[Disc] Moperville 3- Under New Management

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

[Disc] Moperville 3- Under New Management

Postby Kalga on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:56 am

Game Thread

The town of Moperville is a strange and interesting place. This will be a story about some strange and interesting people who live there.

Please post or re-post your character's public bio's in this thread. The public bio is everything that is immediately apparent about your character, how they present themselves to the world. Not necessarily how they really are. If you've sent me a bio, go ahead and modify it to this format, m'kay? The format for public bios is:

Name:
Place of Birth:

Physical description:

Personality:

Brief history:

Abilities: (Special skills and obvious/publicly known powers go here)

Weaknesses: (Stuff the character is bad at, is weak against, can be defeated by etc.)

The Private bio is everything about your character that is not public knowledge, but is something that the person running the game should be in on for the sake of keeping track of plot and stopping people from making stuff up on the spot. The private bio should be sent to the GM (me) when you submit the public bio. The private bio format is:

Real Information: (If your charcter uses a psudeonym, what's their true name? Their real age? Etc.)

Preference: (Sexual preference, because this is a high school drama. HOORAY FOR HORMONES.)

Expanded history: (Stuff that your character either wants to keep secret or doesn't tell to everyone that might impact the plot as a whole)

Family: (Short description of immediate family and any relevant extended family)

Abilities: (Skills and special powers that are not common knowledge)

Weaknesses: (Again, any that are not common knowledge go here)

Enemies: (Short description of people and organizations that wish the character ill and why)

Contacts: (Short descriptions of people and organizations the character can call on for help)

Characters

Jessica Airiest
Tony Minstrel
Christopher Kowalski
Augie Zeranati
Anna von Jaeger
Marlee Nekomeru
Sapphire Ryo
Jodi Darellis
Chester Wig
Kaley Lanning- 3 points
Hou Nuo
Nuri Slate
Jimmy Cantrel
Anthony Zeranati
Dmitrii Molina
Last edited by Kalga on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Re: [Disc] Moperville 3- Under New Management

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:15 pm

I've decided, due to the fact my old bio sucked, I'm gonna try a new one.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Might as well put up my public info. I've already sent the whole thing to Kalga, it is currently under consideration as I understand it, but in the mean time:

Name: Kaley Lanning
Race: Human?
Place of Birth: No one seems to know

Physical description: She has strawberry blond hair, green eyes, and by no means pale skin. She stands a little shorter than most, at only 5'7", and nicely shaped, with decent curves, and not at all weak. She tends to wear short shirts, and short cut-off jeans, to show off her figure.

Personality: Kaley is a bit explosive, a bit cunning, a bit witty, and entirely crazy. She has a flair for the creative, and is often impulsive and will act on whims. She also has a short attention span.

Brief history: She showed up in Moperville about half a year ago. No-one seems to know anything about her life before this, and she hasn't been volunteering any information, aside from a vague story about how her parents sent her off to live with an aunt for a while while she learned art.

Abilities: Kaley is an avid artist, and is crazy enough to take up just about any skill. She's a quick learner, so training time with a new skill is negligible. She also has been learning Anime Style Martial Arts recently, and while not one of the top students, is rising fast.

Weaknesses: It's not too hard to outwit Kaley, but you really need to not underestimate her. She can be overpowered too, but not easily. She seems to have an irrational fear of water masses any larger than a puddle.
Last edited by The kool on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jfan999 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:04 pm

a slightly modified public bio with the private one on its way
Name: Jessica Airiest

Race: human

Place of birth: Alberta, Canada

Physical description: Jess is of an average height and has brown hair, which falls slightly past her shoulders. She has green eyes which are usually hidden behind her reading glasses. While, in her opinion, her figure has room for improvement, she is still quite pretty.

Personality: Jess is an introvert, and spends most of her time reading. She has few close friends and no casual friends. She is nice to people and doesn’t like to hurt their feelings. Jess loves too read and does so at every opportunity

Brief history: born and raised to the age of 10 in Edmonton. Her family moved when her father got a job teaching at Moperville University. Since then she has lived in Moperville with her parents. After arriving at Moperville Jess had trouble making friends. The reason for this was her shyness and weird things started to happen around her. Not many people noticed the strange happenings going on around Jess, but those that did spread lots of rumors; causing Jess to be branded as ‘the witch’.

Abilities: despite the fact that Jess hasn’t practiced in four years she is quite the gymnast and has good flexibility and agility.

