Make up a story for your username

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Make up a story for your username

Postby eman on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:15 am

In this thread we shall invent (possibly false) stories to explain our wacky usernames. I'll start:

eman is an acronym for

"Eman's My Acronym Name."
eman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: SECRET INVISIBLE ALLCAPS THREAD

Postby Helseth on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:30 am

Helseth is a combination of the names of two evil gods Hel and Seth
(otherwise known as Set) Hel+Seth=Helseth

Hel is the ruler of Hel, the Norse underworld while Seth is the Egyptian god of the desert, storms, and chaos
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
User avatar
Helseth
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:10 am
Location: Several countries away, both pyshicaly and mentaly

Postby Cheez on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:35 am

Cheez is the name of the song I was listening to when I made my first ever forum account, and I've stuck with the name for all other account names since, because its easy to remember.

Yes, I'm boring. No cool story for you.
User avatar
Cheez
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 14752
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 am
Location: Ic gewéne forþý ic béo.

Postby twilightdusk on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:06 am

I tried a few names from other forums I go to first. when thoes didn't work I tried to think of things from my old friend video games to use as a name. I had been playing through the .//hack games so from there I got twilight, and then my character's name in another game I like was dusk. there you go.
Image
Jesse_God_of_Awesome: Poptarts, man. Total firehazard.
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
KillerFish:Gah, conflicted! And drunk!
Mostly drunk.
User avatar
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Darkness surrounding me, exept for the light of the blood-red moon.

Postby Alex_Mage on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:32 am

I've had the name Mage for almost nine or ten years now. I think.

It all started in when I was a young and bored teenager. I was a fan of Pok
Image
User avatar
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: The Land of Dreams and Plush

Postby Cameo on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 am

I basically picked it out of a hat.

Not literally, of course, because I like to carefully choose my username lest I get stuck with something embarrassing, dull, or unlike me for years on end. (All the more so because I once named myself after a brand of toy I liked at the age of nine, then had to endure it for three years because Neopets didn't offer any way to change usernames and I didn't care to start over completely.) I chose it from a list of word names in the baby name book I make frequent reference to for character naming.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
User avatar
Cameo
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 pm
Location: My Face O'Clock

Postby CPUX on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:21 am

CPUX

I saw how it flied like Lucy in the sky. I saw how it ran.

I'm crying.

Actually, I have no idea where the name came from.
User avatar
CPUX
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Under a pile of action figures

Postby Jstone on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:11 am

The story behind my screen name is boring. It's just a shortened version of my last name. :P
Testimonials:
hammerqueen wrote:I am both impressed and mildly concerned.
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
User avatar
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Wherever I am most needed.

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:40 am

I picked the internal network IP of main computer (not the external one the internet sees so trying to trace it is pointless)
I was trying to think up a decant name and that is all I could come up with
FerretBob: The angry young lady with the hammers is 10.0.0.1
Yun in regards to my RP style: Like the RP equivalent of AC/DC... you play the same character every time, but she's a great character, so we don't mind ^_^
BinaryWraith (Steph from classmates): That was wierd. Not 'sweet transvestite' wierd, more 'sitting in a belltower with a rifle, singing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts"' wierd.
binarywraith: What the loligoth. :)
Jonixlord: Does it bother anyone that a girl RPing a guy is getting into a relationship with a guy RPing a girl? just curious.
From Aspects Chapter 8: Ten watched the professor with utmost caution. She trusted this man about as far as she could throw him. Which, given her upper body strength, or lack thereof, wasn’t very far at all.
Yun: Riten himaini ni-Ten, den risenka nige himai (Person-writes not-well Ten, but person-thinks he well)

Kraggi: The fact that you're insulting a majority and not a minority does not make it any more tasteful.
User avatar
10.0.0.1
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11367
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:36 pm
Location: 10.0.0.0/24 subnet of the Mayhem Forum

Postby Antoine Bruce on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:56 am

I actually have an semi-interesting story for mine. In my junior year of high school, I had a video production class, which mainly consisted of us going around the school and filming movies. As in, not news or interviews or things like that, but actual movies. We also learned that you can get away with just about anything if you say it's a video production project, but that's a different story.

So anyway, my duties in all this were camerawork and editing. I rarely if ever acted. Anyway, for one film they wanted me to be an extra, doing things in the background while the main characters talked. But of course, I wanted my role to have more emphasis than that. So here's approximately how the conversation went:

Me: So, what's this guy's deal? What's his role in all this?
Him: Nothing. You're just an extra.
Me: Yeah, but still. Why is this guy here? Who is he? What's his deal?
Him: Nothing! He's just an extra. He doesn't have a point.
Me: Well, I think he should still at least get a name.
Him: Alright, fine. His name is... Bruce.
Me: That's it? Just Bruce?
Him: Okay then, he's... Antoine Bruce. Are you happy now?

Which became by nickname for the rest of high school and my internet alias ever since.
User avatar
Antoine Bruce
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4945
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:24 pm
Location: Fishbrick Nation

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:24 am

Well, I decided to put bunny in it, and, after watching copious amounts of Monty Python and imbibing much delicious sodas, I did decide on psycho_bunny. Only in caps. Just... because.


Ironically, I searched for a good avatar of the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but never found one that I really liked well enough to continue using.

I think I'll go change back to my original Lemony Snicket avatar, now.
User avatar
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8384
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby A Fan on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:15 pm

"A Fan" has been my standard name for webcomic-based forums for over a year, since I first posted on the tagboard of Yami no Tainai. I wanted a suitably anonymous name at the time, and given my diverse interests, it's become rather appropriate.

