Cat and baby

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:42 pm

My Mom had a Border Collie/Rotweiller mix that was relly cool. It looked like a Border Collie except he was wider overall. He also inherted the instinces to herd things which was funny especially when he would try to herd the neighborhood cats. Very fun dog loved to be petted.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:52 pm

My mother owns a Shetland Shepherd (a mini colley) that happens to be the stupidest dog ever. Oh so nice and obedient, but anyone who isn't in the family gets a cold shoulder (more like he hides in a corner to shiver and whine). He also follows my mother EVERYWHERE, day and night, and will lie in front of the bathroom door when she's in it.

Cats for me, please. I'd rather have an independant pet (lying under the Christmas tree all day/night long) than one that follows me all over the place. Then again, I didn't have good dog experiences.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Two cents

Postby ryuumitsukai on Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:15 am

To add my two cents, I have lived around animals most of my life. When I was about 4 or 5 my parents got a stray dog, runt of a litter that had been shot (found some shotgun pellets in her little bed area later, presumably worked out of her hip). She was mixed, and muchly so. She had a lot of Norweigan Elkhound, some German Shepherd, but also some dog breed no one ever pinned down but everyone suspected was wolf (BIIIIIIIG paws I tell you!).

Molly, her name. Sweetest dog ever, you could be a complete stranger and she would lick and nuzzle and hug (nuzzle harder and wrap around you) you all she could do for her little height, she was the runt remember. Only thing is that she was always afraid, followed some member of the family (usually my mother) as neccesity, and would bark at her own shadow if she got spooked. Took well to everyone, including my son when he was born. Tried to give him too many "kisses" tho :)

Now, their much younger Wire-Hair Terrier (practically show-dog, pure bred...bought for like $10 at a flea market) is a bundle of nerves, energetic like crazy... Picked up Molly's barking habit though. She's a LOT more timid around my son, will go sniff at him and then trot away and hide behind someone's legs.

Maybe it's a pure-bred thing? Too good for the kids? :P Or maybe they just, being pure-bred, were as a race exposed to spoiled children who were always permitted to pull, pinch, ride, etc and the dogs were never permitted to assert themselves and keep themselves from harm's way, whereas a stray would of course not have so detailed instincts toward babies?

Sorry for rambling. BTW, first post, love this comic...very sad, I will be when it goes...but where will the story go first? :O
ryuumitsukai
Junior Keenspotter

Welcome

Postby HiFranc on Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:42 pm

Welcome to QoW and its forums, ryuumitsukai.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to Queen of Wands