Weaknesses: Jess is more or less oblivious to the world around her while she's reading, which is most of the time. Jess fails at video games, and has a fear of drowning. her biggest weakness is her poor self esteem, which keeps her from living up to her full potential.
inventory:
-TF Gun powered by the condenced contents of the time space Continuum
-A squirrel Teddy
-A cookie with shiny wrapper
-Six cans unlabeled soda
-A dead fish

I’m sorry you’re too socially acceptable to be socially exceptional

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:Yes.... Bullet to the Stomach was never my favorite flavor either.

shamelessly advertising noone's naruto roleplay site
jfan999
Keenspot Despot

Postby Author-Man on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Calling this a protobio for now, until I bother to do the secret bio.

Protobio wrote:Name: Sapphire Ryo.
Race: Human.
Place of Birth: Doesn't know or particularly care. Presumably Moperville.

Physical description: At exactly 4 feet, Sapphire is very short for her age. She is very lightly built, with almost no curves to speak of. Sappire has short blue hair which is usually messy, almost to the point of appearing uncombed. She has deep blue eyes, and glasses with small round lenses. her typical outfit is a simple Jeans/Sloganless Tee Shirt combo, and she often has headphones on.

Personality: Sapphire is very shy and quiet, tending to be more of an observer as opposed to actually getting involved. She rarely talks, and when she does her voice is very quiet. She is fairly confident in her own intelegence, although she tends to get all LSE about her physical appearance, which isn't entirely inaccurate; aside from her hair, her appearance is very plain and forgettable.

Brief history: Despite being a native born Mopervillian, Sapphire has, to her knowledge, spent most of her life overseas, which is why most people don't know her parents. She moved back on a semi-permanent basis just a few months ago.

Abilities: Sapphire is an intelligent young woman, with strong logical reasoning skills and a good head on her shoulders. That's about it.

Weaknesses: Sapphire has a long list of psychological issues. She is painfully shy, and has serious difficulties dealing with people. She is terrified of dogs.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm gonna try something COMPLETELY different this time around.

Completely
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Jess is good to go! Saph is publicly good!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:38 pm

My Main Character:

Name: Tony Minstrel
Race: Celtic-European Latino
Place of Birth: Moperville

Physical description: A very androgynous boy with a penchant for pink, in so far along with a baggy pink sweater and pink hip hugger pants, he also wears pink make-up and pink contact lenses. His hair is also pink, but it shouldn't bother people to know that's natural. His hair is kept long and curly. Despite all of this, most people assume he just a really girly really gay man. Anyone who had seen him without his shirt can attest that he definitely has a man's chest. Scrawny, maybe, but couldn't even be called a flat-chested girl still.

Personality: A major music and pop culture buff, Tony fancies himself a comedian, a musician, an artist, a writer and a singer. He is indeed openly bi, shamelessly flirting with anyone and everyone, drawing laughs from anyone he kind. He is a man that looks for short-term pleasure, for himself and everyone around him.

Brief history: When he was 5, his parents died in a car accident. He was kept in a foster home until his brother until his brother was old enough to care for them on his own. Now he lives alone with his older brother and younger sister.

Abilities: Is indeed a wonderful comedian, musician, artist, writer and singer. He draws anything he likes, play many instrument, sing almost every tone, imitate a great many voice and types 200 words per minute.

Weaknesses: Dark chocolate turns him into putty. The smell of mint chocolate entices him. Together they are deadly to him.

Side characters:

Name: Hank Minstrel
Place of Birth: Chicago

Physical description: A lanky young man, bald on top but growing a soul patch evident with blood red hair. Like his brother, he wears clothes matching this alongside contact lenses that are the same.

Personality: He looks demonic, but he's actually the epitome of love and peace and nurturing as you can get.

Brief history: Moved to Moperville when he was five with his parents, who died when he was twelve. When he turned eighteen, he brought himself and his sibling out of foster care and has been supporting them on several jobs since.

Abilities: Infinite patience, empathy, knows people far too well

Weaknesses: Multiple jobs, bleeding heart

Name: Dori Minstrel
Place of Birth: Moperville

Physical description: Tall for her age, and muscular too, she as short straight brown hair and brown eyes. She prefers normal clothing, not something made to match her hair and eyes. What this is can range from girlish to tomboyish, she doesn't fit a discernible pattern unlike her brothers.

Personality: She is violent and crude, aggressive in all her pursuit, outspoken against what she believes is wrong and stubborn in protecting what she thinks is right.

Brief history: She was 3, too young to remember her parents when they died. She remembered only foster homes until her brothers removes her when she was nine.

Abilities: An accomplished martial artist.

