Steel Spork Inn[Disc/Bios Thread]

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Steel Spork Inn[Disc/Bios Thread]

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Well, I have something in mind for a starting scenario.

Which begs the question: How close are we to starting this? I'm all anxious, now!
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Uhm...not close at all, Pixel.

At least, not unless there are people who don't mind joining in after it starts...which I guess works for now.

Also, Mahadeo has 'left' being in the RP for now...room's still open for anyone to still join, so let me know via this thread. Also, any issues you wish to present should be directed to my PM box, or if you're certain there won't be any issues you can bring it up here as well.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:19 pm

Now advertising for Steel Spork Inn.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Phoenix08 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 pm

I've noticed that no one has posted a bio for a Lienna, so I might as well fix that.

Name: Thepor
Race: Lienna
Appearance: He's about 6'3", with a sort of muscular build. He has skin that would remind you of the polished surface of an acorn if acorns were green and that acts as fairly good natural armor. His eyes glow pale blue, and his hair is like many, many tiny vines the thickness of normal hair. He wears a black T-shirt, blue jeans, and running shoes.
Personality:He's a calm, quiet sort of guy, someone who speaks quietly and infrequently, but has a way of making you listen. He always thinks things out and tends to be a good person to resolve conflicts. He can also be somewhat sarcastic at times.
Job: Musician/wizard. His store is the light blue one in the Town Center. I haven't thought of a name for it yet, so suggestions would be much appreciated. The store has 3 floors. Floor 1 is split into the shop, which is divided into a music section and a magic section, and the back room. Floor 2 is the recording studio. Floor 3 is his living space.
Background/History: He was born on Lien into a middle-class family. He took up music as a hobby and learned how to play a LOT of instruments. By the time he was 12, he had made a name for himself as a musician. At 15, an old wizard recognized some magical potential in him and tried to teach him all that he could before he died, which he did after 5 years. After that, he came to Celtar to start a new life and has there for the 2 years since.
Will work for inhabitable human body.
My wiki page
"I'm not going to give it a cold or anything. I'm just going to go in there, step on its neck, and shoot it in the head." --Private Leonard L. Church from Red vs. Blue
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Phoenix08
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Trying to find my sanity, my logic, and my whatever it is that keeps me from being a total idiot

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:22 pm

Oooh, very cool bio. I like it a lot.^^; and I'm glad someone wants to try out the Lienna. As for home planet, they technically hail from Foares but there is their original world of Lien...hence the name.^^;

Also, a short listing of what kinds of magic(basic elements) would be nice, since that'll give us all an idea of what he's got.^^; minor creation magics(like making handfuls of certain non-precious metals or materials) and elemental magics go the route of being either manipulative or creative in nature.^^;
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Phoenix08 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:01 am

He knows a lot of healing magic, and he can teleport people; however, teleporting can leave him drained from an hour to a day, depending on the range. He has a rudimentary grasp of certain potions, but Cyrus's are much better than his. He can create small amounts of common metals, such as steel, and he knows how to create living beings, but lacks the magical energy to do so. He's no slouch in the battle magic department, and he can put minor enchantments on most objects.

The store still needs a name.
My wiki page
"I'm not going to give it a cold or anything. I'm just going to go in there, step on its neck, and shoot it in the head." --Private Leonard L. Church from Red vs. Blue
Phoenix08
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Trying to find my sanity, my logic, and my whatever it is that keeps me from being a total idiot

Postby PixelHead777 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Which store?

Atashi, I have a question: what, exactly, is the Plushie Potions part of the town center?

And I don't care what others say, There are quite a few more people with the personality badges since I put mine in. I think I started it. Mostly because I started posting more places where the few others who had them were posting, and one person has it? Nah. Two people have it? Maybe. 3 or more people already have it? Hell, why not?
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Phoenix08 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:10 pm

In answer to your first two questions, go to the first post of the first page of this thread and look at the image that has a bunch of little colored shapes in it and the label "Town Center" right above it. Plushie Potions and the Theater are labeled as such, and Thepor's store is the light blue one in the top right corner.

In answer to your third question, I made a badge, but I haven't put it in my sig just yet.
My wiki page
Phoenix08
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PixelHead777 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:14 pm

First question: Answered

Second question: What is Plushie Potions, not where it is.

Third question? What third question? I just meant that people were saying it wasn't me, and I was the first of a few, then more people were putting theirs in.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Alex_Mage on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Plushie Potions is a store run by Cyrus Mage, a plushie and a potion maker.
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot

Postby PixelHead777 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:21 pm

What kind of potions?

