OH MY GOD!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Have youhugged a psycho killer today?

Moderator: Lee Herold

Re: OH MY GOD!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:55 am

An entire 120-year-old, two-story, three-bedroom, two-bathroom brick house in a not-so-bad neighborhood, with a full, dry basement, hardwood floors, and a roof that doesn't appear to leak, a garage/shed out back, and a back yard you could technically plant food in, or fence in for the dog. Longish walking distance from my mother's house, even closer to the library, and 1.8 miles from my sister's office.

As I told my sister, the bricks alone are probably worth $8000, if you could bear to demolish such a nice old place.

The only possible drawback is that there is no work to be found anywhere in the vicinity. Since this is equivalent to the situation here in Puerto Rico, it's demonstrably not a problem for me.

The only real stumbling block we have -- two, really -- is that we are quailing before the idea of moving again when we finally have all our stuff in one place in the world, and our daughter is 14. She's just really started making good friends here, and while the thought of being close to family is tempting, it's not going to be easy for her. I showed her she'd have her own door, though, and she said, "Ooh." And the high school has a variety of AP classes, plus they have dual enrollment dealies with two local colleges. So she's weakening.

It's a big decision, but that whole "live for free" aspect is really attractive -- we could use the rent we're not paying to save up a down payment on a house in Budapest, for instance. Then we'd have attained our long-term goal of having solid bases in both countries.
Michael
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 pm

yeah, i was thinking you were lucky in not having the whole gotta-find-a-job-there too thing.

hadn't realized your daughter was that old, already. moving does get harder, when you start really making friends (as opposed to playmates).

....so you might want to reconsider that own door thing, when she gets a couple years older and starts making 'playmates' again.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby chitototoy on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:32 pm

'Am a fanboy who just wants to show a huge sense of appreciation and thanks to "THE" Mr.Lah.

This comment comes all the way from the wretched archipelago of the Philippines. And yes, there are people who here who have a good-fucked-up sense of humor.
Web comics like chopping-block keep the cultured comic fanboy sane and amused in an otherwise, dirt boring work environment.
Seeing the fresh posts of CB this 2009 gives me something to look forward to, in my day-to-day drone like work days.

With butcher's cleaver in one hand & friendly handshake in the other, I'm spreading the good word of Choppingblock to all my friends.

KEEP THE BLOOD FLOWING SIR. LEE!!
chitototoy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Liz on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:29 pm

Lee, there are certainly more than a few of your old friends out here -- waiting and hoping to see Butch at work again.

I hope you and your family are well!

-Liz
Liz
Junior Keenspotter

Postby gsand on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Zowie, great to see you again Lee!
gsand
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Bookworm on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 pm

I'll admit I hadn't checked in the last month, but generally I'd hit the site every two weeks or so.

Glad to see you're back! I'll have to make sure Chalain knows.

BW
Bookworm
Keenspot Despot

Postby daveytrackels on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:29 am

Can someone please explain it to me?
daveytrackels
Junior Keenspotter

Postby MyJuliet on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:33 pm

You do not scare me. Toon - O - MATIC spam offensive, coupled with your own absence / silence, no. But garbage, but now it's two dozen. Hooray!
MyJuliet
Junior Keenspotter

deftoon

Postby BoRiZtuth on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 am

What interesting message

DvDRiP movie downloads
BoRiZtuth
Junior Keenspotter

alprazolam on sale cheap online Carolina Beach

Postby TymnBaini on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 am

Sorry for selection category to leave a speech for all about picture of alprazolam
alprazolam dose Garland and alprazolam alprazolam 1mg GilbertTymnBaini: Make sure to talk with your healthcare provider before taking alprazolam with a seizure medication. Another facts: 1mg alprazolam Capac
TymnBaini
Junior Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Chopping Block