TeddxElliot

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Ineluki on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:03 am

Well the Tedd-Ellen relationship is what gives the most hints about Elliot & Tedd. It's 90% between the lines (/between the panels) of course, but there are some pretty dead giveaways. Like: post-photoshoot, panel 2 here...
mmmaybe I shoulda mentioned this earlier...
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
User avatar
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1945
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:38 am
Location: Germany

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 am

Ineluki wrote:Well the Tedd-Ellen relationship is what gives the most hints about Elliot & Tedd. It's 90% between the lines (/between the panels) of course, but there are some pretty dead giveaways. Like: post-photoshoot, panel 2 here...
mmmaybe I shoulda mentioned this earlier...


Yes, these are of vital importance in determining the likelihood of this thing.

Also, more stuff vaguely on topic:
Image
User avatar
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8384
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Ineluki on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Now that I'm rereading the archives once again, I find more stuff, than I thought I would...
7th panel, elliot blushing hard about tedd-on-tedd-hug
last panel, ellen has all of his memories of course and is not afraid to use them!


now, in addition of those to the ones I already mentioned in earlier posts, can somebody still deny Elliot's secret crush? ^^
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
User avatar
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1945
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:38 am
Location: Germany

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nightranger on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:28 pm

I think the blush in this comic you mentioned is more because of the thought of mistaking Tedd in a Sarah clone form for the real Sarah.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.


I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
User avatar
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: where angels fear to tread

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nasrudith on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:06 pm

Nightranger wrote:I think the blush in this comic you mentioned is more because of the thought of mistaking Tedd in a Sarah clone form for the real Sarah.


It could also be him imaging what exactly Tedd would do with that form as well, in privacy that would be several orders of magnitude worse than if he had been keeping the x-ray mode on constantly...
Image
Currently Nass for Sister II.
Vote Dan Shive for president of the united states! Who cares that he is too young to run!
XP: 485
Inventory: Newbie Kit with, TF Gun Kamikaze Add-On. 5 Sharpened Brownies
Favorite EGS Comic
Quotes:
"Please tell me it has nothing to with your current lack of pants."
The Slowly in Progress El Goonish GURPs feedback is appreciated by pm or posts.
User avatar
Nasrudith
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Is that a demonic duck of some kind?

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nightranger on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:48 pm

That's kinda where I was going, except I was thinking more along the lines of what Elliot might do if he were to happen to come across Tedd in a Sarah form and not realize it was Tedd. Say, perhaps, sneaking up behind her and then quickly turning her around and giving her a kiss. We can only speculate on what might happen then...

After being kissed by Elliot, Tedd begins to feel something he never imagined he'd ever feel before. This causes him to feel conflicted, but before long he can't resist trying it again, and tricks Elliot into going out on a date using the Sarah form. Though he is still unable to admit it to even himself, Tedd enjoys spend time with Elliot in this fashion, yet he can't bring himself to actually go through with his plan and runs away before he can once more kiss Elliot. After returning to his house, Tedd locks himself in his room, feeling more conflicted than ever. On one hand, he sees his flight as having finally come to his senses. After all, he's not attracted to guys, and certainly not to Elliot. So why then does he feel this overpowering sense of regret? Weeping from his inner turmoil, Tedd slowly falls asleep. While he sleeps his dreams seem to keep coming back to the time he and Elliot kiss, and the time they spent together during their date. Lying there unconscious, a small, contented smile appears on Tedd's androgynous face. Meanwhile, Elliot is bewildered by "Sarah's" actions. Why did she run away from him when he tried to kiss her? After a period of uncertainty, Elliot decides to call Sarah and ask her what's wrong. However, she denies having even been on a date with him that night. Feeling confused and rejected, Elliot lies awake for hours before finally drifting off to sleep. The next day, Tedd awakes unable to recall any of his dreams, yet feeling strangely refreshed. While none of his inner conflicts have been resolved, they don't seem quite as huge a burden anymore. He resolves to put them behind him, and—absorbed in the comfort of his daily routine—soon forgets about last night's events. Later, Tedd encounters Elliot while on his way to a near-by convenience store. Before he realizes what he’s doing, Tedd grabs Elliot and quickly kisses him on his lips before Elliot can react. After breaking the kiss, Tedd finally realizes what he has just done. They both stare at each other, both shocked beyond words. Then Tedd blushes crimson, and once more he flees to the privacy of his house. Elliot considers pursuing Tedd in order to ask for an explanation, but decides he’s better off for the time being without one. He returns home to attempt to think things through. Back at the Verres residence, Tedd is trembling. He still cannot believe what he’d just done. But there is one thing he can no longer deny—he loves Elliot.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.


