Who do you think are the six in "Dinner for six"?

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Who will round out the six for dinner?

Marshall brings Karen, Aggie brings a new found boyfriend
No votes
Mar, Annie, Marshall and Aggie
No votes
Marshall, Karen, Aggie, and the ghost (memory) of her mother
50%
Marshall and Karen; Aggie and Penny come out of the closet
13%
Dinner for six pm sharp
25%
Who can think about food at a time like this?
13%

Total votes : 16

Who do you think are the six in "Dinner for six"?

Postby bugstomper on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:54 pm

Nick and Charisma and Aggie and Marshall make four. Everyone has been assuming the fifth must be Karen, but then who would the sixth one be? Perhaps to get another two one would not be Karen?
bugstomper
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby snowp14 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:02 am

I guessed that it's "dinner at 6 pm." After seeing today's comic, with the ticking clocks and all. Then again, it'd make sense to say "Dinner at Six" not "Dinner for Six." Oh well, I guess we'll see.
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby iRobot on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:52 am

snowp14 wrote:I guessed that it's "dinner at 6 pm." After seeing today's comic, with the ticking clocks and all.

While I agree that that is a factor, I'm not putting potential multiple meanings for "dinner for 6 pm" past T.
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sassy-fras on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:25 am

I dunno...but, could the last two be grandparents? We recently saw Charisma's mom in a flashback....maybe one of Aggie's grandparents is still living so maybe that's it. Lots of maybes though...never know with this comic. *awaits the inevitable!*
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ostracee on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:48 am

I voted for "come out of the closet," not because I think that will happen, but because I'm sure Penny will find her way to that table somehow...
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Freemage on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:03 pm

Hmph. No option for my best-bet, Lisa. I just don't see Penny showing up under any plausible circumstance. Duane would be a more likely 'round out the table' choice, too.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby kash on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:28 am

Lisa or Duane.

or, the intangible embodiment of awkwardness!
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Andie Nicole on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:12 am

Marshall brings Karen, Aggie brings Lisa, and anyone willing to bet against me? I'm betting that Lisa at least comes out of the closet.
Maybe by kissing Aggie. Yay for lessie kisses!
Andie Nicole
Junior Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:19 am

You want awkwardeness? Try this:

• Sarah comes out of the closet and goes to Aggie's house to confess her attraction for Aggie.
  • Charlotte goes to Aggie's house to apologize and founds out that Marshall is there.
  • Bronzo goes to Aggie's house and challenge his dad to a wrestling match in pure Hulk Hogan's style, while ripping his shirt.
  • A dwarf and an elf appear at Aggie's door, and ask for their help on a quest to guard a ring... Wait, that's another story.

EDIT: Forgot these:
  • Doctor Narbonic appears from the past... With Ringo!
  • A stranded couple asks to use Aggie's phone, because their car broke down on their way to a con. They introduce themselves as T. and Gis!
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby RadicaLElly on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:13 pm

I believe the first five will be Marshall, Charisma, Nick, Aggie, and Karen. As for a sixth, I think it would be interesting if Marshall's father were to suddenly pop up. Or at least someone claiming to be Marshall's father.
RadicaLElly
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ostracee on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:24 am

Well, the archive page says "six people, three couples," so the memory of Aggie's mother is out. Nick and Charisma are the first couple, Marshall and Karen are the second, and Aggie is the fifth person; that's pretty clear. So Aggie's going to bring a date. Hmm. The way I see it, either Duane's going to ask her out, and she'll choose this as a convenient first date, or she'll bring Lisa, and "couples" is a word being used loosely. Or maybe even Lisa will ask Aggie out (as if this dinner weren't going to be awkward enough). Or, of course, there's always Tom.

Part of me really wants to see Penny at this dinner, but now that we know it's a couples thing, it doesn't seem likely.

I just want to see where this storyline goes once we get to the actual dinner...
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby daanton on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:22 am

Ostracee wrote:Well, the archive page says "six people, three couples," so the memory of Aggie's mother is out. Nick and Charisma are the first couple, Marshall and Karen are the second, and Aggie is the fifth person; that's pretty clear. So Aggie's going to bring a date. Hmm. The way I see it, either Duane's going to ask her out, and she'll choose this as a convenient first date, or she'll bring Lisa, and "couples" is a word being used loosely. Or maybe even Lisa will ask Aggie out (as if this dinner weren't going to be awkward enough). Or, of course, there's always Tom.

Part of me really wants to see Penny at this dinner, but now that we know it's a couples thing, it doesn't seem likely.

I just want to see where this storyline goes once we get to the actual dinner...

You and me both!
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Penny and Aggie