I'm very angry today. . .

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

I'm very angry today. . .

Postby DocForbin on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:40 am

. . .and do you know why I'm angry?

BECAUSE THE ADIRONDACK FROSTBITE ARE LEAVING TOWN, THAT'S WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

Just like Michael "Traitor" Ilitch before them, Barry Melrose and Steve Levy broke their word about keeping the Frostbite in town, just like Ilitch pulled the Adirondack Red Wings out of Glens Falls without warning.

All the rasn' frasn' details here.

I think the real reason why the Frostbite bit it was that the UHL sucks compared to the quality of play the AHL had. You can put a cheap brand of beer in a bottle of the more expensive kind, and try to pass it off as such, but the real fans won't be fooled.

I think what Glens Falls Mayor LeRoy Akins, Jr. should do now is what his predecessor Bob Regan failed to do--bring back an AHL team to the area. Before anyone whines "It can't be done," just look what happened in Binghamton. They had to suffer with that crappy BC Icemen team for a few years after the Rangers moved their AHL affiliate to Hartford, then the Ottawa Senators brought their affiliate in.

Maybe Josh can give my area a few pointers about what Binghamton did right so we can bring back an AHL team to Glens Falls NOW.

As that guy in Network said, "I'm as mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

I WANT THE AHL BACK IN GLENS FALLS NOW!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Peter W. Guerin
docforbin@hotmail.com
DocForbin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:52 am

Sorry to say I know not your woes as I live in Columbus where we have a rather well established NHL team.

OK, so they aren't the best of teams, and haven't made it to the playoffs yet, but every game is a sellout, and that all that matters when it comes to the owners deciding the fate of their team.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Return to Avalon