And you were one of the first people that I saw had the badge. The other two were Artmoogle and catldr. Then I added mine, and then a whole bunch popped up.
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Phoenix08 wrote:He knows a lot of healing magic, and he can teleport people; however, teleporting can leave him drained from an hour to a day, depending on the range. He has a rudimentary grasp of certain potions, but Cyrus's are much better than his. He can create small amounts of common metals, such as steel, and he knows how to create living beings, but lacks the magical energy to do so. He's no slouch in the battle magic department, and he can put minor enchantments on most objects.

Just so you know, creating living beings(Sentient or non, it doesn't matter in this case) requires a really high magical aptitude and skill level. Unless he took classes in a mage school or some equivalent(granted, there are few equivalents like that) I don't see how he'd have that ability. Otherwise, character approved.^^;

And Pixel, I'm figuring Cyrus' potions are on a 'need to know' basis as far as type and function are concerned...only those who order from him, and those who know him would have that information to speak of. As of now, I'd like to make a point that unless noted by the player, secret character information should remain so since I don't trust too many people with metagaming...

Oh, and I'm going to get to work on a couple new bios for the RP, namely adding in two more GMly characters for me to use.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Alex_Mage on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:58 pm

PixelHead777 wrote:What kind of potions?

The kind you drink, or occasionally apply topically. :D
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot

Postby PixelHead777 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:27 am

Sorry, Atashi. Just was wondering if there were a specific type of potions or if almost anything was possible. And topical potions, Alex Mage? I can tell what type of potions those most likely entail. My guess is something like skin-color changing. But that's just a guessing, not saying you have to tell me if I'm right. I didn't realize it was that kind of info... My bad! :nervous:
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Phoenix08 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:
Phoenix08 wrote:He knows a lot of healing magic, and he can teleport people; however, teleporting can leave him drained from an hour to a day, depending on the range. He has a rudimentary grasp of certain potions, but Cyrus's are much better than his. He can create small amounts of common metals, such as steel, and he knows how to create living beings, but lacks the magical energy to do so. He's no slouch in the battle magic department, and he can put minor enchantments on most objects.

Just so you know, creating living beings(Sentient or non, it doesn't matter in this case) requires a really high magical aptitude and skill level. Unless he took classes in a mage school or some equivalent(granted, there are few equivalents like that) I don't see how he'd have that ability. Otherwise, character approved.^^;

Phoenix08 wrote:Background/History: He was born on Lien into a middle-class family. He took up music as a hobby and learned how to play a LOT of instruments. By the time he was 12, he had made a name for himself as a musician. At 15, an old wizard recognized some magical potential in him and tried to teach him all that he could before he died, which he did after 5 years. After that, he came to Celtar to start a new life and has there for the 2 years since.

He didn't, but the old wizard did, and taking lessons from him was the equivalent of a mage school.
My wiki page
Phoenix08
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Well, now I know that. Honestly, there are lots of 'old wizards' in this world, and not many of them are quite so high-powered either. I approve, so long as you note that the old wizard was his replacement for magic school, since there is the chance he wouldn't be so powerful.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:32 am

... How many people do you want/need to join before we start this baby up?
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:10 pm

It's not really a matter of people right now. I'm just waiting for another RP I've signed up for to start so I can start this up alongside it. Also, one of the two new Bios is below.

Name: Zeraphi Foureyes aka, 'Zera' or 'Raphi'
Race: Chimerate; cat(Tabby)/fox(Red) hybrid
Appearance: Stands roughly about four feet and a half high, Zeraphi is as close to a Jakkai as you can get without even being remotely related to them. Biggest differences is the height, ears and just general tail structure, all of which lean towards a foxen look than catlike. Coloration is a dark tan with strawberry blonde secondary tones, banded over his tail like a raccoon but with larger space between the bands of strawberry blonde fur. His hair is an olive dark brown color, and grows in a ragged layer about his head and falls down somewhat like a waterfall on an ovular boulder, left untamed it'll stick out and look like horns at the tips. His ears are larger than the average cat's, but still small enough to fit his head, tipped with the same strawberry blonde as his hands and feet are colored with. His tail is exceptionally long, even for a fox's and it usually is swept upwards and curled over at the tip to avoid being slammed in doorways, along with the fuzziness being akin to a fox's tail but not quite as wide. Has a winter coat coloration, which is just a muted white and silver pattern in place of his usual colors including his hair. Has clawed hands and feet, although they aren't sharp enough to really do anything other than aid grip. Last name is a family tradition, as his entire family is never seen without having to wear glasses.
Personality: Raphi is generous and gentle, a real pushover when you really get to know him and mostly a generally accepting person of others. When things get personal and serious, he adopts a rather strange guardian attitude that speaks of calculated reasoning and strong sense of wits. Good ally to friends of his, a despicable enemy when opposed.
Job: Runs the Land-based Steel Spork Inn, Jodi's number kept on speed-dial for tech support.
History: Has been living in the Town of Fariel for a while now, mostly as his family moved here and sorta left him here since he found a job he was willing to stay and accomplish. There really isn't much more to his history than this, since he's still just working out of the Inn Jodi set him up with.