Weaknesses: Hurts down their for girls too.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:48 pm

All the publicly fine. Any private bios?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Sent them over just now.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:14 pm

I dunno. Maybe. Save a me a spot for now.
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:15 pm

You saved one yesterday, late last night. Remember?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby catldr24 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Wanted to make sure everyone knew.
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Fair enough.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Here is my character idea:
Name: Christopher Kowalski
Race: Caucasian
Place of Birth: Chicago, Il.
Physical description: Short brown hair with a part on the left. Hair is often messy. He has a slight tan and a few freckles. His eyes are blue-green. Height 5”4’ and weighs 142 pounds. He dresses in collared shirts and slacks. His black shoes are cap toe, and his brown shoes are penny loafers. He keeps a small pair of reading glasses on his person, but only wears them for reading.

Personality: He is a go-getter. He arrives early and stays late. He goes out of his way to meet new people. He believes that strangers are just friends he has not met. He is not easily deterred and has a strong sense of dedication. He has a strong memory for details bordering on photographic.

Brief History: When Chris was young, his parents died in a mysterious fire. He and his sister ended up in a foster home. She was adopted and he has not seen her since. Years later it was discovered that he had an aunt living in Moperville. She adopted him and they have been happy living together.

Abilities: He has a near photographic memory. He has decent skills at writing and drawing. He has written a few short stories based on characters living in the past. These stories are surprisingly historically accurate.

Weaknesses: He has a crippling pyrophobia. He doesn’t handle stress well.

Interests: History, writing short stories.

Sending the private profile now
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PixelHead777 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:26 pm

I want to use the bio I used on the old one, but... I don't have the private anymore...
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:20 pm

*clicks 'create savepoint' and selects this thread for the location* Just to make sure I can write up Jodi's bio in full and sorta re-work it since we're going with a new Moperville.

I -may- do something ridiculous, but that's only for some shenanigans that only the GM would be in on...
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:Tony Minstrel, Hank Minstrel, Dori Minstrel

Good. All three of them.

SleepyOrigami wrote:Christopher Kowalski

Accepted!
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:27 pm

One of the two character ideas I had. Sticking with this one for now, however I have an alternate one in mind if the majority of the character population is male. Which... it looks like it will be. Ah well, one for now, at least.

Name: Nikon Byelodazh (Nee-cone By-eh-lo-das)
Race: Human
Place of Birth: St. Petersburg, Russia

Physical description:
"You are large as well! Come! We must wrestle!"
Standing at about 6'4" and built quite well, Nikon's a big guy. His skin is a pale-ish shade standard for one of Russian descent, having blue eyes, and hair that's fairly short but loose and a dark shade of brown bordering on black. He tends to wear simple shirts and pants, preferring loose and durable clothes... jeans, buttoned shirt, and an undershirt are standard fare. He also tends to wear what appear to be slip-on hiking boots.

Personality:
"You are friend now! I give you big hug!"
Nikon is somewhat bipolar. He alternates between being sleepily awake, and being a Large Russian Ham. Regardless, he's really a kindhearted gentle giant, besides the occasional bearhug or sacrificed eardrum. It's also worth mentioning that his author mentally narrates his dialogue in the voice of The Heavy, and he pretty much sounds like a slightly younger version, honestly.

Brief History:
"I think I am lost. I cannot see snow."
Recently moved to Moperville from Russia, to take part in a foreign exchange program. The details of this seem to be rather fuzzy, besides the fact that he was saddled with a small apartment of his own and enrolled in Moperville (whichever one the majority seem to attend in the RP). He lives alone, recently moved to town, and will be starting school in the coming fall. Or if the RP takes place in the fall, has just started school there.

Abilities:
"Hahaha~! Nikon is invincible!"
Besides being very big and obviously athletic, Nikon is also quite good at wrestling. He also has rapidly gained skill at something he recently discovered - video games! He prefers fighting games and first person shooters.

Weaknesses:
"ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzz..."
Heavy sleeper (nothing short of a bucket of water will wake him up), and besides it he has an almost uncanny ability to fall asleep at random when bored, pushing on being possibly narcoleptic. He also has an appetite that would be standard for any Big Eater trope, though in his defense he is actually quite big.

Private bio en route soon.

WAAAAAGH HE IS A TWO DIMENSIONAL CHARACTER. I cast summon alternate, maximized.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:41 pm

What I need from people.

The_kool: Resend the private bio. I losted it. Received.

Book: The most current version of your public/private bio.

A-M: Take your time on Saph's private bio.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby zerras on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Augi: *shifty*

Name: Augie V. Zeranati
Race: "Other: BITE ME "
Place of Birth: Osan Air Base, Korea

Physical description:
Height, 5'9"
weight, 125 lbs. (30B-28-32)
eye color, brown
hairstyle, very-dark brown shoulderlength staright that keep getting in her face.

