[RP] Second Children signup / Discussion

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: [RP] Second Children signup / Discussion

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:09 am

@Zacair: Alexis looks A OK. Just remember, like stated earlier, that he just very recently started to develop his sensory field and night vision.

Also book...how many times do I have to state I don;t care about powers? You need a personality then fit a power into it. You are doing things backwards.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:12 am

That's how he always works.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:16 am

That is why I am going for the kind of conscepts first
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:18 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:MISSING THE POINT

Name: Natalya Alexendrei
Birth Date: December 12, 2005
Build: Small
Hair: Pale Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Appearance: Natalya is a short girl with a small frame. Both her hair and skin is very pale, which along with the muted colours she wears makes her look like someone sucked the colour of out her. Her hair is a bit below her shoulders, and her eyes are blue.

Genome Ability: Due to being chronically ill (sideropenic anemia) from a very early age, she's not the most durable of people. To compensate for this, her body gave her the ability to generate psionic shields. She can use these for a variety of purposes, from protecting against injury to protecting from falls. She can't use them offensively though, and enough force will break them.

Background: Born the daughter of Yuri Alexendrei, son of Nikolai Alexendrei. Nikolai is the current CEO and President of the Alexendrei International Shipping company, although his advancing age will soon force his retirement. Her father is soon in line for the position though, having a high ranking place in the company already. They moved from place to place for business, before settling down due to their daughter's degrading health. For the past five years, Natalya and her parents have lived in Plot-town, New Jersey. Two months ago, she started gaining the power to create psionic walls of Not Going To Touch Me.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:37 am

*Sigh*
Ya, ya.

Still chosen my concept, built the personality and power, at the same time. Now, back story and looks.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 am

@ Kalga: I heart Natalya to death, which is why it pains me to death to nix her. Unfortunately because of the gene in your body that is giving you your new abilities it has also kept you in nigh perfect health your entire life. Sorry.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Zacair on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:46 am

Malachy19 wrote:@Zacair: Alexis looks A OK. Just remember, like stated earlier, that he just very recently started to develop his sensory field and night vision.

I completely understand that, I thought about writing what his power level was in detail at the moment but thought it better not to confuse myself at a later date and just say what they are going to be and act accordingly.
Zacair
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Grim Atescu on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:07 am

@Mal: OK, I can deal with that. It just means that right now his bones are barely poking through his flesh and still growing, and his teeth are either missing or growing in about as painfully as a baby's first teeth.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:21 am

Super Parkour Not-Catgirl GO~!

Name: Junko Daiyama
Birth Date: December 12, 2005
Build: 14 year old Catgirl Type
Height: 5'4"
Hair: Dark Orange
Eyes: Yellow and catlike
Ethnicity: Japanese-American, born and raised Jersey! (...Poor girl...)

Appearance: The daughter of two second-generation Japanese-Americans, Junko looks predominantly Japanese; with several glaring difference. Her hair is a deep rich orange colour, and her eyes are a dull yellow. She possesses asian facial features besides that. Her body is pretty well proportioned for her age, a definite eye turner.

Personality: Catlike. Innately curious about everything, and very easily distracted. Just wave something shiny in her face. She can be occasionally vain without realizing it, or lazy without really trying to be. Junko likes lounging around in the sun, just taking a nap. Junko is a big fan of naps, to the annoyance of some teachers. Love climbing up high places, but has an acute fear of falling. She climbs up high places, and takes death-defying stunts to prove that she is above falling. Coming down from a high place is a hard thing to do for her. However, she's not a fan of falling or elevators or anything that makes her go high up in the air. Junko gets there on her own.

Genome Ability: She is able to see in the dark, but only to a slight extent. Junko has expert balance and agility, and is amazing at keeping her balance. Armed with retractable claws, she loves jumping around and finding the most exciting route to get from place A to place B. Developed due to her fear of falling.

Background: Born to two second-generation Japanese-Americans, Junko was raised in a modern home; becoming bilingual in English and Japanese (even if she has a bit of an accent). She became a very good student, when she wasn't distracted by minor things. She joined the school's soccer team, loving the sport, but she found out that most of the team would rather goof off then play. She quit, but still had a few friends from the team. She's currently on the Track team though.
Last edited by Kalga on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:24 am

So I couldn't quite get away from the emo idea, but I sure tried. How does this sound?

Name: Lindsay Marie Poppins
Birth date: March 3, 2005 (doll festival)
Build: Scrawny
Hair: Red
Eyes: blue/green

Appearance: Scrawny, short, and androgynous Lindsay stands 4’5” tall. He has many freckles and medium length straight hair parted down the middle. He has a fair complexion and large, deep set eyes. He appears to have an aura of feminine delicacy and grace.

