10/25 - ah, perspective.

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

10/25 - ah, perspective.

Postby Frances on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:33 pm

"It was *so romantic!* We just... *talked!*"

Beautiful. :lol:

L&c,
F
Frances
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby snowp14 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:07 am

Mm poor Michelle. That must suck having to hear that.

I like the little Archie Comics-like gimmick, with the guy in the background running into the tree :lol:
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby KiZeR on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:51 am

I still don't get how a guy could fall asleep on a girl without having orgasm first. Maybe the pain of blueballs was so bad he passed out?
KiZeR
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Melanophylle on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:04 am

Heh... Sara's wearing something that was pretty fashionable in the Zara stores in Italy last fall.
I like it when the "Alpha" girls follow trends that are actually common in the real world, it makes the comic more realistic.
On the other hand, it also feels pretty weird, sort of like a deja vu...

My compliments again on how much detail you put in your art, Gisele. It gives the comic so much value!!
I just made muffins! And they came out... bad.
Melanophylle
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cameo on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:06 am

KiZell wrote:I still don't get how a guy could fall asleep on a girl without having orgasm first. Maybe the pain of blueballs was so bad he passed out?

Maybe Rich doesn't get much sleep? *shrug*
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby LoopyChew on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:55 am

Melanophylle wrote:My compliments again on how much detail you put in your art, Gisele. It gives the comic so much value!!

Absolutely. Did anyone else notice the ogling kid walking into a tree in the last panel? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet...

EDIT: D'oh!
Last edited by LoopyChew on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoopyChew
Junior Keenspotter

Postby taotu on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:10 am

LoopyChew wrote:Did anyone else notice the ogling kid walking into a tree in the last panel? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet...

snowp14 wrote:I like the little Archie Comics-like gimmick, with the guy in the background running into the tree

I like you, you're silly. :D Welcome to the forums.

Anyway, I looove this comic- I've had so many moments where a really good apology has just completely melted away any anger I had towards somebody- and I like this apology of Rich's. He's a fan of being blunt and to-the-point, and it works out for him in this instance.
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:38 am

Today feature: The amazing melting Penny! 8)

I almost expected her to say: "Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at 'hey.'" :lol:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby nhoddity on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:56 am

...WOW. That was... Wow. Melting. That's a neat new super power, Penny.
I'm kinda surprised Rich actually apologized. It seems out of character for him, considering how stuborn we all know he is. It was kinda sweet.
nhoddity
Junior Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:18 pm

nhoddity wrote:...WOW. That was... Wow. Melting. That's a neat new super power, Penny.
I'm kinda surprised Rich actually apologized. It seems out of character for him, considering how stuborn we all know he is. It was kinda sweet.

What do you mean? "Hey. Sorry." It's entirely Rich. If it would be Duane or Stan the one apologizing, the panel would have to be at least 10 times bigger. :wink:
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Freemage on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:07 pm

The apology was definitely how one would expect Rich to apologize. The fact that he apologized at all, however, is what made such an impact on Penny. She's so used to the power-games and head-fuckery that for him to take even a moment to pause and acknowledge a screw-up is a big deal to her.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby iRobot on Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:16 pm

KiZeR wrote:I still don't get how a guy could fall asleep on a girl without having orgasm first. Maybe the pain of blueballs was so bad he passed out?

[badjoke]That's because Rich is gay.[/badjoke]
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:27 pm

iRobot wrote:
KiZeR wrote:I still don't get how a guy could fall asleep on a girl without having orgasm first. Maybe the pain of blueballs was so bad he passed out?

[badjoke]That's because Rich is gay.[/badjoke]

I know he's quite joyful, but what does that have to do with the problem at hand? :wink:

Actually I think it was for one of this reasons:
    1. He had not enough sleep the night before, due to some heavy studying. (ha ha)
    2. He had so much adrenaline in him due to the skating and the foreplay that when he relaxed, he felt really tired.
    3. He didn't care that much. Too much effort.
    4. Hey! They were doing excercise! Perhaps he just needs a stronger deodorant... :okthen:
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby isobel on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:32 pm

I can't stop giggling at Penny. She's a doll, really, even when trying to madly save face or in a puddle on the sidewalk. I have to hand it to whoever posted that girls lie about gettin' booty just as much as guys do.