Tends to wear combat boots with a black skirt that ends just above the knee, off of which a few feet of chains and assorted straps dangle. Seems to always wear some sort of tiger-stripe jugle camo shirt and leaves it un-buttoned.

Very fond of her Bajoranen Earring, a black steel with a small red gem that sits at the low opint of the chain.

Personality: Twisted sense of humor, will help you if they know you, but if you piss her off, you'll regret it for awhile to come. She seems a bit tomboyish, tends to be flirty to both Genders. Can be quite Hyper and erratic after anything more then a cup of coffee.

Brief history: One of the many students in the Moperville area. She lives with her Father, Mother, and her younger brother. Her Father, due to being Active-duty Military, tends to be gone for long periods of time due to his Deployments. She doesn't like to talk about her father's job in the military. Her family is more on the Lower end of the Middle Class. She is very defensive of her Family, and has gotten in more then one fight over "your mom" jokes. She is a member of the Moperville ____ Wrestling Team, which unfortunately has provided insult bait, usualling something to do with,"rolling around on the ground a bunch of guys". She's trying her best to ignore such insults.

Abilities: She's very good at hand-to-hand, decent with a kinfe, has been seen using a chain to keep someone away.

Weaknesses: HATES being called a "slut" or any other names that imply that she is promiscuious. If someone steals her mp3 player or her pill bottle she will beat the crap out of them until she gets it back. If she is forced to go long periods of time without either she becomes very depressed.

Family/House Mates:
[Father] August Zeranati: 42 yro.
[Mother] Toni Kerrigan-Zeranati: 39 yro.
[brother] Tony L. Zeranati : 16 yro.

[Exhange Student] Naniyo Yomi (F): 16 yro. from Japan, often seen with Tony. Semi-Fluent in English.
Last edited by zerras on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To ask for help when your mind is troubled is never a sign of weakness."
"Eldari Saga", "Brown-Dwarf Ramble", "Warsaw the 42nd" and their derivative works: ©2006, Zerras
click me!:Free Stuff!:I has Wiki!:Back when Sonic was cool:bunny XP=5210+
NINA Goddess of Dance

أهب دجاج مقلي
zerras
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: cyuggot ug u vul gliot geh jlequm ni cellequc yum suhhyuomo

Postby Kalga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Good to go.

And I might as well add Anna in.

Kalga wrote:Name: Anna von Jager
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Nice, France

Physical description: Anna is 5'5", with a good figure for a human (not sure what else you guys got here); 34D with a near perfect hourglass figure . Her eyes are blue, and her hair is purple; which she admits to dyeing. It's arranged in a mid back hairstyle, with bangs ending right at the tips of her eyes. She normally dresses in t-shirts and baggy pants, done up with a belt or two, both of which are used; and not just hanging off her waist. She wears thin red framed oval glasses, which is constantly adjusting, due to them being a bit over sized.

Personality: While fairly outgoing and bubbly around girls, she is absolutely terrified by guys; and can only manage a stammer about them. Anna is quick to run when faced by guys, and hang out almost exclusively with girls; leading some to believe she is gay. She is hesitant to talk about where she came from, and doesn't like revealing more then her city of birth. She doesn't like talking about her mother at all, and is hesitant talking about her father, outside a basic overview. Her hobbies, likes, and dislikes are fair game though. She has a interest in many odd things, for her, such as Seventies and Eighties rock. Anna doesn't understand how mp3 players work, so she has to make due with older types of music, like CDs.

Brief history: She was born in Nice, France. Her father leads a equal rights union for women, which is how he met her mother; who she doesn't like to talk about. Getting really good grades in school, she was selected for a transfer program. She had always wanted to see America, so she accepted, and got sent here. Her mother lives in the affluent section of Moperville, so she got sent here.

Abilities: Anna is fluent in English, German, and French. She is unusually skilled at throwing weapons, but not to a expert level. She claims it's just her guilty pleasure; being able to throw knifes at things. In truth, it's to keep the boys away. She can play the bass guitar, and owns a red Fender Bass V; among others.

Weaknesses: Most glaringly, crippling androphobia. She's also very bad at technology, and not too good with pop culture, least not within the last 20 years. Anna doesn't enjoy having her body type, and a fear of wearing skirts.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:54 pm

I am somewhat interested, but unsure what exactly are the premises of the RP and what would be expected of a Character. Might be because I never played any of the predecessors. I'd appreciate some hints.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Pretty much freeform when it comes to characters.

Demons, angels, robots, mages, psychics; normal people.

Just don't make it too over powered, and a high school age character. So 14-15 earliest to 19 at absolute latest.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby nokvok on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Does the RP have a plot?
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem