TV Tips

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

TV Tips

Postby J. on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:48 am

The 10th Kingdom was most definitely underrated. A hidden gem indeed.

Also, Entourage is my favourite show, espcially the Johnny Drama character. Victory, indeed! Regretfully, it is only up to the third or fourth season in New Zealand. Stopped when Vince bought the script. :(
J.
Keenspot Despot

Re: TV Tips

Postby qwerts on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:35 am

DURRRR. I ONLY WATCH LOST. DURRRR
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:32 am

The three Quatermass series are the only television shows that makes sense. What's up with colourised televisual tubes anyway?
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby J. on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:24 am

Got anything special planned for your 1,000th post, Ringading?
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:48 am

I might be able to rustle something up.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby J. on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:36 pm

Quick! Take a screen cap!
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 am

I should have gotten a pair of millennium glasses for this moment and sticky-taped a 1 over the 2.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby qwerts on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:05 am

I have 830 posts now.
That's also a round number, guys!
Currently being Mean to YOU.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby qwerts on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:07 am

And now I have 831 so you can't make fun of 830 not being a round enough number- HA!

Anyway. TV Tips. LOST. Watch that.

Double-posting isn't against the rules, right?
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 am

qwerts is always one step ahead of the bullies. I bet at school they used to call him The Untouchable. That's what I hear the upshot of that whole ordeal with the Catholic priest was, anyway.

Do they still make episodes of Lost? It's starting to sound like Gilligan's Island for the new millennium.

1000 count posters like myself can't help making millennium references. It's in our blood.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby RevSam on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:51 am

HOW MANY POSTS DO I HAVE???

edit: not enough!
RevSam
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby qwerts on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:11 am

RINGADING KEEPS DELETING HIS POSTS TO STAY AT 1000 POSTS ALWAYS.
SOMEBODY STOP HIM AND GIVE HIS POSTS TO ME.
THIS IS CRUCIAL.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby J. on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm

I should have done that when I had 1337 posts.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 am

qwerts, be careful what you wish for. If you had my posts then you would be responsible for the things that I've written. Anyway, if you want to see a true transgression you should check out J's quadruple post over at the Sore Thumbs forum. Shocking. All I'm doing is living perpetually in the glories of my past, resting on my laurels, partying on the lingering fumes of last week's liquor. If that's wrong, then I will continue to be wrong. I will be wrong for the sake of all those people who wake up in the morning and, halfway through their day of work, kind of wish they had deleted their night of sleep so that they could have done it again instead of going to work. I will be wrong for the women of the world who give birth to their first child and realise too late that they wanted to have an abortion and continue spending all of their spare time in seedy bars. I will be wrong for such people and give them hope. Make them see that, yes, sometimes a person can drag out the good times and put off the bad times for just a little longer. Sometimes proactive procrastination can make a positive difference to that brief period of time each of us is given to live our lives. Having a tally of 1000 posts isn't just about the number one followed by zero in triplicate. It's about freedom, and when somebody plonks the word "freedom" on the table you can rest assured that he is an agent of goodness.

Besides, given the quality of most of my posts the world actually improves a little with the extermination of each one.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby RevSam on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:54 am

Ringading wrote:qwerts, be careful what you wish for. If you had my posts then you would be responsible for the things that I've written. Anyway, if you want to see a true transgression you should check out J's quadruple post over at the Sore Thumbs forum. Shocking. All I'm doing is living perpetually in the glories of my past, resting on my laurels, partying on the lingering fumes of last week's liquor. If that's wrong, then I will continue to be wrong. I will be wrong for the sake of all those people who wake up in the morning and, halfway through their day of work, kind of wish they had deleted their night of sleep so that they could have done it again instead of going to work. I will be wrong for the women of the world who give birth to their first child and realise too late that they wanted to have an abortion and continue spending all of their spare time in seedy bars. I will be wrong for such people and give them hope. Make them see that, yes, sometimes a person can drag out the good times and put off the bad times for just a little longer. Sometimes proactive procrastination can make a positive difference to that brief period of time each of us is given to live our lives. Having a tally of 1000 posts isn't just about the number one followed by zero in triplicate. It's about freedom, and when somebody plonks the word "freedom" on the table you can rest assured that he is an agent of goodness.

Besides, given the quality of most of my posts the world actually improves a little with the extermination of each one.

this is typical
RevSam
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby qwerts on Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:29 pm

Here's a TV Tip just for Chris Crosby : STOP WATCHING HEROES

And if you MUST, at least stop reminding me that it exists.

Now I'll have to watch another damned season.

It better be at least half-decent like the first one was.

Otherwise I'm suing Keenspot.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:22 am

The new TV Tip is exactly the same as the old TV Tip! Why do I even read those things? The probability of my broadcaster running those shows at those times is extremely slim.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Chris! The voting advice given in your TV tip actually worked! I hope Obama sends some flowers to thank you.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby J. on Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:40 am

Good, another TV tip about Entourage. If you ask me, they should all be about Entourage.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby qwerts on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Important update : I dropped heroes halway through this season. Thank god.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MrLeffel on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 pm

I _SHOULD'VE_ stopped watching before the finale of season 1.

But I am mind-glad I didnt watch anything after!

ALSO WHY ARE YOU MEANING ON CROZBOZ
MrLeffel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RevSam on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 am

i stopped watching heroes after two episodes because i am smart
RevSam
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby J. on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm

I never watched more than five minutes of heroes because I am a genius.

Also, today's TV tip should have said: "Dennis Rodman hates Mondays."
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:48 am

Heroes is a work of genius, really, but that can't be seen until it has been completed. Each new plot is a modified repeat of the previous one, frequently touching on the theme of armageddon, moving in a helix as the scale escalates despite circling the same points over and over again. It becomes clear that the writers have less control over the writing than it initially appeared. "Turning and turning in the widening gyre/ The falcon cannot hear the falconer/ Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;/ Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world." Just sit it out and you'll be rewarded with final unveiling of the rough beast slouching towards Bethlehem.

Wait, I just had a vague recollection of the The Second Coming being quoted in the show itself at some point. Maybe they really are conscious of all this!
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Return to Superosity