(11/10/06) an oversized gerbil

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

(11/10/06) an oversized gerbil

Postby missMagdalena on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:18 am

It does seem like we're heading for Michelle to be hurt... again. Sigh.
missMagdalena
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: (11/10/06) an oversized gerbil

Postby Tsarevna_Erin on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:22 am

missMagdalena wrote:It does seem like we're heading for Michelle to be hurt... again. Sigh.

Mm. I honestly don't think so. Trust me - I'm not thrilled with the idea of prolonged Stan/Michelle action, but I don't think this is going to end badly. At least not right away. Michelle told Stan about Brandi's bragging about him, and Stan was pleased. He obviously isn't banging Brandi anymore, but he might see her as an ally and may be going to her for "advice" in much the same way Michelle went to her for advice pre-deflowering. What that advice is, who knows. I think maybe he wants some of Jack's mad listening skillz (I'm echoing the Jack love of recent days, btw) and thinks that the best way to go about that is to get tutelage from a woman he's boned before.

One thing I find interesting. Wait, no, two things:

Penny doesn't like Stan. I wonder if it's vestiges of dealing with Stan and Jack's resentment of her during the time period that she dated Rich. I could see this becoming an issue if Stan does turn out to be a tool toward Michelle.

Two - Brandi telling all of Michelle's business. I know Michelle told Penny that she was about to get action and she obviously told Brandi, but I don't know if she'd be happy to know that Brandi is spilling her afterglow business in public. Maybe it doesn't matter that much.
Tsarevna_Erin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby crusaderdrake on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:24 am

I doubt seriously that this is a flirtation; he's buttering her up. Given that, in the previous comic, Stan is now on a quest to improve his "listening skills", my guess is that he's about to ask Brandi to spill the beans on what she knows about Michelle.

And given the look on Brandi's face and the way she responded, she knows that he's trying to butter her up. No sexual tension here.

EDIT:

That's not to say, however, that if Brandi decided to press the issue for a little fun, that Stan would say 'no'. He is about the "chicks and bling", after all. But Brandi now knows that doing this would break Michelle's heart, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of person Brandi is.

-Drake
crusaderdrake
Junior Keenspotter

Postby snowp14 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:51 am

What if Penny becomes interested in Stan? It seemed like in her relationship with Rich, she wanted someone who would "talk to her", romance her, and seduce her. It seems like Stan can provide her all of that. Maybe she'll realize that, seeing it firsthand in this strip in the way that he talks to Brandi? Maybe that explains her expression in the last panel? (well, she also looks annoyed in that panel... i can't really tell).

I'm just throwing out there. I can see this strip going in many directions.
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ostracee on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:44 am

Except I think Penny's smart enough to realize that she could never get him to be exclusive...or at least cynical enough.
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ravenb on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:59 am

Maybe Stan just happened to spot her in the halls and wants to thank her for starting the "best rumor ever." :D
"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
ravenb
Keenspot Despot

Postby isobel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:24 am

It's interesting that Penny and Brandi are hanging out after Penny reacted the way she did in the library. Maybe that was just frost at the hint she's "experienced" rather than frost toward Brandi, but that's still a lot of freezing going on. Also, wtf is Stan doing? It looks like he's about to run another presidential campaign, which would perhaps not be the ideal response for this situation.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IS_Wolf on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:53 am

Considering Penny's comment..

Oversized gerbil or not, he at least keeps his ladies quite happy, which is more than can be said of her own chosen boytoy. :lol:

And the amusing thing is, I don't like Stan either*, but credit needs to be given, where credit is due. So, I'm a bit more appreciative of Brandi in this case.

*: More a case of me disliking the way he operates in general. Find the whole politics issue tiresome and a general waste of time and energy and it tends to get in the way of proper efficiency as well. There's a time for wining and dining, and a time of getting the job done, and more often then not, there's too much time spent on the wining and dining and not enough time on getting the job done.

Course when it comes to relationships or wooing a lady, there's no such thing as too much wining and dining, because it's all part of the foreplay.
:evilgrin:
IS_Wolf
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ollie_Vera on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:00 pm

isobel wrote:It's interesting that Penny and Brandi are hanging out after Penny reacted the way she did in the library. Maybe that was just frost at the hint she's "experienced" rather than frost toward Brandi, but that's still a lot of freezing going on. Also, wtf is Stan doing? It looks like he's about to run another presidential campaign, which would perhaps not be the ideal response for this situation.

I think she was frosty because Michelle brought up and forced her to remember something that went totally wrong and thus changed her mood from cheery to really really irritable.

I also want to say I think today's strip is very well-drawn, especially how Brandi looks in panel 3. :)
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sebastian on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:14 pm

Stan's charms don't works on Penny becasue she don't need someone to make her feel the most valuable player in the court, she already knows that she is. :)
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sacchi on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:04 am

While I do think that the Michelle-Stan relationship won't be a permanent fixture, I don't think that Michelle will be broken by it. At least, I hope not. She had fair warning, and she does seem to fall in and out--or at least in--of love rather quickly. And I don't think it'll end because of something Brandi does. It'll be between Michelle and Stan.

I like how, so far, each strip in this arc has the character who spoke last in the background. It gives a sense of the close community of a high school and continuity in the storytelling.
"Chuck Norris tops your mom!"
Sacchi
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Cookie on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:04 am

ravenb wrote:Maybe Stan just happened to spot her in the halls and wants to thank her for starting the "best rumor ever." :D

That was my initial thought, too.
Image Image
Cookie
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Penny and Aggie