Bunny Leveling System Version 2.9 - Gold Status Update 7/06

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby Lomgren on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:29 pm

from what I understand, in the current system you actually get 10 points. That's a bit of a problem, which is why I think the best compromise is (lastpage - entry page).
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
My inventory ... Where I finished reading carrot..?
Avatar drawn by KillerFish, colored by me. Thanks!
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby Talauna on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:35 pm

the whole idea is to make the Game Exp easy for people to do... but no matter what you guys wanna make it alot harder then it is ;-P

I have been trying to make it "easy" so that people will be more willing to get involed into it... But noooo! ;-P

Ok, if you wanted it to be hard ;-P

The Worst, and most time consumeing woudl be:
You can only count the pages that you post on.
so if you posted on 5 pages out of 100 pages, you only get 1 Exp...

it makes it like useless to play in the game's eh?
Keeper of theBunny Leveling 1050 XP
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
And I take the first step of a million more
And I'll make mistakes I've never made before
But at least I'm moving forward
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lomgren on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:39 pm

well, that's why there is the compromise idea... lastpage-entrypage on a game, which is really simple still... so if you entered on page 100, and the game was at 200, you'd get 100 pages.

and I agree that it really is time consuming, and I know AP knows it even more.
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:57 pm

Yes, ignore my bias towards the 'every single page seperately' thing.
I make things hard becuase I'm a mircomanager and favor complete accuracy.
If you make it easier, I'm sure everyone will be happier.
So... erm.. I'm basically aying don't listen to me please.
Stop it.
Now.

I feel the (total pages - starting page) will be good enough for most people to work with.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Platinum Dragon on Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:12 pm

I've been going about it the same way as AP, and probably still will. For those who couldn't be bothered though, I'm good with the 'from your first post in a topic onwards' system.
I have a signiature. Look, isn't it shiny?
Thanks Weep for the banner.

More valuable than gold,
Shinier than dark-iron,
More chemically resilient than silver,
Less hard edges than adamantine....
Frickin' mithril... some kinda ubermetal, why I aughtta!.
Platinum Dragon
Keenspot Despot

Location: South. No, further south. No, souther than th- too far! Too south, you're going north again! *slap*

Postby Jake R on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:52 pm

Where, and how, should I keep track of my exp?

Oh, and... *Glomps Platinum Dragon* that's another 5 exp! xD

Btw, on glomping: 'first glomp to a newbie'... that means: 'being the first person to glomp a newbie', right? And 'the next 4 glomps' means 'being one of the next 4 persons to glomp the newbie'? Also, does it stack with the 'glomp random person'? After glomping 3 newbies on 1 day, can you still glomp 3 random people? And if you glomp a newbie twice on one day, would it count for glomping a newbie and then glomping a random person?

... god, I love glomping! =D
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby eternaljwh on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:55 pm

Yes, yes, think so, now you're just getting greedy.
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Location: Utilizing cartoon physics to stay hanging one foot below the end of my rope.

Postby Jake R on Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:23 pm

eternaljwh wrote:Yes, yes, think so, now you're just getting greedy.

If I was, I'd glomp you. I'm just curious, is all. =P
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Talauna on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:21 pm

Jake R wrote:Btw, on glomping: 'first glomp to a newbie'... that means: 'being the first person to glomp a newbie', right? And 'the next 4 glomps' means 'being one of the next 4 persons to glomp the newbie'? Also, does it stack with the 'glomp random person'? After glomping 3 newbies on 1 day, can you still glomp 3 random people? And if you glomp a newbie twice on one day, would it count for glomping a newbie and then glomping a random person?

Ok, Its a newbie, first post, you give the first glomp, you get that Exp, ontop of that, you also get the exp for one of the glomps you get exp for that day...

If the Newbie has already been given there first glomp, and you are one of the people who glomp with in the next 4, you get the Next 4 Glomps on a newbie, and the dayly Glomp exp...

The Exp does stack like that,

So even if you wanted to go overboard, and design and color a picture of glomping each newbie, and post that, and be the first person to glomp that newbie, you would get First newbie Glomp Exp, Random Glomp Exp, Colored Picture Exp. but that would be overboard ;-P

anti-paragon wrote:I feel the (total pages - starting page) will be good enough for most people to work with.

Ok, you guys talked me into it. I will change the Game Exp to this.

The Game exp is the only part of Exp that has been changed so much, and discussed so much ;-P but i guess it could be conisdared a vital part of the Exp... Well to some people anyway.

Anything else left that we need to update/change/disscuse/add?
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lomgren on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:30 pm

Talauna wrote:
Ok, Its a newbie, first post, you give the first glomp, you get that Exp, ontop of that, you also get the exp for one of the glomps you get exp for that day...

The Exp does stack like that

I didn't realize that... so it might be a good idea to label just what xp stacks with other xp.
Talauna wrote:
anti-paragon wrote:I feel the (total pages - starting page) will be good enough for most people to work with.

Ok, you guys talked me into it. I will change the Game Exp to this.

The Game exp is the only part of Exp that has been changed so much, and discussed so much ;-P but i guess it could be conisdared a vital part of the Exp... Well to some people anyway.

Anything else left that we need to update/change/disscuse/add?

I think that's about it, other than labeling which xp stacks with other xp. And thanks for making the game xp clearer :).
Image Image
Image Image
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby Talauna on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:45 pm

Lomgren wrote:I didn't realize that... so it might be a good idea to label just what xp stacks with other xp

As of right now all Exp Stacks...

Im planning on makeing a admentment on the Creation that if its a join effort (like the Videos has) everyone shares Exp, with a Min exp, so if Max is 100 solo. but if 20 people work on it, everyone gets at least 10 exp out of it

the reason why i want to put a Min, is because one day i could see us makeing a Picture Game, one person makes a picture, and the next person modifiys it somehow, and then the next person does the same, around the same Theam. so that if it ends up being 100 posts long, its a join effot, and no one is getting .0001 exp points from it...
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lomgren on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:54 pm

But aren't avatars counted separately and don't stack with colored pictures?
Image Image
Image Image
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby FerretBob on Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:21 pm

Ok. It's worth 400 points so. I've done a song (shameless plug for comments you can find it here) and it's completely instrumental. Obviously that's not sung but it has been played and recorded. Do I get my full quota of 400 or am I stunted?
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams"

"Some people never go crazy... What truly boring lives they must lead" - Blackie Lawless
FerretBob
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Talauna on Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:42 pm

Lomgren wrote:But aren't avatars counted separately and don't stack with colored pictures?

See this is why i like people watching my back...

No Avys and Pictures do not stack, it is eather a Avy (w/in forum rules for Avy size) or a Picture. Thanks for bringint that up..

FerretBob wrote:Ok. It's worth 400 points so. I've done a song and it's completely instrumental. Obviously that's not sung but it has been played and recorded. Do I get my full quota of 400 or am I stunted?

I would Consider that an Song... Now this is something i can add to the update, I can specify a "Instrumental" song, and a "lyrical" song. Thus, when you do add Lyrics and have a Singer for it and you mix it tograther you get exp for the "new" song andf the "old" song... The reason for this is because some people enjoy just doing Instrumental... Which is just fine ;-)

Now if you do a instrumental, and someone barrows it and add's lyrics, you get full exp off the Instrumental music, and go half on the lyrical song

Good cetch on that ;-)

Keep up asking questions, each question allows us to go one more step to Gold!
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jake R on Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:53 pm

Well, my answer on where (and somewhat, how, but I guess the answer is 'do it yourself, grab a calculator and take notes and whatever, we'll just trust you on your fair judgement!') I should keep track of my scores has not yet been answered... I guess I should just put my list of exp on a random location, perhaps a post in this topic, perhaps on a piece of paper on my desk, doesn't really matter?

Also, excuse me, but...

*Glomps Talauna* (+5 exp)

... that goo freaks me out! I need 100+ exp quickly! ;_;
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby eternaljwh on Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:55 pm

You should notice that the easiest exp comes from spawncamping the noob thread, unless you have massive art skills. Also, posting your calculations here gets you 25 exp (or did, he might've changed that number...)
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Location: Utilizing cartoon physics to stay hanging one foot below the end of my rope.

Postby Jake R on Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks for the info! *Glomps eternaljwh out of gladness* (Yay!).

Here are my calculations so far:

Post Count Exp:

(3031 atm)

* The first 100 Posts: 50 Exp
* The next 100 Posts: 25 Exp
* For each set of 100 Posts after that you get 5 Exp each set (28): 140 Exp

= 215 Exp

Bunny Age

* For the First half-year you have been a bunny: 25 Exp
* For the Next half-year you have been a bunny: 50 Exp
* For each half-year after the first two you receive (2, 75 Exp each): 150 Exp

= 225 Exp

Newbie Intro Thread Exp:

* The First Glomp to a newbie (27, 15 Exp each): 405 Exp
* The next Four Glomps to a Newbie (11, 5 Exp each): 55 Exp
* The First Intro package to a Newbie (30, 25 Exp each): 750 Exp

= 1210 Exp

Specializing Bunny Exp:

* If you become a member of the Glomp Patrol: 50 Exp
* If you become a Bunny Artist: 50 Exp
* If you become a Bunny Avatar: 50 Exp

= 150 Exp

EGS Items:

* Own the First book: 50 exp
* Own the Second book: 75 Exp
* Exp bonus for owning both books: 25 Exp

= 150 Exp

Comic Exp:

* Create a STORY thread: 15 Exp

= 15 Exp

Photo / Picture Creations:

* Color/Shaded Picture: 100 Exp

= 100 Exp

* For the First 10 EGS related Avatars (1, 20 Exp each): 20 Exp

= 20 Exp

Misc Creation Exp:

* The first Chapter/Short story to/of a FanFic: 150 Exp

= 150 Exp

Game Exp:

(And because life's a game, screw that some of these might not actually be games; games have been played in pretty much all of the bigger topics anyway. Plus, I'm not gonna draw the line between 'having fun' and actually 'playing a game'.)

* Creating a Game that expands beyond 5 Pages (2, 25 exp each): 50 Exp
* Creating a Successful Game (40+ pages): 75 Exp

* For Every set of Three (3) Pages of a game, after the point of the said bunny joining that Thread: 1 Exp ->

- Last post loses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: 13 -> 124 = 112 pages, 112/3 = 37 Exp
- Music Association Topic! (a.k.a. the MAT!): 1 -> 141 = 141 pages, 141 / 3 = 47 Exp
- Last post wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: 1172 -> 3188 = 2017 pages, 2017 / 3 = 672 Exp
- Let's Count to a Million!!!: 358 -> 1318 = 961 pages, 961 / 3 = 320 Exp
- carrot..?: 862 -> 1939 = 1078 pages, 1078 / 3 = 359 Exp
- Why should the last poster be banned?: 474 -> 1654 = 1181 pages, 1181 / 3 = 394 Exp
- Say something about the last poster!: 802 -> 1424 = 623 pages, 623 / 3 = 208 Exp

Combined: 2037 Exp

= 2162 Exp

Misc Exp:

* Ninja posting (15, 5 exp each): 75 exp
* Adding One Extra item to a Newbie Kit (27x 10 Exp): 270 exp
* Posting this list here: 25 exp
* Random Glomps, (60, 5 Exp each): 300 exp

= 670 Exp

215 + 225 + 1210 + 150 + 150 + 15 + 100 + 20 + 150 + 2162 + 670 =
TOTAL: 5067 Exp!
Last edited by Jake R on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 64 times in total.
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby eternaljwh on Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:29 pm

It is 25 exp, it's at the bottom under Misc. Exp. But you only get it once, obviously, or you could...heck, you could just spam this thread and get 25/post!

Be warned: people tend not to like people who go Glomp! [+ exp!]
ImageI will put the knife down when I'm done with it.Image

*Dingledy-dongledy*
EGS forum status: 7730 or 9850 bp, level 17: Unextraordinary Bunny (or nineteen)
ImageImage
f-portrait by MOOMANiBE, Finals Ninja Animation

"Sorry, but I need to go be hot wet and naked for a bit."--Valgaav
Quotes about me
"perverted ninja of dooooooooom!"--Lomgren
"You ... are pure evil. In a good way."--Random_Sage
"You're a sick little puppy EJ. In a good way."--Platinum Dragon
"CURSE YOU, PERVY AQUATIC TENTACULAR NINJA!!!" --VOR
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Postby Talauna on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:08 pm

eternaljwh wrote:Be warned: people tend not to like people who go Glomp! [+ exp!]

ya, we had a few peopel who did that at the start, and because its suppost to be fun, we kinda stoped doing that...

I was consdiering make a post on the mayhem fourm for people to post there Exp and total ammounts in one thread w/out cloging up other threads and its all in one central location... But i have no idea if that would cetch on or not, and i dont wanna force people to post there but it would be Easyer to keep track of it all and update your own post
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lomgren on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:10 pm

been tried at least twice, once by me, and it did fail miserably since it wasn't stickied. I just started using my post in here for it again after it failed.
Image Image
Image Image
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby Jake R on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:04 am

eternaljwh wrote:It is 25 exp, it's at the bottom under Misc. Exp. But you only get it once, obviously, or you could...heck, you could just spam this thread and get 25/post!

Be warned: people tend not to like people who go Glomp! [+ exp!]

I know that people tend not to like people who go Glomp! [+ exp!]. But as I said in my very first post on this (well, the normal EGS) forum: I'm annoying! >=D

Nah, I'll stop glomping random people more than once a day once I get to 100 exp. As it is, I already do not glomp random people 3 times a day (max) because I know it's a bit lame. It's just that... the slime... ew....