This strip just makes me giddy. Especially Mr. Tree-Hugger in the background. :lol:
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby seph2710 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:07 am

Because he didn't fall asleep. He was faking it to do the same thing Penny was trying to do: control the situation by saying "I don't want it as much as you do, so you're the one who has to do something." It wasn't a particularly GOOD plan if he was actually thinking that would get them somewhere, but the "moment" was already effectively shut down by their power struggle. Another possibility is he was tired of dealing the situation and feigned sleep to escape it.
"I see only despair..." -- Ghaleon
"There isn't a problem in the world that can't be solved by throwing lots of ninjas at it"
seph2710
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ria on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:16 am

Wow. Y'all are way more optimistic than I am. When I see Rich apologizing, I see the manipulator. Making sure to maintain that emotional attachment, and for so little effort (two words!). I am thinking maybe I'm generalizing my own experiences too much.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby badkittyface on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:30 am

he must have apologized to her at least a day later, because Penny's wearing a completely different outfit. and at least a day after that, she tells her friends about it (again, new outfit) and spins the truth.

no wonder she's willing to accept an apology, no matter how lame or half-assed... this strip is yet another illustration of how Penny doesn't seem to have any true friends. none that she trusts, anyway, no matter how they may feel about her. i think that that's partly why she's drawn to Aggie: they're both loners, in a way.

p.s. i really liked the background scenery in this strip. very detailed, yet very unobtrusive... good job!
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JK9000 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:42 am

ria wrote:Wow. Y'all are way more optimistic than I am. When I see Rich apologizing, I see the manipulator. Making sure to maintain that emotional attachment, and for so little effort (two words!). I am thinking maybe I'm generalizing my own experiences too much.

I find it hard to believe Rich is capable of that sort of forethought, even if he had that malicious nature.
Winter is Coming.
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daanton on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:10 am

snowp14 wrote:I like the little Archie Comics-like gimmick, with the guy in the background running into the tree :lol:

Careful. The last time someone here said anything about Archie Comics, it was to bad-mouth it and call it un-reality.

I look at it this way: if you don't care for Archie Comics, don't buy any of them. And don't diss those forum users who do. Or if you want to be really demonic, you can start organizing a global Archie Comics ban (good luck!)...

Now back to Penny & Aggie:

snowp14 wrote:Mm poor Michelle. That must suck having to hear that.

um..... ok. But don't I remember her starting to do "something" to Stan after he "calmed her down"?? He seemed to enjoy it. I thought she did, too....
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:19 am

Freemage wrote:The apology was definitely how one would expect Rich to apologize. The fact that he apologized at all, however, is what made such an impact on Penny. She's so used to the power-games and head-fuckery that for him to take even a moment to pause and acknowledge a screw-up is a big deal to her.

Seconded. She is also big on style and charm, which is part of what makes her so attracted to Rich, along with that they have so much in common i.e. Rich is just as caught up in power-games as Penny, he just leans towards a different crowd.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ria on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:45 pm

JK9000 wrote:
ria wrote:Wow. Y'all are way more optimistic than I am. When I see Rich apologizing, I see the manipulator. Making sure to maintain that emotional attachment, and for so little effort (two words!). I am thinking maybe I'm generalizing my own experiences too much.

I find it hard to believe Rich is capable of that sort of forethought, even if he had that malicious nature.

It's not usually intentional. I'm not saying Rich has some sort of master plan or something :)
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby snowp14 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:40 pm

Careful. The last time someone here said anything about Archie Comics, it was to bad-mouth it and call it un-reality.

I look at it this way: if you don't care for Archie Comics, don't buy any of them. And don't diss those forum users who do. Or if you want to be really demonic, you can start organizing a global Archie Comics ban (good luck!)...

As unrealistic as Archie comics are, I grew up reading them as a kid, and I still enjoy reading them every so often when I go home. :)
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Black Mantha on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:31 am

JK9000 wrote:

Oh? Forgot how they got together in the first place?
Seeing, believing
Dreaming, deceiving
- Nightwish, Sleepwalker
Black Mantha
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Penny and Aggie