A Musing and revelation(?), or Why I Don't Think J&C Wil

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

A Musing and revelation(?), or Why I Don't Think J&C Wil

Postby Spaceman42 on Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:26 pm

Circumstances:
Listening to the following song, especially the parts in bold:
Finch, in the song 'Ender', wrote:Here I am beside myself again
I'm torn apart by words that you have said
All in all, I know we're falling apart
Where did you run to so far away?

And here we are to sing you a song
And there you are, asleep against the window pane
Just like always

You said you like to hear the rain sometimes
And all I can do is tell you the truth
and Oh, my eyes will tell you the same

And there you are asleep again
And there you are, asleep again

We grasp our hands, together we feel
We are one result
We are one result
We are one result
We are one result (RESULT!!)

and there you are, asleep again
and there you are, asleep again

Also: Sleep deprivation, thinking about dysfunctional stuff, gradually wandering to relationships

Thought:

Avalon is, at its base, about dysfunctional relationships - or rather, relationships without love. Yeah, I know, that's a rather pessimistic view of things, but this was an idea formulated late at night / early in the morning. What Joe did way back when was wrong, and it's nice that he was able to finally admit it to himself. However, is the breakup mirroring his dad, or is the relationship doing so?

Yeesh, I need to go to bed. I have no idea where I'm going / where I was going with this one. Just listen to the song a couple times or something. G'night.

Oh, and I still want to see the Ceilidh raspberry and Pascale sketches. I swear, if you put that second one on auction, I'll have to drive down and lynch you, Josh, 'cause I won't be able to afford it.
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:43 am

Curious:

What do you mean about Joe doing something wrong way back when? What did he do, and why do you think it was wrong?
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MarkusN on Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:15 am

GrassyNoel wrote:What do you mean about Joe doing something wrong way back when? What did he do, and why do you think it was wrong?

That.

That's my take on it, anyway.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 am

On Spaceman's original post:

Josh, here, concerning this strip, wrote:Joe is doing what he thinks is right and is what he's comfortable with. Time will tell whether he's *actually* doing the right thing.

Veiled, as always, but I read into that that the "Let's just be friends" thing is not the final word. Well, I think we can take this as a given anyway. The Joe x Ceilidh knot has not been untangled yet, far from it.

A scenario between Joe and Ceilidh that I can imagine, taking into account Josh's statement above:

Feeling the chill that the latest discussion has brought between Ceilidh and himself (and probably after a last pass at Hel
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Spaceman42 on Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:15 am

Uh, yeah. That one.
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:43 pm

Hmm, Phoebe seemed pretty happy when Ceilidh told her she and Joe broke up...
And let's remember Helene is also a free agent now...

Poor Joe, he's gonna get into soo much trouble.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:35 pm

Mravac Kid wrote:Hmm, Phoebe seemed pretty happy when Ceilidh told her she and Joe broke up...
Oh that one I've beaten to death. (And the concept basically got shot down by Josh.) Warning, the linked post is reeeeally long (I did say I beat the topic to death, didn't I), but didn't you just complain that you don't have a life?

My take on it today is that Phoebe is happy about the breakup, but mostly for Ceilidh's sake (maybe Joe's too).

And let's remember Helene is also a free agent now...

Poor Joe, he's gonna get into soo much trouble.
Now that one is a no-brainer (the "in trouble" bit). J&H? will cause quite a stir in the future I assume, but I don't think that it's going to happen.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Re: A Musing and revelation(?), or Why I Don't Think J&C

Postby Spaceman42 on Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:42 am

Spaceman42 wrote:However, is the breakup mirroring his dad, or is the relationship doing so?

I don't remember saying that...
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:34 am

Spaceman42 wrote:
Spaceman42 wrote:However, is the breakup mirroring his dad, or is the relationship doing so?
I don't remember saying that...

So does that mean that you can't make sense of it either?
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Animal on Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:04 am

Spaceman42 wrote:Circumstances:
Listening to the following song, especially the parts in bold:<snip>

Funny. I was just listening to the Beatles' Why Don't We Do It in the Road, and I did some musing too... :o
Image I have a LiveJournal now. I'm not sure why.
Making people wonder what the hell is wrong with me since 1961
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Animal
Animal
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mravac Kid on Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:53 pm

Animal wrote:
Spaceman42 wrote:Circumstances:
Listening to the following song, especially the parts in bold:<snip>

Funny. I was just listening to the Beatles' Why Don't We Do It in the Road, and I did some musing too... :o

But wouldn't that be dangerous? :o

I'd sooner go with "Let's go to heaven in my car" (if that's the song title)... ;)
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:05 am

Were you perhaps thinking of the Hot Chocolate song Heaven's in the Back Seat of My Cadillac?
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby JoeOutOfSaccharine on Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:58 pm

I thought I had a pretty good handle on what the final weeks of Avalon would entail, but I have to say the events in this chapter have rendered all bets off in my mind.

The J-C-P arc in particular has been thrown way of from where I thought it was going to go (Josh, your storytelling is just *on one* in that regard). But the situation we have now is that Phoebe, Joe and Ceilidh have undergone recent epiphanies (The yearbook, the return of Jimmy Page and the breakup, respectively) - Phoebe has realised that the funk she sank into was unnecessary (and found that she has loyal and true friends into the bargain), Joe finally has some answers regarding his dad's departure, and Ceilidh has realised that she was chasing a relationship for all the wrong reasons.
Logically, none of them are really in any fit state to embark upon anything drastic in the love-twistiness stakes because all three (Phoebe slightly less so) have got an awful lot of figuring out to do before they can define what they want from life. Phoebe is currently a riddle wrapped inside an enigma, Joe has to figure out that he is not his father - and consequently what kind of person he wants to be in his own right, and Ceilidh knows she's going to have to distinguish between being in love and being in love with the idea of being in love (did that make sense?) before trying again.

All this is going to take time, and they'll probably have gone their separate ways before these issues are solved.

Either way, I'm still as excited as ever about finding out one day! :)

J.
JoeOutOfSaccharine
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mravac Kid on Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:12 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:Were you perhaps thinking of the Hot Chocolate song Heaven's in the Back Seat of My Cadillac?

I have no idea, I just remember the line... I think it's from a movie... Back To Future, maybe?

An alternate choice would be "I want to hold your hand", also by The Beatles.

C'mon, we all know what they meant by it ;)
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Return to Avalon