Armistice Day

Comics, animations and games aimed at twisted people like you!

Moderator: Alan Foreman

Armistice Day

Postby Tom Radigan on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 am

Now known as Veteran's Day on the US and Rememberance Day in Canada, it commemorates the end of World War One on November 11, 1918 at 11:00am. I wonder if Britain celebrates it too? Perhaps not, because though they technically won, it ushered in a period of great social disillusionment as was taught to us in our high school English literature classes.
Tom Radigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Looney left on Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Oh yes. I vividly recal being a member of the youth wing of my town council, and laying the wreath at the cenataf. My eyes were watering very badly from alergic rhynitus, and this showed. "Are you ok?" asked the major "Yes, I'm just overcome with patriotism sir!" was my reply.

It's not really a clebration, there's a two minuite silence in all public places, and then everyone gets back to their lives. I was reading the new scienticst at 11:00PM this morining, and laughing uproariously.
Freedom, for the supporters of the governement, no matter how numerous they may be, is not freedom at all, freedom is always and exlusivly, freedom for the one who thinks diferently.
Looney left
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Alan Foreman on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:21 pm

I observed the minutes silence. I was asleep at 11am
"Any sufficiently long-lived webcomic eventually starts giving its characters storylines and plots, slowly weeding out the jokes in favour of "character building", which basically means three panels of intentionally unfunny shit" - Encyclopedia Dramatica

-Al

Image Image Image Image
Alan Foreman
Keenspot Despot

Return to Poisoned Minds