I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
User avatar
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: where angels fear to tread

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Ineluki on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:40 am

Heh, nice fanfic, Nightranger. Made me smile :)
In some universe I'm sure that happened... but I don't think in our main one ^^

Seriously now, I'm pretty sure if Elliot would think about Tedd-in-Sarah-Form, and himself mixing him up with the real Sarah... he should be shuddering, not blushing, if my theory was so wrong! :P
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
User avatar
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1945
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:38 am
Location: Germany

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nightranger on Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks! :D

I actually didn't originally intend to write a mini-fic like that. When I started writing that post my only intent was to do a quick bit of wild speculation as to what might happen were such a mix up to occur. Then it just sort of took on a life of its own! It was a lot of fun to write though. One of these days I'm going to have to write a "full size" version of it that developes it a little farther and goes into what happens next!
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.


I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
User avatar
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: where angels fear to tread

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nocturn on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:17 am

Nightranger wrote:Tedd/Elliot fic


<3
Image

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
User avatar
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:46 am

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Haylo on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:45 am

Nightranger wrote:After being kissed by Elliot <huge snip/> he loves Elliot.

Best short fic I've seen in months!
Image .... Image
User avatar
Haylo
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nightranger on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you all liked it.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.


I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
User avatar
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: where angels fear to tread

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby nitpicking on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:43 pm

The inexplicably strong Tedd-Elliot connection doesn't appear to be essentially sexual. Yeah, Beta Tedd and Beta Elliot/Ellen are linked, but Dreamworld-Ellen and Dreamworld-Tedd were close friends without being lovers.

As I posted here a while back, Tedd feels really dependent on Elliot because, until the rescue and befriending, literally his only social contacts for years were with his father and ALIENS. When the strip begins, the only friend he has is still Elliot. Almost the only other person he is on peaceable terms with is Sarah, who he knows through Elliot. It had to really hurt him when Sarah refused to visit his house anymore after the cat incident.

There's a reason why he was more emotional than Sarah when Elliot was rescued, and it isn't just that she's more mature.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Long Island

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Stardrake_ on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 am

nitpicking wrote:The inexplicably strong Tedd-Elliot connection doesn't appear to be essentially sexual. Yeah, Beta Tedd and Beta Elliot/Ellen are linked, but Dreamworld-Ellen and Dreamworld-Tedd were close friends without being lovers.


There are clear signs Dreamworld-Tedd would have preferred otherwise, though - Dreamworld-Ellen was just oblivious.
"The conflict is not between Christianity and Islam or between East and West - instead, it is between stupid people and other stupid people." - Terry Pratchett

AKA Stellar_Dragon (lost when an attempt to change the linked email address went wrong) and Stardrake (obliterated in the Great Keenspot Crash of '03).

People who are fed up with unreadably small font may wish to look here. For those who POST such text, however, this is not an excuse. Surely 6-pt gets the point across without requiring shenanigans to read?
User avatar
Stardrake_
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:40 am
Location: Department of Paranormal Zoology, Magitech Division, Funky Horror

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby broken_hero on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 am

Stardrake_ wrote:There are clear signs Dreamworld-Tedd would have preferred otherwise, though - Dreamworld-Ellen was just oblivious.

