I TOLD you Karen + Urology = Perfect Together

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Postby isobel on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:58 am

I remember someone asking that in the questions thread, and apparently it's been longer than four months, according to our glorious leaders. How much longer, they didn't say, but I don't think it's a lot more than four months.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tsarevna_Erin on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:54 am

blazelust wrote:
I'm equally curious where I implied that Karen is a worthless cunt.

Yeah, sorry. That was a little much. My apologies, 'twas a dumb thing to say.

So, I admit that I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think that pressing the issue of sex on someone who has repeatedly turned her down is going to help her self-esteem. Karen wants to feel pretty and desirable, and she wants to feel wanted. Why is the only way to feel like this through sex?

Good question. I'm not really sure. I would never have pressured my bf for sex like that, and, frankly, I think that Marshall is being more romantic and sweet in doing what he is doing than in just what he's doing rather than in screwing her. I wish I could understand Karen's thought process in this. It could be that she feels that this is one in a long line of things that "pretty" people do. Or she could have a high sex drive.

'Swans mate for life.' Hmmm. Well, if swans = teenagers, then I can see that working. If life = couple of months. ;)

The weights arc was way before this. I think I'm safe in assuming that Marshall has already confirmed, several times, that he isn't okay with sex.

Right, I'm fine with that. I should have clarified that bringing up the Weights arc was more for people who are claiming that Marshall is aesexual and not interested in any intimacy whatsoever. I doubt they were just laying on his bed talking about squats. Sorry for not making it clear that I wasn't specifically responding to an argument you made.

I was using 'helping' figuratively. She is absolutely not entitled to help him. In fact, I think they could use some time apart to work with their separate issues.

Agreed, and I think that however the shower situation is resolved, she should take it. They both should. I believe that THEY believe they are in love, and they're trying to hang on because of that. I think that neither of them are in a place where they are emotionally ready enough for a relationship. Marshall needs to heal longer and Karen needs to get herself together.

Hey! If you switch the names around, we can apply that statement to a lot of other people.

Heh. Touche. :wink:
Tsarevna_Erin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sebastian on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:22 am

Do you know that "benefit of doubt " that I said wanted to give to Karen?
Well, she just lost it.
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby ria on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:33 am

Yeah, I don't even know what to say. Ugh.

Not that I don't still feel for her (as much as I can feel for a fictional character, anyway)... I call myself an equal-opportunity softie :p But still, ugh.

Marshall's lines in the first panel just make it all so sad.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby taotu on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:47 am

Okay. Karen was wrong, wrong, wrong, and she feels no remorse, even in the face of Marshall's discomfort and shame at what just happened? No! No, she gets a power trip!

I seriously, upon reading this strip, yelled 'BITCH!' at my computer screen. I don't know that it heard me.
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ZillahLewis on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:08 am

God, I hate this chick.

Please forgive as I pick up something from like a week ago.
Kruz, I concur, he's not being forced into a single thing. He could have walked away at any moment, probably should have, and didn't. Doesn't mean Karen is being any less of a controlling jerk, which is my main problem and focus with these two. I see the way Karen is treating him, and I really just see someone controlling him, which is a type of force in my view.
Sebastian, I didn't mean to imply that Marshall was on a higher level than Karen. I'm not very creative, and I completely suck at making analogies and honestly shouldn't. What I'm trying to show my irritation with is the way she has such a disregard for what Marshall says. Marshall should leave her and, for whatever reason, probably utter deception, he's staying with her. He doesn't want sex. She does. She has every right to. He has every right not to. Both of them should leave each other. Or, in the past, anyway, since Karen seems to be getting what she wants now. However, it still stands, if someone is more in the right than the other, it's definitely not Karen. Perhaps you have the same view, at least now?
Ciao,
Alms
ZillahLewis
Junior Keenspotter

Postby daanton on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:11 am

taotu wrote:Okay. Karen was wrong, wrong, wrong, and she feels no remorse, even in the face of Marshall's discomfort and shame at what just happened? No! No, she gets a power trip!

I seriously, upon reading this strip, yelled 'BITCH!' at my computer screen. I don't know that it heard me.

Karen's turning into another user of people, isn't she?? :evilgrin:
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Penny and Aggie