May and Mal, for those curious, are one-letter variations on my own name.
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
User avatar
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:09 am
Location: In front of a computer

Postby Bainhart on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:07 pm

Bain= Bassist Jimmy Bain

Hart=Emerson Hart from the alternative rock band Tonic.
Last edited by Bainhart on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bainhart
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 3073
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Internet Rehab Group in China. Not working.

Postby Saric Krass on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Saric has been the name of my alter ego for... oh it must be 14-15 years now. About 3-4 years ago I decided he needed a last name and chose Krass because... well... I thought is sounded cool with Saric.

Note: Pronounced Sar-ic Kra-ss.

So ya I've been this weird for years. Get over it. :D
Proud Supporter of The Goblin Defense Fund. Because a Goblin is a terrible thing to waste.

Disciple of Slovotsky's Laws.

Member of the Schlock Mercenaries

Follower of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates
(Rule 1: Pillage, then burn.)

"Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question. Yes is the answer."
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think their out to get you it means you think your important."-Gilbran Quail
"You can never have too many enemies. The more you've got, the more likely they are to get in each other's way."-Jarvin Wallankot
"The insurance companies have prohibited me from -actually- burning people at the stake as a method of greeting, but please assume that such has occurred."-BinaryWraith
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

My Inventory
Saric Krass
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: The shadow in the Warp

Postby eman on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Well, since we're being serious here, I'll give the boring, egotistical truth: My initials are E.E. and I'm male. And that's why my username is eman.

Now, come on guys, let's make up silly stories! It doesn't need to be true to be interesting! Such as:

"eman" = "name" spelled backwards.
(I never even noticed this until someone pointed it out to me, and it's definitely NOT why I have eman as my username.)

Or:

eman is named for the totally obscure energy-being superhero E-Man.
eman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: SECRET INVISIBLE ALLCAPS THREAD


Postby Youwillneverknow on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:53 pm

my names comes from a long history

I was born somewhere in England around 5000 BCE, one day when i was hunting i saw a strange rock fall from the sky. After i saw it a felt as my body had been changed. Later that day i was attacked by a large cat but i did not die, my wounds healed and I recovered. I soon realized that i could not die no matter how hard I tried. I lgrew to accept this. Since then i have seen hundreds of peoples and have learned how to do magnificent things. I have lived many lives and been quite infamous several times over. However when i told a person my story they exiled me. So i hid my power and disappered when my time was up. My username is a manifestation of this ideology You Will Never Know whom i am or who i could be next, i could be the classmate beside you, i could be the hobo you spit on, or i could even be the you

The reason im telling my stroy is you will not believe me
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 11775
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:31 pm

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Scribble_the_Scribe is the penname I used for my drawings log ago and I still use the signature on the few drawing I have. I like it enough to make it my screen name.

Then someone or another started playing a god-like author deity using their username. I think it was Grim. Played lightly, I blew it out of the proportion with the character called 'Jesse, God of Awesome.' When I got a new e-mail, I went ahead and got a new username too, going with that.

Man, that snow balled out of control alot. Still does, but a forum that excepts such snowballing.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
User avatar
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 9257
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:04 pm

Postby Alex_Mage on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:31 am

Okay, this is my real name and I really am a plushie.

I was vacationing down in New Orleans enjoying the sights, when I, for some unknown reason, felt compelled to steal candy from a child. It was that day I was cursed with the form of a plush mage by the Voodoo Zombie Santa Claus (and his side-kick Mecha Jesus Christ). Forever shall I exist in this way, never to rest... Mostly because the kids won't stop bugging me! >.<
Image
User avatar
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: The Land of Dreams and Plush

Postby Guessmyname on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:57 am

True story: my username stems from when we first got broadband access. The first thing we used it for? Playing Halo online. I wanted to just use my own name, but my mother, who is a tad paranoid about the internet and technology in general, said 'No! Don't tell your name to people online! Make something up!' (please note that this was several years ago). Thus...
Cpl Obara of K-Site and the Art Pirates
Joanna Killgore in Elements RP
GM of The W40K Kill Team RP and A Cursed Few RP

Amateur writer and comic artist My Deviant Art Page, The Projector Club

I take refuge in the fact that one of these days, I'm going to snap and kill all of you.
User avatar
Guessmyname
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:10 am

Postby Helseth on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:17 am

<anti>

I am the King of Morrowind banished from my realm and dimesion in a uprising. I found myself in your world and discovered the internet as a means of trying to contact a qualified mage. But your backwards people lack them,so I have made it me new home. plans to conquer it are in the works.

all right neither story is tue
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
User avatar
Helseth
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:10 am
Location: Several countries away, both pyshicaly and mentaly


Postby Cheez on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:23 am

Guessmyname wrote:True story: my username stems from when we first got broadband access. The first thing we used it for? Playing Halo online. I wanted to just use my own name, but my mother, who is a tad paranoid about the internet and technology in general, said 'No! Don't tell your name to people online! Make something up!' (please note that this was several years ago). Thus...


HUh. I always guessed it was because you were a Rolling Stones (Or possibly Guns N Roses) fan.

Anyhoo,

My username is 'Cheez' because I'm an alcoholic with an interesting tattoo.

(1 cool point for you if you know what I'm referring to.)
User avatar
Cheez
Keenspot Deity
 
Posts: 14752
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 am
Location: Ic gewéne forþý ic béo.

Postby kgirl1992 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:39 am

Mines simple my names kate I'm a girl and I was born in 1992 so kgirl1992
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
Image
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
User avatar
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: "growing up" purgatory


 
Next

Return to Mayhem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron