Newb! [11/8/06]

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Newb! [11/8/06]

Postby isobel on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 am

Oh, Jack. Second banana to the second banana. Although I did love his facial expressions and Stan's puppy-dog, tail-wagging enthusiasm. I hope his excitement is a sign of caring for Michelle, and I hope his brainstorm won't end in total disaster.

On that subject...what do we think Stan is planning now? :evilgrin:
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fen on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:29 am

Jack looks so.hot In this one.
And Katy-Ann seems o be listening. bad, bad, strawberry.
I will never understand you. When will I stop trying?
Fen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby KiZeR on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:15 am

Poor Jack indeed. The listener NEVER gets any play, its always the do-er.
KiZeR
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Trollroot on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:07 am

Stan has always seemed to me to be a bit of a lawyer-type. The kind who spends a workday in court insulting the others sides lawyer, insinuationg that he is incompetent, criminal and lazy.

And then when the day ends the two goes fishing, or surfing.

In other words, he seems to be a good guy who is (maybe too) good at the dissasociative "Only doing my job/duty." Or "its part of the game".

I'd expect him to be good at not taking things personally.
Trollroot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RentACop on Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:06 am

One of those instances where you can tell perfectly what someone's thinking without thought bubbles.
RentACop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby El Durazno Muerte on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:29 am

This is very... indiscrete of Stan. Is he really yelling all of this out in the middle of the school hallway? Well, I suppose he's speaking generally enough that someone overhearing a sentence or two wouldn't know what he was talking about. And I'm sure they have the comic strip "only characters drawn are present and overhearing" force-field around them, too.

Speaking of overhearing, I'm glad Katy-Ann's listening in. If any part of this plan bodes ill for Michelle, or if it goes sour, it might be a good thing for her to have a friend who knows what's going on. Especially since it seems to be the one who tries to be nice and hold her head above HS politics.
El Durazno Muerte
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JK9000 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:41 am

Haha, Jack is awesome. He has always been my favorite character. If this arc primarily involves Jack and Stan, I for one will be a happy camper.
Winter is Coming.
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby vvess on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:40 am

I love the way Stan is drawn in the middle frame. :)
vvess
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ollie_Vera on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:42 pm

Fen wrote:Jack looks so.hot In this one.

This may be bad for Michelle's group of friends. :-|
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

"NEWB"

Postby daanton on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Gee, if "newb" does mean "newbie", then I'd say things certainly have changed from when I was in high school--back then, we called such people "freshies". :evilgrin:
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: "NEWB"

Postby StarKruzr on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:41 pm

daanton wrote:Gee, if "newb" does mean "newbie", then I'd say things certainly have changed from when I was in high school--back then, we called such people "freshies".

... "freshie?" "Freshie" meant "virgin" when you were in HS?
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fen on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:58 pm

Ollie_Vera wrote:
Fen wrote:Jack looks so.hot In this one.

This may be bad for Michelle's group of friends. :-|

I do believe they know she's a "newb". And since she and Stan seem to be in a relationship, they'll know they're together. Stan's quite a playboy so..it's quite obvious.
Fen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby snowp14 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:51 pm

do believe they know she's a "newb". And since she and Stan seem to be in a relationship, they'll know they're together. Stan's quite a playboy so..it's quite obvious.

i don't think it's safe to call it a relationship just yet... but I can sure see Michelle taking it as one.
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LeonardC on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:18 pm

What I most noticed was the "Tees and Cues" at the bottom of the page.

That's it for "Behind Closed Doors"? No more snugglebunnies?
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kaye on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:46 pm

I don't think they're going to just end the stories where they are because we're in a new chapter - we still have to find out about the phonesex story with Nick, Charisma and Aggie! But I'm guessing this is the end of the explicit sex scenes. (Darn..)
Kaye
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Fen on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:46 pm

snowp14 wrote:
do believe they know she's a "newb". And since she and Stan seem to be in a relationship, they'll know they're together. Stan's quite a playboy so..it's quite obvious.

i don't think it's safe to call it a relationship just yet... but I can sure see Michelle taking it as one.

Michelle definitely sees it as one
but Stan struggled to get to her, and really likes her. So I'm quite convinced that he wants to stay with her for a while.
At least till he discovers her absolute lack of personality.

^we already know what happened. Aggie overheard, she was crying and thinking of her mom. Charisma was done and went back home. It's over folks!
Fen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kate on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:52 am

LeonardC wrote:What I most noticed was the "Tees and Cues" at the bottom of the page.

What do we think "Tees and Cues" means, anyway? T-shirts and social cues? Golf tees and pool cues? :roll:

It seems clever, with the play on Ps & Qs, but I'm so curious. Maybe Stan's plan will make it all clear.
Kate
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TheTeague on Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:01 am

It's gonna be about a school play and Gisele's gonna draw in T Campbell as the overly expressive drama teacher. EMOTE!

Gisele's going to get her turn to be in the comic later on in a murder mystery storyline called "Arsenic and Ol' Lagace" (a title that probably works better by mispronouncing her name).
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kate on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:31 pm

TheTeague wrote:Gisele's going to get her turn to be in the comic later on in a murder mystery storyline called "Arsenic and Ol' Lagace" (a title that probably works better by mispronouncing her name).

That's so great. :lol:
Kate
Junior Keenspotter

Postby isobel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:18 am

I know the trend is to start a new thread with every strip, but that's confusing (at least for me) and I shall try once more to buck the trend. That said, it's interesting that Penny and Brandi are hanging out after Penny reacted the way she did in the library. Maybe that was just frost at the hint she's "experienced" rather than frost toward Brandi, but that's still a lot of freezing going on. Also, wtf is Stan doing? It looks like he's about to run another presidential campaign, which would perhaps not be the ideal response for this situation.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Penny and Aggie