After re-reading it, SL Ellen didn't know about it, but our Ellen did after the fact. So, um, I'm not sure if I'm helping your point or arguing it... What I suspect, is that the SL Ellen and Tedd thing was more like Elliot's original plan for dealing with Sarah while dating Nanase; i.e. pretend to not have knowledge about the crush. Maybe.
"There is no creativity in certainty" - Deepak Chopra
Temporarily broken_heroine for the duration of Sister II
broken_hero's bad drawings, via Deviant Art broken_hero's Mayhem wiki Image
broken_hero's rookie webcomic, Khatru
User avatar
broken_hero
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:36 pm
Location: Chicago, IL, home of Da Bears, Da Bulls, Da Hawks, and some baseball teams.

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Nightranger on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:40 pm

It's possible that the SL Tedd and Ellen formed a relationship of the romantic sort after main Ellen's dream-experiences ended. After all, I don't believe that there has every been any indication that the incident with Archie caused SL Ellen to come to realize she's not attracted to men or anything like that. Just because it had that affect on main Ellen doesn't mean it did on SL Ellen aswell.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.


I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
User avatar
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: where angels fear to tread

Re: TeddxElliot

Postby Muninn on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 pm

broken_hero wrote:
Stardrake_ wrote:There are clear signs Dreamworld-Tedd would have preferred otherwise, though - Dreamworld-Ellen was just oblivious.

After re-reading it, SL Ellen didn't know about it, but our Ellen did after the fact. So, um, I'm not sure if I'm helping your point or arguing it... What I suspect, is that the SL Ellen and Tedd thing was more like Elliot's original plan for dealing with Sarah while dating Nanase; i.e. pretend to not have knowledge about the crush. Maybe.


No, I think it might be a little different than that. Look at it this way...

SL.Ellen grew up knowing SL.Tedd. It seems that SL.Tedd had feelings for SL.Ellen from shortly after they met, so SL.Ellen would have just thought that the way he acts when he's around her is the way he always is. Real Ellen, however, has seventeen years worth of memories of Real Tedd. As a result, she can realize that SL.Tedd's behavior is indicative of feelings toward her. Sure, SL.Tedd and Real Tedd aren't the same. Real Tedd gained confidence from working on the TFG. In the SL.Universe, where technology like that isn't a secret and would be worked on by real scientists instead of the 13-year old sons of government agents, Tedd's confidence comes from befriending SL.Ellen and Kaoli at an early age.
They aren't the same situation, but they're similar enough that Ellen can realize the difference in Tedd's feelings [u]when she has memory of both worlds[/b].

I like Noxy's logic, but it doesn't really apply to Tedd. If Tedd was really bisexual, I could see him following something like Nanase's plan for the party. He could openly be attracted to males (especially Grace) without having to let people know that he normally feels that way. If anybody were to confront him on the fact that Tedd seems to be unable to control his urges while nobody else has the same problems while transformed, Tedd could just make up a bunch of random techno-babble about how there are various factors that affect how strongly the TFG works on people. They'd believe him.

Regarding the whole transformation-fetish thing, who knows? Maybe it's the result of his mother leaving. Maybe Tedd's actually a transexual, but is afraid to admit it to himself (or doesn't realize it). Maybe that's just the way he is-- go find a furry-fetishist or a lolicon and ask them why they are the way they are. I suspect that things like that may be similar to the whole homosexuality debate: either it has genetic factors or it's so many little things throughout life that it may as well be genetic, or some combination of the two. Maybe there's a little bit of free will in there, but in the end you can't say "I am going to be sexually attracted to my own gender." You can avoid situations in which you would feel the attraction, but the attraction itself is still there.
"I look forward to the day when the statement 'I'm from the Internet' will be followed by the inquiry 'Really? What part?'"

Molten Blade - Updates Mondays and Fridays
Muninn
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Midwestern United States

 
Previous

Return to El Goonish Shive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron