[1/11/06] Rich + underage?

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Re: [1/11/06] Rich + underage?

Postby iRobot on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:43 pm

kgirl1992 wrote:not all of them karen is 18 we saw her b-day

No, she's 16 (like most of the other cast members). The legal age of consent is 16 (where ever this is taking place).
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Stannish on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:32 pm

Well, there goes Brandi's advice.

As for the young girl...well, Rich gets to take his mind off things (for a little bit anyways) and she probably feels more grown-up or self-validated because someone is having sex with her.
"No, no, it's A Pimp Named Slickback, like A Tribe Called Quest."
Stannish
Junior Keenspotter

Postby El Durazno Muerte on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:49 pm

I read the Pikachu as showing the flavor of her thoughts, not to be what she's actually thinking about. You know, "EEEE! Cutesy and happy and childish and innocent!"

I like the way Rich's face is drawn in that panel, by the way. Too bad the whole picture itself is so skeevy.
El Durazno Muerte
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby snowp14 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:24 pm

I thought she had a Pikachu thought bubble to show that she's a naive "groupie flake". T just disclosed on the Q&A board that she's "old enough" sooo who knows? She can be arguably be, at youngest, 12 and, at oldest, 18
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:36 pm

I was in the same camp as Isobel: "Gotta catch 'em all!" Other interpretations make sense, but that was my gut reaction.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Goonthegoof on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 pm

Is anyone else confused as to why Rich would be doing it with whatserface while thinking of Penny? I can sort of understand him wanting to screw someone but still wanting to get with Penny but why would he do it with someone who might tell Penny and therefore ruin his chances?
I got kicked out of Dymocks for moving all the bibles into the fiction section.
Goonthegoof
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ria on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:15 pm

this is present-day Rich... his fling with Penny is long over, at least in high school terms, iirc.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: [1/11/06] Rich + underage?

Postby Yawnitz on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:17 pm

Trollroot wrote:In other comments, I wish there was more differentiation in the male apperance here. Even Marshall, who is supposed to work out a lot, maybe be older than the others, and has been estimated at 225 lbs of solid muscle, seems to have exactly the same body as all the other males.

There is no way Marshall weighs 225. I would think he weighs more like 160-170. If he weighed 225 just on muscle, he'd look more like Lou Ferrigno.

Wait, this is what we were just talking about, isn't it?
Yes, I do think skunks are cute.
Yawnitz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kaye on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:04 pm

In other news...

Where is Michelle's left arm in the last panel? D:
I see no wrinkles from it anywhere in the sheets, nor do I see her arm around Stan..
Uahh..
Kaye
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Sepia on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:05 pm

Stannish wrote:As for the young girl...well, Rich gets to take his mind off things (for a little bit anyways) and she probably feels more grown-up or self-validated because someone is having sex with her.

Reading that in the context of someone calling her a twelve year old earlier in the thread is kind of uh, I represent myself with an emoticon: :o
Two weeks until I forget my password and username yet again.
Sepia
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ria on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:12 pm

Kaye wrote:In other news...

I see no wrinkles from it anywhere in the sheets, nor do I see her arm around Stan..
Uahh..

Folded up in front of her?
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheTeague on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:12 pm

Uahh..

You can barely see Michelle's arm underneath Stans. They're holding hands.
Awwwwwwww.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kaye on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:19 pm

TheTeague wrote:

Uahh..

You can barely see Michelle's arm underneath Stans. They're holding hands.
Awwwwwwww.

Oh, I see it now! So sweet..
Kaye
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Bellerophon on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:22 pm

Silverblue wrote:In any case, Brock's fantasy is the most amusing by far. He needs a portrait of himself to worship...

Oh, so that's what it's probably meant to mean. 'spose that makes sense. I just took it to mean he was firmly in the closet.
Bellerophon
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Fen on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 am

Hm.
whatsherface pokemon meaing she's a groupie flake, Penny not being "one of his chippies", I think Rich is quite desolated that he got from Penny to her.
Remember, he wanted Penny because she was a "prize"-chick. Shell was just another groupie flake. This is more groupie flake than both of them having a lame lesbo attempt in order to turn him on cause they can't by themselves.
I will never understand you. When will I stop trying?
Fen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby taotu on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:40 am

Hey, does this comic take place in the US, or Canada, or some fictional country of T and Gisele's creation?

Anyway- the Pokemon confuses the heck out of me- 'cause while I have a great fondness for Pokemon (the first Indigo League Boxset comes out on November 21st, woohoo!) I sure as hell wouldn't be thinking about Pokemon with my pants half-on in front of a guy, no matter what age I was!
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:55 am

taotu wrote:Hey, does this comic take place in the US, or Canada, or some fictional country of T and Gisele's creation?

Anyway- the Pokemon confuses the heck out of me- 'cause while I have a great fondness for Pokemon (the first Indigo League Boxset comes out on November 21st, woohoo!) I sure as hell wouldn't be thinking about Pokemon with my pants half-on in front of a guy, no matter what age I was!

^^^ why I thought "furry" :P
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby cookievore on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:00 am

Woooooow man, some of ya'll actually think *twelve* is a good age to have sex? Please tell me I was reading that wrong. Twelve is not "old enough", okay? Twelve, hell even thirteen/fourteen is still a child in my brain. Do children get curious? Hell yes, I know I was at those ages. Should they go *acting* on that curiosity? No friggen reeming bloody way. No. Bad WRONG no.

Good freaking God, if I had a twelve year old that was knocking boots, I'd slap them and the person boffing them. That's just damned insane. Children should not be having sex.

In other news, 16 year olds are very capable of being nerdy nerd (=p so are 20 year olds *still watches Digimon*). So, yeah, she could be an older dork.

I read the pikachu as 'OMG YAY RICH SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!' like pikachu in the show often acted with Ash. See, not everthing has to be taking literally at face vaule :D I bet STan isn't thinking 'smiley face', but rather 'Wooo! Laid me a hottie, Stan are teh happy!!'

See how that works? << Now please stop this 12 year old nonsense, it's creepy.
cookievore
Junior Keenspotter

Postby stregascozzese on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 am

cookievore wrote:Woooooow man, some of ya'll actually think *twelve* is a good age to have sex? Please tell me I was reading that wrong. Twelve is not "old enough", okay?

I think the point was that there are different ages of consent in different parts of the world, so depending on which part of the world P&A is meant to be set in, the girl could be anything between 12 and 18. Age of consent laws tend to date back to the days when these things were based on physical maturity rather than emotional or psychological readiness.

However, given that T has said that the age of consent in P&A-world is 16, so the girl has to be at least 16.
stregascozzese
Junior Keenspotter

Postby stregascozzese on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:46 am

Ignore the "so" in the last sentence of my last post. I have clearly lost my grasp on the language and shouldn't be in charge of a keyboard.
stregascozzese
Junior Keenspotter

Postby oddtail on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:10 am

ria wrote:
taotu wrote:Hey, does this comic take place in the US, or Canada, or some fictional country of T and Gisele's creation?

I dunno. I agree with the opinion that's been expressed in this thread that this just reflects the general way she thinks. Or her personality. Somehow I never thought "furry", not for a moment. And I am a furry myself, not that it makes me an expert or anything.
oddtail
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SAGG on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:38 am

snowp14 wrote:
Hm. Rich seems to still have the hots for Penny, yet have we seen her think about Rich ever since? If not, then wouldn't this mean she won the "death struggle" between the two?

Does this count? http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060117.html

Perhaps. :) Good observation.
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ria on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:05 am

oddtail wrote:
ria wrote:

I dunno. I agree with the opinion that's been expressed in this thread that this just reflects the general way she thinks. Or her personality. Somehow I never thought "furry", not for a moment. And I am a furry myself, not that it makes me an expert or anything.

Oh, my art for years was focused on anthropomorphic stuff, so I don't mean it to be disparaging toward people in that community (was also involved in Furcadia for a couple years, designed one version of their website for them, if that tells you how involved I was :p). I just don't know how to express "that subset of the furry community that does teh furry sexx0r" without being awkward :)
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby oddtail on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:17 am

ria wrote:
oddtail wrote:
ria wrote:

Oh, my art for years was focused on anthropomorphic stuff, so I don't mean it to be disparaging toward people in that community (was also involved in Furcadia for a couple years, designed one version of their website for them, if that tells you how involved I was :p). I just don't know how to express "that subset of the furry community that does teh furry sexx0r" without being awkward :)

I did not think you were disparaging. It's just... the last association I'd make with Pikachu is "furry" (in a sexual context, no less). Just not an unambiguous, iconic sexay furray, is it? Especially with Rich on-panel.

BTW, that makes me think: maybe the nameless girl thinks that Rich is cute? In a Pokemon-like way? Now, THAT would be truly awkward.
oddtail
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:14 pm

i think the pokemon referins is a jufenal thing of this is so cute and sweet kind of thing
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Penny and Aggie