The Newbie Part . . . some-odd: Another One!

The forum for discussing Flint Again, or whatever else Mr. Troutman comes up with.

Moderator: John T

The Newbie Part . . . some-odd: Another One!

Postby Rynoah on Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:29 am

Well, I'm here. Hello.

I'm a 17-year-old girl living in the most boring part of Arizona (considering the state, that claim isn't hard to comprehend). Here, I live out my drab existence by trooping off to the local community college, where I'm "studying" (read as: "I sit in a classroom and listen to my instructors talk.") the art of writing and theater. Sometimes, I get to go to work, which involves mopping unknown substances off of the dentist's floor and emptying the trash. It's a living. I've been reading the comic for some time, but just recently joined the forum because I'm a procrastinator. Better late than never, right? :D
For all intents and purposes, the above post probably made no sense. However, if you liked it, more of this poster's idiocy is here.
Rynoah
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:12 pm

My, that was quite an introduction. Well, welcome aboard! And wait - the most boring part of Arizona? Is there any part that ISN'T boring? *stares out his window at a barren wasteland of dried up bushes and rocks*
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rynoah on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:29 pm

Well, I hear Holbrook can be interesting, in an inbred, psycho-ward kind of way. I took a band trip there once and they raided our bus, left a dead skunk in one of the seats and stole my pillows and library book. Dunno what they could possibly use the book for, but I do miss the pillows.
For all intents and purposes, the above post probably made no sense. However, if you liked it, more of this poster's idiocy is here.
Rynoah
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam The Alien on Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:56 pm

Hey, you guys have the Grand Canyon, which kicks ass.

Of course, I don't have to live there...I live in Oregon. Oregon is damn skippy cool. And uses daylight savings. :P

No, actually, I like visiting Arizona. It just doesn't like me...every time I go, your state has an abundance of static electricity. I can't touch a damn thing without getting zapped.
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:47 pm

I have yet to actually see the Grand Canyon. But I'm told it's rather pretty.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rynoah on Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:51 pm

I haven't been to the Grand Canyon either. It's supposedly rather cold at night. Cold is bad.

Adam the Alien wrote:It just doesn't like me...every time I go, your state has an abundance of static electricity. I can't touch a damn thing without getting zapped.

Yeah, the dryness here is almost a novelty (kinda like Arizona's "birthday" being on Valentine's Day. The most unromantic state and its birthday is on the Day Of Luuuuuv). We've seen some pretty spectacular dust storms around here. That can be fun. If you want wet, though, you should've been here during September. We had some awesome monsoons; neighbors got flooded.

Oh, did I mention that I tend to ramble? Yeah. . . .
Rynoah
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam The Alien on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:51 pm

Edit (written after the rest of the post): You want rambling? Pfft.

Bah, cold is good.

And how is Arizona the most unromantic state? I'd say something more along the lines of Idaho...but then again, it also has that "cozy romantic" feel at times, if not the "fairy tale romantic" feel. How do you judge a state for how romantic it is? What's the most romantic state, then, hm? :lol:

Also, I find it odd that Arizona's birthday is also on Valentine's Day, because that's Oregon's birthday as well. Looking into it a bit (I was bored, and impatiently waiting for a new Basil strip :D ), the shared birthday is one of only four, and the fourth one doesn't count (for obvious reasons).

Oregon Feb. 14 1859
Arizona Feb. 14 1912

Rhode Island May 29 1790
Wisconsin May 29 1848

Kentucky June 1 1792
Tennessee June 1 1796

North Dakota Nov. 2 1889
South Dakota Nov. 2 1889

Yeeeeeeeeeees I'm bored.
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Rynoah on Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:50 pm

Interesting. My "grandparents" (they're really my great aunt and uncle, but they raised my dad when his parents died so they're grandparents) are from Oregon. Then, they moved to Utah. Can't remember what part of Oregon they're from.

Anyway, I just fail to find anything romantic about a state that has a higher dirt-to-people ratio than a room full of politicians (although we do have our share of forests (except when they're burned down by massive wildfires)). Then again, I've lived here all my life; the scenery gets a little boring after a few years.
Rynoah
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby qazmoe on Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:52 pm

Man Trout, how long have you been here. When I first moved to Phx, I went to many of the tourist places the first month. Grand Canyon, Page, Lake Powell, and Hoover Dam to name a few. Now I go camping around the Grand Canyon every year. If you go to the north side of the canyon it is nice. No tourists or anything and you can camp right on the rim. Very nice. I recommend taking your girlfriend with you because...well you know.
qazmoe
Junior Keenspotter

Postby John T on Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:11 pm

Yeah, I would take my girlfriend. IF I HAD ONE.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Return to Flint Again and Other Sundry Items