The Avalon Winamp Skin

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

The Avalon Winamp Skin

Postby TheAuldGrump on Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:51 am

Is there any place to find the Avalon Ceilidh Winamp skin, or has that gone from the web completely?

I forgot to transfer it to a disk before my most recent formatting of my hard drive, but it has been the skin I have used since way back when.

The Auld Grump
TheAuldGrump
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Marcos on Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:18 am

If you're willing to wait a few months, I've got two: the Ceilidh one, and one I designed myself. Unfortunately, the hard drive they're on needs to be sent in to a data recovery facility, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to have that done.
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TheAuldGrump on Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:47 pm

Thank you! I had that skin on my old computer, continued using it on this one, even through several reformats, but this time it wasn't on the CDs I use for backups. (And I couldn't put it on the CD when I noticed it was missing, because that was why I had to reformat - Windows wasn't recognizing my CD drives after I installed the latest version of ITunes (?!)

The Auld Grump
TheAuldGrump
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Marcos on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:55 pm

You're in luck, at least for the Ceilidh skin. It turns out I had a backup copy sitting on my webserver: http://statspage.dyndns.org/~mark/Avalo ... eilidh.wsz
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TheAuldGrump on Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:24 pm

Thank you! That's the one!

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* Gods I miss Avalon.. Through our Shiloh's wide dominion hear the trumpet loudly roar, Avalon has fallen, (Avalon has fallen), Avalon has fallen, to rise no more...
TheAuldGrump
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Symok on Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:59 am

Marcos wrote:If you're willing to wait a few months, I've got two: the Ceilidh one, and one I designed myself. Unfortunately, the hard drive they're on needs to be sent in to a data recovery facility, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to have that done.

Before you send your drive in somewhere and pay large costs to have it checked, try this program: http://www.uneraser.com/ The demo won't let you recover anything, but it will let you know if you'll be able to recover the files with the full version which costs $60 US (much cheaper than data recovery facilities from what I remember when I needed it)
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby jeffk on Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:25 pm

Hmm...I don't have Winamp, but this sounds cool...

<looks at the graphics in the directory>

:o

I'd forgotten about that drawing...kinda gives "Winamp skin" a new meaning, no?
jeffk
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Marcos on Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:31 pm

Symok wrote:
Marcos wrote:If you're willing to wait a few months, I've got two: the Ceilidh one, and one I designed myself. Unfortunately, the hard drive they're on needs to be sent in to a data recovery facility, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to have that done.

Before you send your drive in somewhere and pay large costs to have it checked, try this program: http://www.uneraser.com/ The demo won't let you recover anything, but it will let you know if you'll be able to recover the files with the full version which costs $60 US (much cheaper than data recovery facilities from what I remember when I needed it)

Can the program handle a hard drive that is making clunking sounds and isn't recognized by the BIOS? Can it handle a hard drive in the ext3 format?
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Avalon