[DasteRoad's EGS Sims] It lives again! OMG!!!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[DasteRoad's EGS Sims] It lives again! OMG!!!

Postby DasteRoad on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:22 am

Yes, you understood! This thing is ALIVE!!! DasteRoad's EGS Sims are once again available to the world, ain't that great! :D ;)
I made a new thread because it looked like the most logical thing to do. Originally I wanted to upload the Sims' packages to ModtheSims2, but I checked the rules for the uploads and I didn't feel like it, so here we go!

They are in .zip format to allow for a credits file to be attached, so you'll be needing some utility like WinZip or WinRar. Download the file you're looking for, unzip it, then double-click on the .Sims2Pack file to install it. No expansion packs needed.

:: IMPORTANT: Some custom content may require meshes to be used in the game. Meshes are not included, but can be downloaded from the links I provided both in this post and in the text file, where needed. So please check the credits file or the notes in this post before playing.

1. Tedd
Purple hair and eyebrows are made by me, as well as the custom outfit, recoloring the original by Maxis. Custom eyes shown in the pic are not included, since I can't remember where I downloaded them from, so Tedd comes with standard grey eyes. Also, I'd like to note that I don't know what colour Tedd's eyes are, so meh, I went with my imagination.

2. Grace
Everything in this Sim is standard in-game content. I know, she lacks antennae and the ponytail is so small, but alas I'm not a 3D artist (also, all custom "big" ponytails I've found were rather crappy: there was one that looked just perfect on the preview, but, um... splitted in half when you tried to use it in the game O.o').

3. Mr.Verres
Blue hair, eyebrows and moustache are made by me, while everything else is standard Maxis content. Also, like for Tedd, I don't know what colour his eyes are, so I improvised.

4. Elliot
Everything in this Sim is standard in-game content. Those shoes still give me the creeps, however... Maxis' outfits for teen males are really terrible ^^'

5. Ellen
Everything in this Sim is standard in-game content. The custom pants shown in the pic are not included, since they come from a no-longer-available site.

6. Sarah
Everything in this Sim is standard in-game content.

7. Nanase
Custom eyebrows by Helaene. Custom hair by http://www.rose2sims.net (you'll have to download the mesh from here (upper right) for it to appear in the game). The custom miniskirt and lipgloss shown in the preview pic are not included, since they come from a no-longer-available site, so Nanase comes with an in-game miniskirt and a different lipgloss by Helaene.

8. Susan
Everything in this Sim is standard in-game content.

9. Justin
Everything in this Sim is standard in-game content (but he should look even better with Cameo's ginger hair set, found here ;)).

:: TG Versions ::

Group Preview Pic here

1. femTedd
Purple hair made by me, recoloring MorbidFerris' Sophisticate Hair set (no mesh needed). Eyebrows made by me as well, makeup by Helaene.

2. maleGrace
Custom outfit made by me, eyebrows by Helaene. Ponytail for males (fully working *without* University EP) made by Bjelyja at ModtheSims2, recolored by me using her own textures of the female version: you will have to download the ponytail for males mesh here for it to show in the game (only the 'Bjelyja_HairTailMENLegolas.rar' file, unless you're also interested in the female version). A little note must be made about the hair: the mesh is slightly flawed, so you'll probably see a little 'gap' in the forehead in the teen version (the gap remains there in the adult version, but it's less noticeable). But again, peeps, I have no expansion packs and this was the best I found.

3. femElliot
Custom hair was downloaded from Sims2Sisters (you'll have to download Plicka's extra long hair mesh for it show in the game).

4 -> 6. maleSarah, maleNanase, femJustin
Everything in these Sims is standard in-game content.

7. maleSusan
Custom outfit made by me, everything else is standard in-game content.
Yay for deviantArt! :: Current avatar courtesy of vampiress_kat :: WerePigeon467 is my sister. Yep, really! ^^

My EGS Fanfics :: Every Time She Closed Her Eyes :: Nothing at All
My EGS Sims :: It lives again! There's a brand new thread! OMG!!!
DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Piebunny on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:40 am

Huzzah! This calls for a celebration!
That goat came to me of its own free will.

ImageImage

My buttons have imploded the universe 4 times.
Author of Do the Seconding!
(I take no credit for the Seconding itself; that belongs to ProfessorTomoe.)
Not to mention The Ed Bunny Mysteries!
Hey! I do MSTs! Check 'em out now, funk soul siblings!

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Illusionist on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:58 am

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Sarah in particular is really good.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby azrael_2001 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:40 am

ImageSusan
*sigh*

What, you wanted coherent debate?
Actually, Grace is pretty cute too, but you seem to have a pretty good handle on what makes Grace hawt in all your artings, so I am less than surprised...:P
“Onward to Victory!”
Azrael, Colony Leader, Victory Colony.
Resident Evil Chocolatier and Mad Geneticist.
Bearer of the Ring of Creativity and of the Ring of Intelligence.
Pre-pre-orders for Felis jeremiah specimens now closed! Sorry folks!
There is no DGMP conspiracy. And I am certainly not member #1427.
azrael_2001
Keenspot Despot

Postby Teleros on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 am

Very nice stuff there Daste :D . Not a Sims player myself, but my little sister is... might direct her to those at some point :) .
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 pm

they look pretty good (to bad I dont have the game :()
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Primus Lune on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:01 pm

*gasp* awesomeness!!!! I love the Nanase one ♥ they're all great but Nanase is my favorite lol.
Primus Lune
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to El Goonish Shive