[FANART] Joe (and other assorted transgendered Avalonians)

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby GrassyNoel on Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:12 pm

Fool wrote:How 'bout a pic of Ianna in lingerie riding a velvet mechanical bull?

Let's not, and just say we did.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tenma on Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:24 pm

MarkusN wrote:
GrassyNoel wrote:She's Australian, and they're called thongs. "Read it. Learn it. Live it." as Judge Reinhold said in Fast Times at Ridgemont High :)

You tell 'em, Grassy. After all, the whole world was educated about this with a float sized thong during the 2000 Olympics.

Okay, you can both kiss my.. arse, or whatever it is you call it down there.

We're already suffering enough confusion from the whole sandal/thong issue as it is. Let's not nitpick, eh?

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:28 pm

MarkusN wrote:I just knew this exchange was going to happen.

And trust Doc to put another idea or two in my head.

Thank you :D
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby mhwood on Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:35 am

mzacher wrote:...and wow, has this messed with my head. :-?

I'm still trying to figure out why people find this so freaky. These are new characters. Everybody in Avalon is actually one of a set of fraternal twins, or something. Mad scientists separated them at birth and settled the other twins in the neighboring town of Tir nan Og. It's all perfectly normal.
mhwood
Junior Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:03 am

He's Australian, and lives a sheltered existence. Humour him, please :)
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Marcos on Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:56 pm

I'm never sure which I enjoy more about TG character art threads: the artwork, or the posters being weirded out by the artwork.

P.S. I'm a definite fan of Dahlia
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Mravac Kid on Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:48 pm

mzacher wrote:And, inspired by Josh-Sensei's latest piece, I've finished something I was working on in this 'theme'...
...before I got seriously weirded out by the whole idea...

And here's my coloring of same. Just thought I'd do some massacring of my second most-PSL-inducing comic. God knows I mutilated enough of Willis' art :)
Hope you like it.
please don't sue me, I'm just a poor student trying to get by on as little studying as possible :)

Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby mzacher on Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:31 pm

Mravac Kid wrote:
mzacher wrote:And, inspired by Josh-Sensei's latest piece, I've finished something I was working on in this 'theme'...

And here's my coloring of same. Just thought I'd do some massacring of my second most-PSL-inducing comic. God knows I mutilated enough of Willis' art :)
Hope you like it.

...hey, Neat!

Some nice work there. :)

People colouring my stuff? I knew this thread was going to be trouble... ;)
mzacher
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:28 pm

mzacher wrote:
Mravac Kid wrote:

Hope you like it.

...hey, Neat!

Some nice work there. :)

People colouring my stuff? I knew this thread was going to be trouble... ;)

Thanks. It was pretty easy, I just used the fill tool to copy the color from one of the official pics. You should use some more complicated shading, to prevent incompetent people like myself from screwing up your art :)
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Darth Avatar on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:32 am

Mravac Kid wrote:Thanks. It was pretty easy, I just used the fill tool to copy the color from one of the official pics. You should use some more complicated shading, to prevent incompetent people like myself from screwing up your art :)

A couple of years ago, somebody handed around an image containing all the official colors used for Avalon - uniform color as well as both skin tone and hair color individually for each of the characters (no eye colors, though). I don't know if it's still available through the forums, or even where in the forums it would be hiding, but, if you want to hunt for it, the filename is avaloncolourref.png (yes, while I as an american do not use "u" in "color", the filename does).

As for the suggestion of more complicated shading - please not yet! I still need stuff like that to practice my own coloring/shading/lighting skills (yep, I'm still working on stuff like that!).
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:28 pm

Unfortunately, I can't find it.

As for the shading, I'm not sayin' you need it, just that no fanart is safe without it! BWAHAHAHAHahahaha!!!

:)

In other news, I have "removed" clothing from Phoebe's Bikeeni pic. Would it be wrong if I put it up in the gallery? >:)
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby gwalla on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:40 pm

Mravac Kid wrote:In other news, I have "removed" clothing from Phoebe's Bikeeni pic. Would it be wrong if I put it up in the gallery? >:)

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby MarkusN on Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:15 pm

Mravac Kid wrote:In other news, I have "removed" clothing from Phoebe's Bikeeni pic. Would it be wrong if I put it up in the gallery? >:)

We have a thread for that. (Hey, where's the old Lyncher spirit? I had to dig that out from page three!)
If you upload to Packy's just make sure you post it in the respective sub-gallery.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Hai-Etlik on Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:29 am

Darth Avatar wrote:A couple of years ago, somebody handed around an image containing all the official colors used for Avalon - uniform color as well as both skin tone and hair color individually for each of the characters (no eye colors, though). I don't know if it's still available through the forums, or even where in the forums it would be hiding, but, if you want to hunt for it, the filename is avaloncolourref.png (yes, while I as an american do not use "u" in "color", the filename does).

That'd be me, I grabbed the colours from the then cast page (The pictures have changed, including some of the colours.

Here it is though. The two at the bottom have never appeared in an official colouring and probably won't now as TH changed thier uniform to beige, white, and black.
Hai-Etlik
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:27 pm

MarkusN wrote:

We have a thread for that. (Hey, where's the old Lyncher spirit? I had to dig that out from page three!)
If you upload to Packy's just make sure you post it in the respective sub-gallery.

Yes, I know where to put it, but I want to know if JP would mind me destroying his art...

Hai-Etlik, thanks for the file. I'll see it's put to good use >:)
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Hayasaka Kosei on Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:10 am

Nice pictures. I like the Ianna and Helen ones best. ^_^
Hayasaka Kosei
CRFH Code version 3.2
R+ D&X-- !WB F+ PSL+ U++ IRC BSL++ RPG+++ P+++ I+ E? GN+++ AI+++

Image Shwing!
Hayasaka Kosei
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Avalon