Personality: “Everything bad that happens in this world is my fault. I don’t belong here and the whole world would be better off without me.” Lindsay is depressed and egocentric. Everything is always about him and not matter what he is always in the wrong. When bullies pick on him, he does not resist because he feels that for some reason or another he probably deserved it. He only desires what is best for everyone to the point of subjugating his own will to others. He pines to make the world a better place if only he didn’t mess everything up. He is overly polite and puts on a brave face for others so that he doesn't burden anyone else with the pain of his sorrow. You will never see him angst in public.

Genome Ability: Whenever he is hit with a wave of guilt, his body begins to age rapidly in reverse. Reverse aging does not affect health. Excess biomass is off gassed while the highly endothermic chemical reactions take place. The energy for this process is drawn from the heat of the surrounding environment so it gets very cold is he reverses aging too quickly. It would not work in an environment where it was already cold because he would start to freeze. In other words, he is weak against the cold. It is possible for him to experience unbirth, but if he regressed beyond infancy it is possible his mind would be affected and he’d stop defacto. He can grow back to his current age (and no further because why would he want to), but to do so produces heat and requires he consume large amounts of food.

Background: Lindsay’s parents never planned to have children. He was born an unwanted mistake, and they reminded him of this chronically. Having to raise a kid put a great strain on the family and lead to many fights between his parents. Eventually they got divorced and he lived with his mother. Since he was the cause of their break up and because he reminded her of her ex-husband, Lindsay was mistreated and scorned. Even after all of this, he still loves his parents with all his heart. He wishes from the bottom of his heart that he had never been born so that his parents would still be happy.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:31 am

OK, I see there has been some confusion about where the powers come from so I'm going to explain more.

The genome power you have developed is in response to a subconscious fear or personality flaw. The gene in your body is trying its best to "fix" it. This doesn't mean all your characters have to be emo and loners, either. I know that Isaac kinda is, but everyone has problems, even the most outgoing ones.

That being said I'm going to have to nix Kalga's new character. Sorry but I can't think of any kind of personality flaw or subconscious fear that would turn someone into a catgirl.

And since I've been asked, if you have to pick a theme to this game it is teenagers growing to handle their own personal demons, via natural and non natural means. SO please, you don't have to make it blatantly obvious in the bio, but at least let me know. All characters need some kind of "demon" to overcome and it is linked to his or her new power. The genome ability is trying to do it for you, in a way. And it's a Mal game, so expect a twist!

If you have more questions please ask
Last edited by Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:46 am

So just for reference, does this mean that the character I just posted is too flawed? Cause I felt that the lower he started, the further up he could struggle when it came time to face his inner demons. I'm sure his self-esteem would improve once he has a friend or two. Also, what about the power? Does it fit the whole coming to age theme or is it too far out there etc.?
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:12 am

Lindsay looks fine to me. She is A OK ^_^ b
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 am

Malachy19 wrote:@ CCCM: You have a War & Peace sized explanation of a power mentioning dimensions and mirror worlds and then some personality that is so obviously tacked on just so you can make a teleporter. I say no to the power as it is too over the toip and no to the tacked on personality. Try making a character with a personality first and then look at his flaws and try to fix it with a power because that is exactly how the the abilities work.

...I did make the personality first. it's actually based on myself when I was in high school. But if it doesn't work, i'll try actually making something up.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:53 am

ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE wrote:
Malachy19 wrote:@ CCCM: You have a War & Peace sized explanation of a power mentioning dimensions and mirror worlds and then some personality that is so obviously tacked on just so you can make a teleporter. I say no to the power as it is too over the toip and no to the tacked on personality. Try making a character with a personality first and then look at his flaws and try to fix it with a power because that is exactly how the the abilities work.

...I did make the personality first. it's actually based on myself when I was in high school. But if it doesn't work, i'll try actually making something up.

If that is the case then your Genome ability still greatly dwarfs the personality in terms of complexity. But teleportation is something that I find too out there for this RP.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby ThatCanadianDude on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Malachy19 wrote:
@ TCD: Cammy babes, who is apparently a CO-GM in terms of approving bios now (Thanks for the initiative hun, you seem to enjoy it, keep up the good work) hit the nail on the head. I have no problems with pheromones, but having him be literally addictive is kinda rough. I have no problems with the calming pheromones, but I will have to say that to become physically addicted to him you have to spend extended periods of time around him. Like, as in a few hours every day, not just being in the same classroom. That way we don't have everyone being Patrick addicts.