I had a few questions left:

- Could somebody explain to me in detail what (and what not) 'ninja-posting' means?
- For each 'text song', you get 100 exp, but for each set of 20 posted in the 'EGS song thread' or something like that you get... 5 exp? So, if you'd write 20 songs, you'd get 2000 exp and a whopping bonus of only 5 if you post them all in the same topic or something?
- Speaking of 'text songs'; are we talking about poem-like (just the lyrics) or are you expecting a full song, just not yet sung?
- What the heck is a TFG? =/
- Fanfic; comics, or is text / pictures only enough?

More to come, for sure.
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby eternaljwh on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:15 am

Jake R wrote: It's just that... the slime... ew....
Glorph is offended by that. (Glorph being an ooze character of mine...in these forums.)

Jake R wrote:- Could somebody explain to me in detail what (and what not) 'ninja-posting' means?

When two respond to the same thing, but one is faster. The faster is the ninja and gets points. an example. You can see that the up arrow is pointing to Author_Man, the ninja, when sven thought that he would post after me.

Jake R wrote:- What the heck is a TFG? =/
:tfgun:, TF gun, transformation gun!

...you do read EGS, right? :wink:

Those are the ones I can answer.

The one I can only guess at is:
Jake R wrote:- For each 'text song', you get 100 exp, but for each set of 20 posted in the 'EGS song thread' or something like that you get... 5 exp? So, if you'd write 20 songs, you'd get 2000 exp and a whopping bonus of only 5 if you post them all in the same topic or something?
- Speaking of 'text songs'; are we talking about poem-like (just the lyrics) or are you expecting a full song, just not yet sung?

A text song is usually a rewrite of some other song's lyrics. (with a "To the tune of:"). (See 12 days of EGS in main forum...)
I THINK the EGS song thread exp is "What songs remind you of EGS [and why]?" I have no idea if I am right here. (Thus, posting 20 songs that remind you of egs gets you 5 exp.)
I'm just stabbing in the dark for these last ones.
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Postby Sanchay on Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:09 am

eternaljwh wrote:A text song is usually a rewrite of some other song's lyrics. (with a "To the tune of:"). (See 12 days of EGS in main forum...)
I THINK the EGS song thread exp is "What songs remind you of EGS [and why]?" I have no idea if I am right here. (Thus, posting 20 songs that remind you of egs gets you 5 exp.)
I'm just stabbing in the dark for these last ones.

You're telling me I get another 100 points for that? YAY! Thanks, Eternal! I comletely forgot about that!!!
DBZ Abridged wrote:Chichi: Did you have to carry a child around inside you for nine months with a husband that literally thought there were Cinnabons hidden in your shirt?!

Images are clickable.

ImageImage
Sanchay
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Talauna on Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Jake R wrote:- Could somebody explain to me in detail what (and what not) 'ninja-posting' means?

Ninja Posting is when Bunny 1 has a post, and while Bunny 2 is typeing a post, a Bunny 3 posts before him.
Bunny one: Question
Bunny Three: Answer
(a few secs to a couple mins later
Bunny Two: Answer

That means Bunny two got ninjed by Bunny Three, and Bunny Three would get the Exp

Jake R wrote:- For each 'text song', you get 100 exp, but for each set of 20 posted in the 'EGS song thread' or something like that you get... 5 exp? So, if you'd write 20 songs, you'd get 2000 exp and a whopping bonus of only 5 if you post them all in the same topic or something?

The EGS Song Thread is a thread where people list songs that they beleave is EGS related, this assists with creation, im sure if someone wanted to make a video but was out of idea's what song, this thread would help.

Jake R wrote:- Speaking of 'text songs'; are we talking about poem-like (just the lyrics) or are you expecting a full song, just not yet sung?

the EGS song Thread is not with "text songs" and "text songs" does not require anything more then rythem and ryme ;-)... Which Reminds me i needs to add a EGS poem exp also!

Jake R wrote:- What the heck is a TFG? =/

eternaljwh wrote:, TF gun, transformation gun!

...you do read EGS, right?

What he said, TFG, Trans-Forming Gun

Jake R wrote:- Fanfic; comics, or is text / pictures only enough?

Fanfic is a Story, Text only.
Comic based on EGS is not into the Exp yet, which is something ill have to add that also...

Anymore Questions
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Talauna on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:21 pm

Oh ya, btw: Huge Update, Hope you like it... Any Questions?
My deviant page
Myspace
... *purr* im a Catboy!
Meowwit!
Talauna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem