"Cast of Characters" page?

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

"Cast of Characters" page?

Postby Novus on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:43 pm

My apologies if this has already been discussed/completed/rejected/shot down out of the sky in flaming wreckage, but I'm new here, having just read through the archives over the course of the past week. (The latest "It's Walky!" storyline is taking place in a time-frozen Avalon, and since there seemed to be a lot of cross-fans, I figured I'd check out the Avalon archives. Me like.)

Anywho, as I read the archives I sometimes found myself getting confused, as I always do with twisty comics, on who was who and who had done what to whom and when. Er, something like that. As such, I find a good cast page to be useful, such as the one "It's Walky" has and which "Avalon" does not. So, I had to do lots of back-jumping and re-reading to sort it all out.

So, can I make a cast page? I figure a close-up of each character, a spoiler-free description of their personality and history, and a strip at the bottom that represents the character well.
Novus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MarkusN on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:57 pm

Josh has written a cast page; it is hidden in the about section. About strips representing the characters, try the Info for New Readers page. Josh has done a great job in creating recaps for the various threads of the story.

All that said, if you feel like pouring your devotion for the comic into some kind of webpage, I don't think that anybody would object.

Welcome aboard, BTW. Enjoy the ride, it will be a bumpy one. Expect to be tormented; also, expect to develop feelings of hostilty towards the author. ;)

Well, you know DW, so this is not news to you. The correct form of address for Josh, BTW is "JOSH YOU FOOL" (coined by DW, no less). That, or lynching threats.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Novus on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:11 am

MarkusN wrote:Josh has written a cast page; it is hidden in the about section.
Ah. I even looked there for a Cast page. Silly me. He hid it in plain sight too. :D

All that said, if you feel like pouring your devotion for the comic into some kind of webpage, I don't think that anybody would object.
Nah, that's okay. Devotion is one thing. Pointless redundancy is quite another. :wink:

Welcome aboard, BTW. Enjoy the ride, it will be a bumpy one. Expect to be tormented; also, expect to develop feelings of hostilty towards the author. ;)

Well, you know DW, so this is not news to you.

The correct form of address for Josh, BTW is "JOSH YOU FOOL" (coined by DW, no less). That, or lynching threats.
Reminds me of "DAMN YOU WILLIS" which I have actually never uttered or posted. See, what other people call "torment," I call "deliciously conceived, utterly unforseen and wonderfully executed plot twists," and I enjoy them greatly. Perhaps that makes me a masochist, but whatever.

Anywho, I particularly delighted in Avalon because the twistiness of its high school romances reminds me of the twistiness of my high school romance, which played out thusly. Guy meets Girl. Guy falls in love with Girl. Guy and Girl hook up. Guy decides to become Catholic priest. Girl hooks up with Guy's Best Friend, with full knowledge and encouragement of Guy. Girl dumps Guy. Girl dumps Guy's Best Friend, marries Abusive Jerk, moves four states away. Guy changes mind about Catholic priesthood. Girl calls Guy to complain about Abusive Jerk. Guy bangs head into wall repeatedly.

Which is about where I am right now. Mind you, high school ended over 6 years ago, but whatever.
Novus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MarkusN on Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:54 am

Novus wrote:Reminds me of "DAMN YOU WILLIS" which I have actually never uttered or posted.

Well, now you have. ;)
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Return to Avalon