[11-03-03] Woo hoo!

It's MEN IN BLACK meets DAWSON'S CREEK!

Moderator: Walky

Postby silent watcher on Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:30 pm

sry, double post
Last edited by silent watcher on Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can smell the sea."
- Majiir Paktu, Homeworld.
silent watcher
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Charles RB on Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:28 pm

mephron wrote: Some kind of declaration!

A declaration saying "Joyce/Walky doesn't work".

YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.
"We must fight on!"
"We'll die. We fight and we die. That's how it goes."
"Then we die gloriously!"
"There's an important word in that sentence, and it's not the word gloriously."
-Gunnery Officer and Captain, "Only You Can Save Mankind"
Charles RB
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:30 pm

Zathras10 wrote: Okay, so apparently I was smoking *crack* when I wrote that previous post. From the source: "There at last when the mallorn-leaves were falling, but spring had not yet come, she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea."

Yeesh.

Z.

Now you're getting it :)
Actually, as Aragorn decided to leave this world, he told Arwen that she had to make the choice between repenting for choosing the human ways, or enduring her choice, to which she answered that the choice has been made long ago.

The parting of Arwen and Aragorn is the most tragic tale I ever heard, even though J&W are closing in fast... :(
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby showler on Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:14 pm

silent watcher wrote:
showler wrote:Slightly off-topic, what do people think of "Joan of Arcadia"?

In truth, it merely perpetuates religious stereotypes (prophet or miracle worker infused by God's strength and voice! angels walking among us! working against the dark demons of hell!), so people, including many Christians, get a slanted view of the religion.

Have you actually watched it? I haven't seen any of those things. With the exception of the direct contact, the show seems very ordinary, and even the direct contacts generally consist of "I'd like you to do X. You don't have to, and I won't explain why, but I'd like you to do it."
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced." - anonymous

"Please. I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed." - Umya New Gold Dreams
showler
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pope William T Wodium on Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:00 pm

Charles RB wrote:
mephron wrote: Some kind of declaration!

A declaration saying "Joyce/Walky doesn't work".

YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.

Alright, I was sitting this one out. Now I'll make a proclamation:

A Proclamation
Joyce and Walky will work. They will be together in the end; we must have faith. I will speak to the Deity on this*, and all will be arranged. Any denying these fundamental truths are hereby excommunicated. :P

*In other news, it looks like Joyce is taking such matters into her own hands . . .
Pope William T Wodium, Lord of Odium, Poo-Bah of Podium, Sultan of Sodium, Prince of Rhodium, and the Eldest of that Name
-><-
As a Pope, I reserve the right to invoke infallibility at any time, including retroactively.
Pope William T Wodium
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fata_Morgana on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:01 pm

Not to be macabre or bloodthirsty, but something just occured to me: it would be a really interesting and unexpected twist in the story if Joyce were to die suddenly.

Fata Morgana ~ who's probably been reading too much tragic shoujo.
Fata_Morgana
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Charles RB on Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:24 pm

[quote="Pope William T Wodium"][/quote]

On Bizzaaro World. 8)

The only fundamental truth is Danny/Sal. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO IT! :(
"We must fight on!"
"We'll die. We fight and we die. That's how it goes."
"Then we die gloriously!"
"There's an important word in that sentence, and it's not the word gloriously."
-Gunnery Officer and Captain, "Only You Can Save Mankind"
Charles RB
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pope William T Wodium on Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:38 pm

Charles RB got himself excommunicated when he wrote:
Pope William T Wodium wrote:

On Bizzaaro World. 8)

The only fundamental truth is Danny/Sal. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO IT! :(

Did you think I wouldn't do it? :P
Pope William T Wodium, Lord of Odium, Poo-Bah of Podium, Sultan of Sodium, Prince of Rhodium, and the Eldest of that Name
-><-
As a Pope, I reserve the right to invoke infallibility at any time, including retroactively.
Pope William T Wodium
Keenspot Despot

Postby bunnyThor on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:01 pm

Pope William T Wodium wrote:A Proclamation
Joyce and Walky will work. They will be together in the end; we must have faith. I will speak to the Deity on this*, and all will be arranged. Any denying these fundamental truths are hereby excommunicated. :P

You know, this could still happen. The Cheese could render Joyce into a fine, red mist, which Walky would inadvertantly inhale. That would work and they would be together.
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pope William T Wodium on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:42 pm

bunnyThor wrote:
Pope William T Wodium wrote:A Proclamation

You know, this could still happen. The Cheese could render Joyce into a fine, red mist, which Walky would inadvertantly inhale. That would work and they would be together.

:roll: *sigh* Another example of the unfaithful attempting to manipulate the letter to their own ends while disregarding the spirit.

And you are THIS][CLOSE (the space between the brackets) to being excommunicated, buddy!
-><-
Pope William T Wodium
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to It's Walky!