Just so you know...

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Just so you know...

Postby Yawnitz on Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:54 pm

My vote is on Marshall relenting. I don't think he'll stick to his guns under this much pressure.
Yes, I do think skunks are cute.
Yawnitz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby willow_41z on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:12 pm

Well, it looks like Karen has finally gotten the idea that pressuring him will not necessarily achieve her goals, so there might not be anything for him to resist, at least until he explains to her.
willow_41z
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Just so you know...

Postby iRobot on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:00 pm

Yawnitz wrote:My vote is on Marshall relenting. I don't think he'll stick to his guns under this much pressure.

I don't know. He could give in, he could issue forth with an expository monologue, or he could just walk away. I think the best thing for Karen would be the explanation (whether or not he ends the relationship after that). The worst thing he could do (for either of them) is give in (though walking away is a close second).
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:17 am

iRobot wrote:The worst thing he could do (for either of them) is give in (though walking away is a close second).

Nope. The WORST thing he could do is explain her in a musical number, with the rest of the guys that were in the shower, dancing in the background covered in towels. :wink:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby iRobot on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:34 am

atristain wrote:
iRobot wrote:The worst thing he could do (for either of them) is give in (though walking away is a close second).

Nope. The WORST thing he could do is explain her in a musical number, with the rest of the guys that were in the shower, dancing in the background covered in towels. :wink:

:o
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Saint_37 on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:57 am

I personally hope he dumps that stupid tramp.
There is never a need to outrun anything you can outwit.

The madness drives me away only to lure me back again.

"I am posting in this high quality thread."
Saint_37
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Archon Divinus on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:28 am

atristain wrote:

Actually, I think that's the best thing that could happen, though not for Karen of course.
Archon Divinus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby oddtail on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:46 am

iRobot wrote:
atristain wrote:

:o

Actually, the worst of worst would not include towels.

But I agree, it depends on the POV. I, myself, wouldn't mind ;).

Just kidding :wink: (or am I?)
oddtail
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby willow_41z on Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:06 pm

atristain wrote:

I'll see you your musical number with towels and raise you one interpretive dance. ;-)
willow_41z
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Sebastian on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:06 pm

willow_41z wrote:
atristain wrote:

I'll see you your musical number with towels and raise you one interpretive dance. ;-)

Oh, God, that bring back memories. :)
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby atristain on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:55 pm

Sebastian wrote:
willow_41z wrote:I'll see you your musical number with towels and raise you one interpretive dance. ;-)

Memories? Well, perhaps one of you could be too kind to explain me since it looks you're waaaaay ahead of me.

BTW, since I was listening to Meat Loaf, I think the perfect song fpr that number would be Paradise By The Dashboard Light, starting from the Radio Broadcast part and Marshall singing the part of the girl.
EDIT: (Note:Not a 'Marshall is gay' comment)
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby iRobot on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:16 pm

atristain wrote:BTW, since I was listening to Meat Loaf, I think the perfect song fpr that number would be Paradise By The Dashboard Light, starting from the Radio Broadcast part and Marshall singing the part of the girl.

This is me LMAO. :lol:
Kyn
-----
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby El Durazno Muerte on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:22 pm

I dunno. Surrounding her with dancing, naked men while Marshall sings in soaring soprano would be pretty bad, but leaving might be the worst thing he could do if the ninjas attack like I'm predicting. Karen looks pretty defenseless, and I don't think she could catch a shuriken in that state.

Wily ninjas. You never know where they'll pop up next.
El Durazno Muerte
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby iRobot on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:35 pm

El Durazno Muerte wrote:I dunno. Surrounding her with dancing, naked men while Marshall sings in soaring soprano would be pretty bad, but leaving might be the worst thing he could do if the ninjas attack like I'm predicting. Karen looks pretty defenseless, and I don't think she could catch a shuriken in that state.

Wily ninjas. You never know where they'll pop up next.

No, no.... The ninja pop in to capture Marshall (because he turned down the advances of their ninja princess) right in the middle of him explaining to Karen that while he loves her but is unsure that she loves him for who he really is and just because he can make one helluva extra-lean turkey sandwich. To shocked by the revelation, Karen is helples as the ninja spirit him away.....

But Karen's expression darkens as she vows revenge upon the dreaded ninja clan and swears to rescue her beloved effeminate master of Healthy Turkey Ryuu......

Or maybe not.
Kyn
-----
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ivy-chan on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:37 pm

Man, I'm picturing hordes of Herbal Essence men swarming the room now, and being combated by the Tresemme sopranos. :o
ivy-chan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby El Durazno Muerte on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Man, I'm picturing hordes of Herbal Essence men swarming the room now, and being combated by the Tresemme sopranos.

(In piercing, shrieking soprano)
"MORRRRRTALLLLL KOOOOOOOOMBAAAAAAAAAAT!!"
Budun budun budun budun baaaah-bum, budun budun budun budun baaaah-bum!

Uh... wow. And if the Herbal Essence men came, I guess we'd find out Marshall's orientation really quick, wouldn't we? (I pull for straight, personally, but I suck at predicting things in this strip.)
El Durazno Muerte
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:44 am

Why is everyone mentioning Sopranos?

Is the mafia interested in "taking over the bussiness"?
Or perhaps Tony will come in to offer Marshall a proposal for Charisma that "she can't refuse"?
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sebastian on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:16 am

atristain wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
willow_41z wrote:I'll see you your musical number with towels and raise you one interpretive dance. ;-)

Memories? Well, perhaps one of you could be too kind to explain me since it looks you're waaaaay ahead of me.

Well, I am not even sure if Willow and I are thinking to the same thing. I am thinking to a particolar episode of a previous comic of T Campbell, Faans. Let's just say it was an "you had to be there" moment. If you didn't read it is impossible to explain and if you read it you should know what I'm talking about, the "interpretative dance" scene is impossible to forget (no matter how hard you try ;) )
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby willow_41z on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:24 pm

Sebastian wrote:
atristain wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

Well, I am not even sure if Willow and I are thinking to the same thing. I am thinking to a particolar episode of a previous comic of T Campbell, Faans. Let's just say it was an "you had to be there" moment. If you didn't read it is impossible to explain and if you read it you should know what I'm talking about, the "interpretative dance" scene is impossible to forget (no matter how hard you try ;) )

No, I wasn't thinking of Fans, just interpretative dance in general.
willow_41z
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mutttley on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:37 am

Sebastian wrote

Well, I am not even sure if Willow and I are thinking to the same thing. I am thinking to a particolar episode of a previous comic of T Campbell, Faans. Let's just say it was an "you had to be there" moment. If you didn't read it is impossible to explain and if you read it you should know what I'm talking about, the "interpretative dance" scene is impossible to forget (no matter how hard you try )

Actually, the chapter holds up pretty well on its own. It helps if you know Tim's background, but it isn't essential.

http://www.graphicsmash.com//comics/fan ... &name=fans
Mutttley
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sebastian on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:27 am

Mutttley wrote:Actually, the chapter holds up pretty well on its own. It helps if you know Tim's background, but it isn't essential.

http://www.graphicsmash.com//comics/fan ... &name=fans

Thanks, if I knew it was one of the free chapters I'd have posted the link myself. :) .
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby TCampbell on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:15 pm

They're all free.
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:48 am

It is? Cool.

Also, Rumy is awesome.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Return to Penny and Aggie