Consider this.

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby Sonmelc on Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:59 am

A while back some suggestions were made as to what song would make a good Avalon theme song. Well after watching some anime music videos I was hit with a thought. While Avalon couldn
Sonmelc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Strangeone on Wed Aug 22, 2001 1:53 am

I think that someone on this board said that they were in the midst of working on one just last week.
Strangeone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Josh Phillips on Wed Aug 22, 2001 1:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strangeone:
<B>I think that someone on this board said that they were in the midst of working on one just last week.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And I believe his name was Coota...
<P>...and that I will explode if I don't get to see it soon... ;-)
<P>JOSH.<P>------------------
Josh Phillips - <A HREF="mailto:josh@avalonhigh.com">josh@avalonhigh.com</A>
Avalon - <A HREF="http://www.avalonhigh.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.avalonhigh.com</A>
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby K A H on Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:01 am

Mmm.... it does seem to render the "Randomword d'Avalon" a tad redundant, really. (There'd be no visual element, of course.)<P>Oh well, never let it be said I was one to shy away from a creative project that doesn't show much originality. (If I were I would have given up on my oversized Final Fantasy IV fanfic years ago.)<P>Well, add my voice to the chorus clamouring to see the montage in homage to "Avalon" footage.<P>K.A.H.
And here ends the message.
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Darth Paradox on Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K A H:
<B>Mmm.... it does seem to render the "Randomword d'Avalon" a tad redundant, really. (There'd be no visual element, of course.)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>True - but it would be an original composition in the (as far as I can tell) classical style... which is quite an original idea. I still wanna hear your work!
Darth Paradox
Keenspot Despot

Postby nzero on Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:03 am

yea, either Coota or FilmBuff, iirc.<P>i myself have had Avalon AMV ideas floating around in my head for quite some time. there are a few songs for which i've got AMV ideas fully choreographed (in my mind), but at 15+ fps over ~3.5mins, that's a lot of drawing, and a lot of time -- time that i don't have, unfortunately. rough estimate would be almost a whole semester to complete.<P>so yes, i'm looking forward to the music slidshow (?) that is being produced.<P>
[edit]<P>cripes!!! did it take me *that* long to reply? *looks at his watch* i saw one reply by Strangeone, posted my reply, and saw 3 more replies inserted between... whoa...<P>[/edit]<p>[This message has been edited by nzero (edited 08-22-2001).]
nzero
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Josh Phillips on Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:05 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K A H:
<B>Mmm.... it does seem to render the "Randomword d'Avalon" a tad redundant, really.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>Um... would you mind explaining how, exactly? :-) You're writing and performing an entirely original musical score... how does creating a music video get in the way of your work?<P>I'm looking forward to your work too... heck, I look forward to *all* fanwork. Maritza Campos must be in a constant state of euphoria. ;-)<P>JOSH.<P>------------------
Josh Phillips - <A HREF="mailto:josh@avalonhigh.com">josh@avalonhigh.com</A>
Avalon - <A HREF="http://www.avalonhigh.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.avalonhigh.com</A>
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby Consul on Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:07 am

If I may rant here for a few minutes...<P>-----<P>This is not a slight towards anyone, but, why is it that so many people say "<I>someone</I> ought to do (insert idea here)"? If you have an idea, simple or not, why not try to pursue it yourself? If it's because you lack the skill, take advantage of the idea to gain the skill. Learning new things never hurts.<P>[/i]Rant mode off.[/i] Comments? Questions? Flames?<P>I'm sorry, but I needed to get that off of my chest.<P>------------------
HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
- E. E. CUMMINGS
Consul
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Avalon