allowed. Longer dresses, toga's whatever are fine. No being naked either.)

Custom weapon appearance description:

Personality:

History:

Pet peeves:

Interests:

Desired class: (prepare for disappointment if someone else beats you to it)
1. (most desired)
3. (neutral)
5. (Kill it with fire :evil: )

P.S. April fools :-P, the object of this thread is to feign interest in this obviously terrible idea and fool others for the rest of the day.
< Secret message here. Sure is a lot of blank space here at the end of the post. That was intentional to make it more obvious that maybe something was there
Last edited by SleepyOrigami on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Shecola: Crossed Stars RP Discussion

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am

Marvel at my terrible drawing skills! :D

Starter map:

You can't leave the village until after the party and then only if you are a chosen one. The revive point is in the center of the town. Those circles are a fence. The main festivities will be held in the grand hall. Since this is a social interaction area and not a dungeon or trap area, characters are free to explore and make up stuff as they go along within the city limits. Peaceful monsters or pets live in the forest. The forest tunnel? Well that's a secret for now and is sealed until later.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 am

You spelled Chief wrong.

*Deducts a spelling point*
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 am

Well, I'm up for it! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:11 am

ZOMG Star tropics!
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:45 pm

<3

Sleepy? I love you.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 pm

I neither know star tropic nor am I overly fond of Rps with limited player count. So I'm gonna say no thanks.
But I might keep an eye on this one to see how your GMing is ;)
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:20 pm

...Wait, this wasn't a joke? I thought for sure it was just for April Fool's, since, among other things, at least without the context of the original, the character requirements seem really ridiculous. (No pants/skirts below the knee? Seriously?)

Or is it a joke, just one that happens to be based on something that exists? Either way, I just thoroughly killed any humor that may or may not have been present.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Cameo wrote:...Wait, this wasn't a joke? I thought for sure it was just for April Fool's, since, among other things, at least without the context of the original, the character requirements seem really ridiculous. (No pants/skirts below the knee? Seriously?)

Or is it a joke, just one that happens to be based on something that exists? Either way, I just thoroughly killed any humor that may or may not have been present.

Well, Sleepy did reference it in the April Fools thread... so it's probably a joke.
Or a joke within a non-joke.
Or really poor timing combined with someone hax0ring his account.
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby Author-Man on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Of course it's a joke. But it's an awesome one.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Am I going to have to be the first bio? Hmm, I thought there would be more interest in this... :lol:

Any ways, here's my bio. I expect the competition will be fierce. I sure hope I get accepted!
Bio Template wrote:Name: Bananette Fosters
Hair: Banana yellow
Eyes: Even yellower
Build: The most yellow person in color ever!!! >:) ... Oh wait, I mean heavyset.
Birthday: April 1
Appearance: She stand 5 foot tall and weighs 220 pounds. She is very yellow in color perhaps because she thinks 50 bananas is a light snack. She wears a seashell bra and a miniskirt. She has a banana flower in her hair. She has a large gap between her front two teeth and talksth with a sligth lithp. P.S. Miniskirt :o

Custom weapon appearance description: The weapon must be very heavy and very yellow. It will resemble a banana no matter what it is, but the island staff is preferred.

Personality: She is a jolly person. Loves bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did I mention bananas?!?! Also, she is not greedy or shellfish. She wants to live life to the fullest and craves adventure. She values the saftey of her friends moar than treasure.

History: This little miracola was once put under a sleep forever spell. Before she slept she was slim and had a cool and spicy personality. Her father the chief of Radicola Island spoiled her in her sleep by feeding her too many bananas. Over time she became as bulky as he was. Upon being awoken by the kiss of an unwilling hero, she became grateful to be alive. Living in a dream for many years accounts for her joviality and her weak grasp on reality. Also, her backup outfit, the purple toga, it's soooo last year. :D

Pet peeves: Running out of food. Margaritas. Getting caught in the rain.

Interests: fruit, juices, syrups, spirits, fruit shakes, fruit cocktails, mixed dried fruits, ice creams, yogurts and other dairy products, puddings, breakfast flakes, energy bars, flavoring powders or essences, confectionery, baked goods, fruit sauces, flavoring additives, as well as some cosmetics. Just as long as it contains bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desired class:
1. Mage - Banana Staff FTW!
2. Theif - Stole the bananas? Who me? Couldn't be. :shifty:
3. Warrior - Smashy smash :P
4. Bard - It ain't over until I sing!
5. Alien - Cannot taste bananas :'(

Custom 50x50 pixel Avatar:
Image ~"Island Courage!"

Dolphin says:
"QUI QUY! QUI . . . K QUI QUY?
QUI QUY! QUI . . . K QUI QUY?"

translation: <Get to posting quick bios! Have you eaten your fill of fish today?>

P.S. April fools :-P, the object of this thread is to feign interest in this obviously terrible idea and fool others for the rest of the day. This is a quote from the end of the first post.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Mayhem