Misc: Is also a lover of video games and will speak to nearly anyone about said hobby so long as there's an open ear that's willing to undergo use. He also has some magical control, but nothing more than a firey punch and a chilling wind blast that is inherent of his species.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:15 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:Misc: Is also a lover of video games and will speak to nearly anyone about said hobby so long as there's an open ear that's willing to undergo use.

*Raises hand*
That's me!
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Another bio, this time to add to a shop in the Center of Town.

Name: Akikazenone aka 'Aki'
Race: Chimerate; Meerkat
Appearance: Standing about a head taller than Raphi, Aki is a prime example of a standard chimerate thanks to her totally pure Meerkat heritage. She has a perfect blend of both animal and human features, including a half-inch muzzle and pointed, slightly curved ears that rest at the usual height for a human. She has a rigid tail, which has very little movement and often is only really able to move when she gets angry, usually standing up 'on end' as much as can be done with a bipedal creature(which isn't much). Aki has the standard colorings of a Meerkat, although it appears a little more tan than usual thanks to her skin underneath being an olive tone. Her fur is pretty short, only a half inch long and quite soft since she keeps up a regiment of cleaning it daily. Other than the obvious paws and paw-like hands, Aki's body structure is very lithe and slim, with her hips just a little thicker to pound home the fact that she can run very fast in a short amount of time if need be. She also has amazing reflexes, mostly hand-eye coordination based even though she doesn't play many video games.
Personality: A little air-headed and drifty, she's quite the talker if you can get her to speak about something that interests her. Otherwise she's very quiet and withdrawn, oftentimes to the point of not offering assistance when it would be warranted.
Job: Runs the shop 'Autumn Wind Wares', a clothing store in town that sells clothes -and- cloth materials to customers.

Misc: Has a side-shop that sells and offers repairs to surf boards and other various aquatic equipment, along with having her own jet ski and a surf board that she uses on occasions when not running the shop(holidays mostly). Also has minor wind powers, mostly just small gusts or breezes and has a pair of tornado-style bracelets that glow slightly when she uses said powers.
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby PixelHead777 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:10 pm

That reminds me, what's this other RP?
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Phoenix08 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:49 pm

I don't know, but I have come up with a name for Thepor's shop: Liennese Magic and Music.
My wiki page
Phoenix08
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cybur Netiks on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Never been much of an RPer, mind if I join in for this one? I don't like jumping in after it starts so now's as good a time as any.

Name: Rachel White
Gender: Female (first time i've used a female roll without a male one in tow...)
Race: Human
Appearance: 5'6", straight brown hair just shorter than shoulder length. fit, but very petit. Strong considering her size, but below average compared to other humans
Personality: Tends to act brazen and cross, but is actually quite empathetic and needs to be around others more than she cares to admit. Will help anyone in need. Likes to act tough, but is a softy deep down. Doesn't mean she won't hit with a chair though. (don't worry, if she does, she'll stitch you back together...)
Job(if employed): Medic, but she can't use magic so people only tend to seek her help when no other healers are available...
Background: Comes from a wealthy family, Her parents (and aunts and uncles and everyone) put alot of pressure on her to be a 'proper' lady and inherit the family business and fortune, which even she is not quite sure what exactly that is.
History(if already in town at start): Left home at 16 when it became clear that her family was searching for a suitable businessman to marry her, rather than allow her to learn and take control of the family business. Changed her last name to "White" to throw off the trail of anyone who might try to bring her back. Tried to take some rough jobs, but no one would take a tiny teenage girl. She had secretly been studying medicine for quite some time with the family doctor, so she makes a living now off her only skillset, although the lack of magic in a town full of magic users can stifle the 'traditional' medicine business...

edit: one question, What's the level of tech in this world? are we talking medieval, victorian/steampunk, modern, postmodern etc?

Edit2: Here's a sketch of Rachel, (mostly) uncolored.
Last edited by Cybur Netiks on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(to avoid confusion, I'm male)
My SSI profile

EMR (EMT-B) Student
Cybur Netiks
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PixelHead777 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:18 pm

*GLOMP*
Yay! Someone I've never seen before, except maybe in the main?
PixelHead777
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cybur Netiks on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:22 pm

PixelHead777 wrote:*GLOMP*
Yay! Someone I've never seen before, except maybe in the main?

I've been away for a loooooong time. like, 6 months. and I mainly frequent main. *glomps back*
(to avoid confusion, I'm male)
My SSI profile

EMR (EMT-B) Student
Cybur Netiks
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem