The sort-of-annual Bunny Interest Survey

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

What are you most interested in?

Transgender transformations (temporary)
29%
Transgender transformation (permanently)
4%
Animal-hybrid transformations
22%
Full-animal transformations
8%
Other transformations (specify)
6%
Body swapping
9%
Dewitchery-diamond splitting (need a twin?)
9%
v5-ing (male or female)
10%
None of these
3%

Total votes : 191

Re: The sort-of-annual Bunny Interest Survey

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Man on the Moon wrote:What's a 'chakat'?

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Chakat

Basically, they're hermaphrodite feline taurs (i.e., anthrofeline from the waist up, regular big cat from the waist down).
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Man on the Moon on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:
Man on the Moon wrote:What's a 'chakat'?

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Chakat

Basically, they're hermaphrodite feline taurs (i.e., anthrofeline from the waist up, regular big cat from the waist down).

Oh what the hell, internet.
Man on the Moon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ineluki on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:11 am

Darechan wrote:
Ineluki wrote:But this all matters little if this is a party where you know everybody! So we gotta draw a line towards Grace's birthday party here. Cause if it's eight people who all know each other, then they will still act towards each other based on what they know of the one they speak to.

Well, the idea is everybody in the same form, so when you wander off to the kitchen and see two people there, you have to think about it to know who they are. Whether they have visible tells(if consensus picks fJustin's form, the one wearing Kimber's necklace you know is Kimber), they give themselves away with their personalities(like Tedd and Grace did), or you're just "counting cards"... At the least it'll be harder to tell who's who, and over the hours everybody's perceptions of each other may start to blur together. ...Except for individual traits that people find valuable enough to keep(and perhaps ham up).

Ah yes, I once again see that I didn't flesh out the thesis enough.
You see, what I think will happen is that people will often just ask each others names to be able to make conversation. Not always of course, but often, since if they know each other, they won't start the same topics with everybody. If they don't know each other to begin with, that this point is redundant of course.

The idea behind not even knowing "who" I'm going to be was that everyone votes on the form, since everybody's going to end up in the same form. Specifically, start with a secret ballot, everybody types in one idea; then as a group read off all the ideas, and discuss them until an open-approval consensus is reached. So it's not that a single someone else picks a clone form for me, but that my vote is only 1/8 of the votes determining my form. (This is also to resolve near misses. If six of eight want female anthro animals, but all pick different species, while the other two both picked Gambit of the X-Men comics, then unless much of the first group goes "Ooh, Gambit, yeah!", the form picked for everybody should be a female anthro animal, and they just need to hash out species.

Ah, I understand that now!
Well, my first approach would have been just using a random generator for all values... just shows I'm a computer scientist at heart ^^

Crystal wrote:This forum is quite nice. I can discuss gender and species issues without fear of judgment, and on top of that we all share enjoyment of at least one "franchise". Other franchises can be discussed, to a degree (though not everything is going to have many people that want to join in on the conversation). About the only thing I would want to discuss that we are limited in how we can discuss here is sexual intercourse, fetishes, and the like. I feel more at home here than on any of the other boards I have frequented in the past or now frequent.

So we need a 3rd EGS board that is rated M now :>
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby CidGregor on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 am

I think it would be incredibly fascinating for anyone to have the chance to spend a week legitimately transformed into the opposite sex. I think a lot of people, myself included, could gain a MUCH better understanding of their gender counterparts if they had the chance to truly experience what life is like on the 'other side,' so to speak. I'm sure there are those who might make dirtier uses out of such an opportunity (perhaps we all might, really), but I suppose that would just be part of the experience, no?
"Nice guys finish last......but only because we have farther to go." - Lord Belgarion

"Lesbians are Neato!" - Tedd Verres

My EGS Fanfiction:
Twin Envy, ALTERNATE ENDING ADDED APRIL 23RD '08!
Basic Instinct, COMPLETED AUGUST 1ST '08!
CidGregor
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tricia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:05 am

CidGregor wrote:I think it would be incredibly fascinating for anyone to have the chance to spend a week legitimately transformed into the opposite sex. I think a lot of people, myself included, could gain a MUCH better understanding of their gender counterparts if they had the chance to truly experience what life is like on the 'other side,' so to speak. I'm sure there are those who might make dirtier uses out of such an opportunity (perhaps we all might, really), but I suppose that would just be part of the experience, no?
I, on the other hand, am not entirely certain what you *could* actually learn. It's not like there's a blueprint that says "this is what a girl is", or "this is what a guy is". Much of what you do will be influenced by what you *think* the opposite sex acts like. Ovaries don't exactly have shopping and dressing in frilly clothes implanted on them...and neither does estrogen, or breasts, or anything like that. Magically becoming a girl won't give you a great insight into how girls think. You'll still be you, just in a different body. How others treat you is likely to be different...but how you actually experience things won't really be a way to tell "how girls experience things".

Just my opinion, at least. *shrug*
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ineluki on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:13 am

Yeah, but "how other's treat you" is a major part of life, no? :okthen:
Image_Image_Image
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tricia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:16 am

Ineluki wrote:Yeah, but "how other's treat you" is a major part of life, no? :okthen:
Oh, yes, I agree. But that doesn't mean you suddenly have a profound insight into how girls(/guys) think, act, live, etc. You just have a profound insight on how people would treat you if you were the opposite sex.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ineluki on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 am

Oh but it does! If you're transformed long enough of course and are able to draw conclusions, that is...
And at the very least, it might influence how *you* will - in future - treat the other sex.
I mean, okay, there's different levels of what people might learn. Some people - like me - who already thought about the whole topic in detail - may be able to gain new insights on details they have previously overlooked in their theories, while others who never thought about it at all, might get some pretty simple revelations... stuff that you, as a "full-time" woman might not even recognize as a "revelation", but that's the fun of it, isn't it? :D
Image_Image_Image
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tricia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:24 am

*shrug* Like I said, it's just my opinion. I don't think there's anything you can learn from becoming a female that you couldn't learn from actually talking to women and trying to understand how they act/feel.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowmaster M on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:27 am

Only one way to know and sadly that road is blocked off from us...
Currently "Shadowmaster F" because of this.
Shadowmaster M
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Free Radical on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:29 am

Ineluki wrote:Some people - like me - who already thought about the whole topic in detail - may be able to gain new insights on details they have previously overlooked in their theories, while others who never thought about it at all, might get some pretty simple revelations... stuff that you, as a "full-time" woman might not even recognize as a "revelation", but that's the fun of it, isn't it? :D

Tricia seems to be talking about learning about the psychology of the opposite sex. Are you talking about something else Ineluki? What you're saying makes sense, but seems to be slightly out of context as a reply to Tricia.
Free Radical
Keenspot Despot

Postby WalkerBoh on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:30 am

Shadowmaster M wrote:Only one way to know and sadly that road is blocked off from us...

I dunno. I do pretty convincing drag, and I don't seem to learn anything about women that I didn't already know.
You are in my Monkeysphere.
KimberBoh - Sister 2 Gender-swapped bunny
Winner of the Golden Udder

My Gear
WalkerBoh, Lord of Halloween
WalkerBoh, Prince of Winter
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowmaster M on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:34 am

That's only part of it. You wouldn't actually be a woman no matter how much you look like one. With the CMD you could find out exactly how it feels to be in a woman's body, down to the very chromosomes and that would probably have a big impact.
Shadowmaster M
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby benkenobi5 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:36 am

Tricia wrote:
CidGregor wrote:I think it would be incredibly fascinating for anyone to have the chance to spend a week legitimately transformed into the opposite sex. I think a lot of people, myself included, could gain a MUCH better understanding of their gender counterparts if they had the chance to truly experience what life is like on the 'other side,' so to speak. I'm sure there are those who might make dirtier uses out of such an opportunity (perhaps we all might, really), but I suppose that would just be part of the experience, no?
I, on the other hand, am not entirely certain what you *could* actually learn. It's not like there's a blueprint that says "this is what a girl is", or "this is what a guy is". Much of what you do will be influenced by what you *think* the opposite sex acts like. Ovaries don't exactly have shopping and dressing in frilly clothes implanted on them...and neither does estrogen, or breasts, or anything like that. Magically becoming a girl won't give you a great insight into how girls think. You'll still be you, just in a different body. How others treat you is likely to be different...but how you actually experience things won't really be a way to tell "how girls experience things".

Just my opinion, at least. *shrug*

I was thinking of it as more of a social experiment, among other things.
it reminds me of this show I saw once, where a black family and a white family "switched places". the black family wore makeup to make them look white, and vice versa. you couldn't tell in the least that these people were not what they seemed...
anyhow, the two families always ended up being positively shocked at the difference in treatment they received. (bet you can't guess which was treated worse :roll: )

also, I think it would help in realizing the experiences of everyday life. us guys, all we have to do to get ready is shower, shave, and put a shirt on. us guys always get so mad at having to wait and wait for women to shave their legs, put on makeup, and fiddle with all those little accessories they have to carry around with them. I imagine guys would be a bit more understanding if they actually knew how labor-intensive it might be for women to get all gussied up.
of course... we could probably find that info out without having a gender transformation, and just going in drag...

let's not kid ourselves, though... the main reason I, personally, would do it is so that I would be able to know what sex is like for the opposite sex. it would be incredibly useful information for after I switch back...
plus, the age-old Tiresias question could finally, truthfully be answered, and we could finally understand what they are always moaning about when it's that time of month...
try explaining how to tie a shoe to someone who has only seen sandals his entire life. it's pretty tough to just explain that sort of thing, and you rarely truly understand what something is like until you have experienced it for yourself
*I had to remove the Admiral Ackbar Cereal ad... something happened with the link, not sure what, though :( *
BenKenobi5's personal lightsaber. bask in the glory of its awesomeness.
benkenobi5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WalkerBoh on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:39 am

Shadowmaster M wrote:That's only part of it. You wouldn't actually be a woman no matter how much you look like one. With the CMD you could find out exactly how it feels to be in a woman's body, down to the very chromosomes and that would probably have a big impact.
I dunno, there are things that are pretty apparent. It wasn't long before I figured out to drop my pseudo-bust size. Big boobs are more of a hassle than they're worth (and I didn't go higher than a C cup anyhow), and I've heard that from female friends for years. Women are more straight-forward about things than men tend to give them credit for.
You are in my Monkeysphere.
KimberBoh - Sister 2 Gender-swapped bunny
Winner of the Golden Udder

My Gear
WalkerBoh, Lord of Halloween
WalkerBoh, Prince of Winter
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowmaster M on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:42 am

Well, on a psychological level it would probably affect you, knowing that you didn't just look like a woman, but that you actually were one. I can't really say for sure though, never having tried drag (I'd never be able to pass myself off as a girl)and never having tried alien transformation technology.
Shadowmaster M
Keenspotter Supreme

Re:

Postby Ineluki on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:43 am

Free Radical wrote:
Ineluki wrote:Some people - like me - who already thought about the whole topic in detail - may be able to gain new insights on details they have previously overlooked in their theories, while others who never thought about it at all, might get some pretty simple revelations... stuff that you, as a "full-time" woman might not even recognize as a "revelation", but that's the fun of it, isn't it? :D

Tricia seems to be talking about learning about the psychology of the opposite sex. Are you talking about something else Ineluki? What you're saying makes sense, but seems to be slightly out of context as a reply to Tricia.

Nooo, I'm talking about exactly the same... it just seems we have different approaches to the topic ;)
Anyway, I second Shadowmaster F's point: we can't know for sure until we tried it. Everything else I see as, well, boastfull.

also, ben makes some good points there, that I was admittedly too lazy to write in detail :)
makes me think of some other things: woman can't begin to fathom the often so different friendship between men until they experienced it, as well as we can't in reverse with pms.
other things - like being educated as a boy/girl - can't be experienced with the TFG unfortunatly... well, hardly... you'd have to age-regress yourself and then be adopted and even that is not 100% sure to give an equal experience...
Image_Image_Image
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby Man on the Moon on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:49 am

benkenobi5 wrote:plus, the age-old Tiresias question could finally, truthfully be answered, and we could finally understand what they are always moaning about when it's that time of month...
try explaining how to tie a shoe to someone who has only seen sandals his entire life. it's pretty tough to just explain that sort of thing, and you rarely truly understand what something is like until you have experienced it for yourself

You don't need to get gender-bent to understand that. x_x
Man on the Moon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:04 am

benkenobi5 wrote:let's not kid ourselves, though... the main reason I, personally, would do it is so that I would be able to know what sex is like for the opposite sex. it would be incredibly useful information for after I switch back...

Yeah, see while I'm curious as to what it would be like to change into a woman for a while, and I am willing to experience PMS, sex is where I draw the line. Both because I think of sex as something that should be saved until marriage (so unless I had a wife that wanted to try it as a guy it's right out), but also because that would just be way to weird for me. I suppose it's possible I might think differently due to the change in sexuality the TFG throws in, but I think I would still be too weirded out by the idea to do it.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby benkenobi5 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:18 am

Chaos Priest wrote:because I think of sex as something that should be saved until marriage

hence the body swap option :lol: :shifty:
*I had to remove the Admiral Ackbar Cereal ad... something happened with the link, not sure what, though :( *
BenKenobi5's personal lightsaber. bask in the glory of its awesomeness.
benkenobi5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tricia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:40 am

Shadowmaster M wrote:That's only part of it. You wouldn't actually be a woman no matter how much you look like one. With the CMD you could find out exactly how it feels to be in a woman's body, down to the very chromosomes and that would probably have a big impact.

Sorry, but no. Absence of a Y chromosome doesn't change how you act. A bigger dose of estrogen doesn't change how you act. There are a good number of people that I know that think I act exactly like "one of the guys". Suddenly losing your Y chromosome isn't going to turn you into a legitimate girl, just a convincing-looking copy of one. You're still not going to suddenly have an insight into how girls think, because estrogen doesn't make you think "like a girl". You'll be thinking like you. And depending how you go into the experiment, likely you'll be thinking how you think a girl thinks like.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowmaster M on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:53 am

You don't know that for sure, considering it's never happened. The chromosome swap could drive you stark raving mad, or it could leave you entirely unaffected. Right now it's just a matter of what you think would happen and nobody can really prove their side definitively, unless you've got evidence I'm unaware of. As for thinking like a girl, I just said you'd know what it'd be like to be in a girl's body, not in one's head.

Though I'll admit I did kind of interject into your and Ineluki's conversation about the mental aspect... for that I'm sorry. I'm mostly talking about the physical aspect and you seem to be talking about the mental aspect, so our ends of the discussion don't quite match...
Shadowmaster M
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Free Radical on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Ineluki wrote:Nooo, I'm talking about exactly the same... it just seems we have different approaches to the topic ;)

Ah, fair enough. I still feel as if I'm missing a step in your logic though.

Shadowmaster M wrote:You don't know that for sure, considering it's never happened.

It is possible to infer that it shouldn't work that way from what we know about the way chromosomes and hormones work though.
Free Radical
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowmaster M on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Well... I don't know that much about the way chromosomes and hormones work seeing as I haven't covered it in biology class...

So... er... I guess I'll apologize to Tricia. Sorry for trying to argue without a full and complete understanding of the subject matter.

Still, even though you'd still be thinking your own thoughts, they wouldn't be even a little tinted by the biological differences?
Shadowmaster M
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ineluki on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:17 pm

Shadowmaster M wrote:Though I'll admit I did kind of interject into your and Ineluki's conversation about the mental aspect... for that I'm sorry. I'm mostly talking about the physical aspect and you seem to be talking about the mental aspect, so our ends of the discussion don't quite match...

Psh, think nothing of it. It never was an exclusive discussion or sth... this is a forum after all :P

Free Radical wrote:
Ineluki wrote:Nooo, I'm talking about exactly the same... it just seems we have different approaches to the topic ;)

Ah, fair enough. I still feel as if I'm missing a step in your logic though.

It's hard not to... as hard as it is for me to relay years of thought into several posts ;)

Shadowmaster M wrote:Well... I don't know that much about the way chromosomes and hormones work seeing as I haven't covered it in biology class..

Don't be so quick to dismiss your opinion... we're also talking about the TFGun here which CAN relay stuff like attractions. whether it does that via hormones or sth else is not important, but it can!
Image_Image_Image
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive