Sleeper cylon

A zany geek soap opera full of bizarre characters, a sentient slime mold or two, and more jokes than you can shake a 10Base-T networking card at.

Moderators: stjen, Lady_Phoenix, jtdarlington, MaxJenius, kmd

Sleeper cylon

Postby Bobthespirit on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 pm

Meaningless nitpicky comment I'm only making as a geek because I'm bored:

If Dex was a real super-geek, he would know that you could easily find spoilers for upcoming already-filmed episodes among the fan community! :D

Well, at least, I know how looselipped the Stargate producers are. Ron Moore probably less, but..come on. If any known character is a cylon sleeper agent, it's already gotten out to someone. If Dex wanted to know, he wouldn't need spy equiptment to find out.
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jtdarlington on Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:24 am

Let me review my checklist... so the Year Eight timeline is now triple-encrypted with three different GnuPG keys, stored in a read-only TrueCrypt volume on a CD-R which is locked in a biometric-locked safe buried in the back yard and guarded by six rapid wombats. That ought to protect it for the time being. Now... if I can only remember how Chapter Six begins again.... :shifty:
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby Rombobj on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:42 pm

Don't worry Jeff, there's no need to go for the spade to look up chapter six. Just undelete the working copy on your hard disk.
TANSTAAFQ
Rombobj
Keenspot Despot

Postby Bobthespirit on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:58 pm

Heh.

Actually, I just went to a BSG forum to ask a question about why a particular cylon wasn't present in today's episode.

One of the thread titles:

"New Cylon Revealed!! (Spoilers)"

Yeah..people know a *lot* if they want to.
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby stjen on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:17 am

jtdarlington wrote:Let me review my checklist... so the Year Eight timeline is now triple-encrypted with three different GnuPG keys, stored in a read-only TrueCrypt volume on a CD-R which is locked in a biometric-locked safe buried in the back yard and guarded by six rapid wombats. That ought to protect it for the time being. Now... if I can only remember how Chapter Six begins again.... :shifty:

Rapid wombats? I though they were rather slow creatures...? :wink:
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rombobj on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:59 am

Of course they have to be rapid. Slow wombats wouldn't be any good as guards.
TANSTAAFQ
Rombobj
Keenspot Despot

Postby jtdarlington on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:37 am

Ah, my mistake. I meant to type rabid instead of rapid. But rapid wombats will still be useful; perhaps they'll just run over any intruders with excessive speed. If I can get my hands on some rapid rabid wombats, I'll happily upgrade.
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby Tychomonger on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Rapid wombats look just like regular wombats, except their hair has turned blue after breaking the sound barrier for the first time.
I am a Dragon Quest fanboy.
Tychomonger
Keenspot Despot

Location: Beside myself (astral projection or emotion? you decide!)

Postby kiga on Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:40 pm

[quote="Rombobj
Kevin Iga
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2
kiga
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lindley on Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:03 am

Bobthespirit wrote:Heh.

Actually, I just went to a BSG forum to ask a question about why a particular cylon wasn't present in today's episode.

One of the thread titles:

"New Cylon Revealed!! (Spoilers)"

Yeah..people know a *lot* if they want to.

Sometimes that's misleading, though. Prior to "Downloaded" (this past week's ep in the US), there were lots of
"Baltar is a Cylon!" spoilers floating around on TrekBBS. That, of course, turned out to be completely wrong.
"Every minute you keep River Tam from me, more people will die."
-Serenity trailer
Lindley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HackOfAllTrades on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:10 pm

I didn't even have to see the "spoilers." Just seeing the episode, I knew that was the sort of thing that some people were going to get out of it, nevermind the fact that it wouldn't make any sense for Baltar to be a cylon. (Half the point of the character is that he's a human who betrayed his own people and has spent every moment since then, living under a cloud of fear that his betrayal would be discovered. Making him a cylon sleeper agent would be an uncharactistically lousy plot twist for the show.)
"There's nothing wrong with falling down, as long as you end up just two inches taller when you pick yourself up off the floor." - John Sheridan
HackOfAllTrades
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bobthespirit on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 am

Actually, I once speculated that Baltar was a cylon who didn't know he was a cylon, but who had no sleeper agent hidden programming.

Like, maybe they created him in an effort to make a cylon feel love, living among humans. And, my original #6 visions spec was that she somehow downloaded into his brain when her body died, but this week's episode blows that completely out of the water too.

But, in the BSG board, there was also a thread title which posed a question, with the presupposition that they had factual information about something that hasn't been revealed in the show yet.

It's strange...#6 and Baltar are having visions of each other, but they're both persuading each other in opposite philosophical directions.

Now I'm wondering if they are, as Baltar's #6 claimed 'Messengers from God', but there are actually two opposing godly forces at work. And now that this week's episode introduced that 'Individualism vs Collectivism' idea, I'm wondering if one's the Individualist God and one's the Collectivist God, and it was the Collectivist God who led the cylons to attack, and the Individualist God who's helping the fleet survive.

At least, that speculation would be consistant with the kind of stuff Moore came up with in DS9 and Carnivale. With the Prophets and Pah'Wraiths.
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bobthespirit on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:19 am

Oh, by the way, I went to the BSG forum to ask if they know if season 2 will be eventually released in one set, and here's some thread titles:

"Don't go to Scifi BSG site if you don't want to know who wins the election : ("

"Why all the spoilers?"
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to General Protection Fault