Wowio Torrent?

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

Wowio Torrent?

Postby Otaku Son on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am

Hey. Could someone make a torrent of the webcomics available on Wowio, since Canadians are ineligible for Wowio service for some reason? Preferably Godmode and Sore Thumbs.

Thanks.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dio on Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:13 pm

Seeing as how Verizon watermarks the bottom of a page with our real names... No. It's too much effort to print out the pda, scan them, black out the name, and put them in a rar.

And before you say "Just make up a fake name", the WOWIO service requires you to use a non-anonymous email account, i.e. no Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL etc.
You know what's great about Firefox? The extensions. So far my favorite is the Adblock Plus, which allows me to ignore images just by right-clicking them. Big image? Gone. Annoying animation? Gone. Yaoi/yuri banner? Hmmm.... Not gone. I actually like those. But that crappy Gundam sig to counter yaoi/yuri? Gone. I'm so happy.
Dio
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:05 am

Any reason why Canadians wouldn't be able to use wowio? Doesn't make too much sense.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:18 pm

I don't know. Wowio just says it's only available to U.S. citizens, and apologizes to Canada.

As for the watermarking, who cares? Unless someone gets really anal about "zOMFG WATERMARKS WTF!" Not like it interrupts the reading of the comic.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dio on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Of course not. It interrupts FILE SHARING. Unless you can find someone that doesn't wish to remain anonymous, then kudos to you.
You know what's great about Firefox? The extensions. So far my favorite is the Adblock Plus, which allows me to ignore images just by right-clicking them. Big image? Gone. Annoying animation? Gone. Yaoi/yuri banner? Hmmm.... Not gone. I actually like those. But that crappy Gundam sig to counter yaoi/yuri? Gone. I'm so happy.
Dio
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to God Mode