[3:160] So beautiful, and yet... so... WRONG...

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby Tangent on Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:58 am

bunnyThor wrote:
Tangent wrote:Josh? Welcome back. :) You'll be getting a Tangent (on-line review) tomorrow. Hopefully at the Tangents site, but considering Panel2panel is currently FUBAR (hard drive crash), more than likely at my Livejournal backup. I'll post the URL when its done.

I was rather wondering not only what happened to the Tangents site but when you would draw attention thereon to the return of "Avalon". Hopefully it will spread the word wide when the review goes up, as I'd imagine the return of regular readers stands only at a trickle at the moment. :) (For a start, "Avalon" is still listed under "Ended comics" on the Keenspot front pages.)

Yeah, we had our first significant problem with this server. Naturally, as is wont with these problems, it happened on a weekend. (Have massive network problems ever happened on weekdays? Not including forum crashes, of course...) Fortunately, the server ninjas were able to fix it fairly quickly on Monday and restored everything, even my most recent Tangents.

To be honest, I've been half-expecting this to get snarked. Originally I was going to write a Sunday Tangent... but I came down with a stomach bug and was sick as a very sick person (why do they say sick as a dog? My dog is seldom sick...) and not really up to doing much of anything but worshipping the Porcelin Goddess. (Still not at 100%. Closer to 50%. If that high. But I'll probably feel better in a little bit.) So I'm kinda glad this tangent glided in under the Snarkage Radar (we kind of hit S*P at the same time on Friday night/Sat. morning).
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby svenman on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:15 am

MarkusN wrote:
svenman wrote:Cut me some slack, man, it was a hurried post in the morning just before heading out for work.

Sorry if that came over snarky. I have probably looked at "BUTTSEKS" over at the errantstory forums one too many times.

In fact, my retort probably came over snarkier than I'd intended. Avalon's back, we're all happy, aren't we? Hugs for everyone! :)
svenman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Josh Phillips on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:29 am

Mcfarlane Salsa wrote:KHAN!

Wait, what?

LOL

Tangent wrote:To be honest, I've been half-expecting this to get snarked.

Hey, I ignore Websnark, and Websnark ignores me. I figure we're both happier that way. ;-)

JOSH.
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mr Myth on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:59 pm

Josh Phillips wrote:Hey, I ignore Websnark, and Websnark ignores me. I figure we're both happier that way. ;-)

JOSH.

I'm just eager to see more publicity for the return - I know it caught me by surprise, and I'm sure there are plenty others out there still missing out.

Regardless, it is damn good to have Avalon back!
Mr Myth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby K A H on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:43 pm

And, dragging this thread sideways through a hedgerow relative to where it had been going for the past few posts....

Spaceman42 wrote:Need me to host anything, KAH?

Most probably - I haven't recorded the new piece yet and probably won't have a chance until this weekend, and even when I do I'd imagine there won't be many listeners, but just in case there are.... on a related note (no pun intended), to finally shut the book on the first collection of pieces (the character sketches for Helene, Alan, Phoebe, Ryan, and Deirdre and the overture, interlude, and finale), I'll probably also re-record Alan's character sketch in its entirety (the two recordings now available comprise the beginning and end of the final version and the middle, which I composed after the first draft). And as I haven't said it for a while, thanks very much for hosting the MP3s for all these years, especially through the hiatus when interest in them must have dropped to zero!

Perhaps as the readers return, the number of listeners might require more than one hand to count. Even if it doesn't, Sir Josh has summoned the energy to push "Avalon" through to completion. The least I can do is apply a similar level of energy to my homage to it.

K.A.H.
An unworthy homage though it undeniably is!
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ravenb on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:37 am

K A H wrote:An unworthy homage though it undeniably is!

Bulls*%t. Sd'A is one of the most bloody brilliant bits of fandom I've ever witnessed, and it's a musical achievement in its own right. I still keep the mp3s on my iPod -- have kept them there since I got the thing, even when I thought Avalon was gone forever -- because they're wonderful bits of composition that capture the characters very well. I wish I could have come up with something as ruddy magnificent as this. So don't you dare make any pretensions toward false modesty. :D
"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby Spaceman42 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:54 am

Well, if and when you have anything that needs hosting, email it to my "storage" email at no.such.email [Gmail address, right]. No worries.

And even without regular updates - 2/3 hits a week. Surprising, no?
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Avalon