Hmm... Perhaps rather then having the calming affects as a side effect, perhaps the addictive nature could take the back seat. The calming nature could be due to his inherent(though currently hidden) desire to stop fighting between people, but over exposure, say 3 hours everyday for 4 days could addict someone to his presence, stort of a slight twisting brought on by his fame hogginess. How's that?
I see dumb people reading my sig

"CORRRRPRAAAAAAAAL JEEEEEEENKIIIIINS!" ~ Me, Myself and I after I started playing Mass Effect

Current Status: Meh
The First Test Comic Of My New Comic Idea
Movies with the Insanity of a Manity
Dangeresque 2 Theme directed by, written by, and starring yours truly
ThatCanadianDude
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: If you can't figure it our, you don't deserve to have cognative thought processes...

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 pm

ThatCanadianDude wrote:
Malachy19 wrote:
@ TCD: Cammy babes, who is apparently a CO-GM in terms of approving bios now (Thanks for the initiative hun, you seem to enjoy it, keep up the good work) hit the nail on the head. I have no problems with pheromones, but having him be literally addictive is kinda rough. I have no problems with the calming pheromones, but I will have to say that to become physically addicted to him you have to spend extended periods of time around him. Like, as in a few hours every day, not just being in the same classroom. That way we don't have everyone being Patrick addicts.

Hmm... Perhaps rather then having the calming affects as a side effect, perhaps the addictive nature could take the back seat. The calming nature could be due to his inherent(though currently hidden) desire to stop fighting between people, but over exposure, say 3 hours everyday for 4 days could addict someone to his presence, stort of a slight twisting brought on by his fame hogginess. How's that?

Sounds good to me, TCD. Welcome to the party.

Also, after speaking with Kalga over AIM about Junko, she has been allowed.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Double post, because I can

I have decided that Myserson NJ is on the Jersey shore, a small little beach town a hop skip away from Point Pleasant.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Liar. That was my idea! I suggested Point Pleasant!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Ok fine, Kalga suggested point pleasant. But the beach idea was still mine!

Also the game is going to star in June. Nothing more awkward then going to a new school mid year, especially near the end.
Last edited by Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:36 pm

I think you mean June, unless this school is horrible enough to make the students show up in July. :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Cameo wrote:I think you mean June, unless this school is horrible enough to make the students show up in July. :P

Yes. Yes I did. I blame the heat. And Communism
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Not if they've been born and raised in the town. :P
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:27 pm

you know what? I'm just gonna scrap the teleporting thing and go for something...different.

Name: Matthew Gains
Birth Date: August 11th, 2005
Build: Muscular
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Grey

Appearance: Matt has short, messy silver hair that tends to spike up and feels like steel wool. He can’t wear shirts due to his rough skin tearing them up, so he normally just folds his wings around his chest like a poncho. He wears jeans, but the ends of the legs are usually cut up from his clawed feet. Matt has deep set grey eyes and tends to glare at people because of it.
In short, he looks like a gargoyle.

Personality: Matt has felt out of place most of his life. He liked strange foods and had a strange sense of humor. He never really liked talking with others, and always felt he was meant for something more that everyone else. He also seems to like small, dark, enclosed spaces.

Genome Ability: Matt had always felt different than others, wanting to be unique and special in some way. Perhaps this is why when he hit puberty, his body changed. Much more drastically than it should have.
Matt ended up growing to around 7 feet tall, his skin turning grey and becoming as hard as stone and as rough as sand paper, his feet becoming more claw-like, and growing a tail. He also grew a large pair of Bat-like wings and developed a taste for fresh meat. His eyes changed and were able to see heat.
Despite this drastic change, Matt felt like it was normal, like how he was meant to be. Since his change, he has begun embracing his unique appearance

Background: Matt’s family is pretty well off. His father being the Principle Engineer at a large medical supply company, and his mother a Robotics Engineer really brings in the money. With his family making so much money, he spent most of his time at home playing video games or reading books. After his change, his parents tried to hide him away from the world, even moving to Myerson New Jersey in hopes of hiding him from the rest of the world. Despite his parents’ paranoia, Matt still manages to have a somewhat normal life.

Will this work or is it too out there?
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Zacair on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 pm

I know I'm not Mal or Cammy...but that kind of physical change is probably going to be too much...maybe if you started out with it being a skin problem and a faster growth rate along with some back pain and then work up from there...
Zacair
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem