[10/20] Usually...

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Postby LeonardC on Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Incidentally, does anyone else find it weird that even though Karen's hair got all slicked down in the shower, her lipstick is still glossy and perfect?
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:25 pm

LeonardC wrote:Incidentally, does anyone else find it weird that even though Karen's hair got all slicked down in the shower, her lipstick is still glossy and perfect?

Some glosses and lipsticks have to be washed off with a makeup remover, and won't come off with just water. I'm sure it's just one of those art quirks, actually, but makeup is so damn complicated sometimes :P
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby StarKruzr on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:07 pm

::rubs eyes:: I was convinced he said "enough." So weird.

Anyway. That weakens my position, but "important thing" still works the same way.

Marshall is damaged, but so is Karen. I don't think this is going to end well.
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby isobel on Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:14 pm

AGH, WTF KAREN?!

Okay, can anyone defend this? She might have admitted she was insecure, but she just sexually assaulted him. She had an expression on her face in the last panel that was far from loving, concerned, or even mischievous. This was straight wrong, and I think she knows it but doesn't care. That was the last time I will cut her slack, because this is too fucking much for me. Anyone else wants to excuse her or make bitchy little assumptions about me, cool, but I am officially off Karen as a human being who deserves my sympathy and hope.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:19 pm

See, in a relationship where sex is already a regular thing, this could be iffy (could be fine). Right now, when he has expressed strong reservations to any sexual activity (that's putting it lightly) -- augh. I don't know.

I think Karen is sort of trying to put herself in the first situation, and ignore all the mitigating factors that make this a Bad Idea.

Depends on how Marshall reacts once he gets past the initial "whoa" stage he's in right now. His brain will take hold at some point. But, uh, I would be taking back that "I won't leave you" now. If it were me.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Papuasblya on Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:29 pm

isobel wrote:AGH, WTF KAREN?!

Okay, can anyone defend this? She might have admitted she was insecure, but she just sexually assaulted him. She had an expression on her face in the last panel that was far from loving, concerned, or even mischievous. This was straight wrong, and I think she knows it but doesn't care. That was the last time I will cut her slack, because this is too fucking much for me. Anyone else wants to excuse her or make bitchy little assumptions about me, cool, but I am officially off Karen as a human being who deserves my sympathy and hope.

No. She said 'say when.' As in 'my hand's on your thigh and going north, tell me when to stop.' If he says stop and she still goes for the Wand fo Wonder, THAT'S assault, if you've spent too long in North America. Out here in the world, when a wet naked chick built like a pirate's wench on her knees gives you THAT smile when she grabs you THERE, we don't call it "assault," we call it "Proof of the Existence of a Loving and Generous God."

She's gone up about 1000 points in my book, not just because she's gone from being a sad manipulative plushtoy to being a hot curvy manipulative bitch hosemonster -- always a crowdpleaser where I come from -- but because if nothing else, we're finally going to find out if Marshall eats surf or turf by the end of the next strip in this thread. I've got ten bucks says that in that frame she's blowing steam from her ears and his eyes are squeezed shut and he's sobbing out "Oh God Yes [insert name of babysitter, priest, close relative, Ann Coulter, etc. here]."
Three generations of imbeciles is enough.
Papuasblya
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Raitoo on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:23 am

I didn't think she was grabbing his thigh. It's kind of ambiguous--I thought her "say when" meant "say when you want me to stop the handjob--if you can," which makes it 100000x creepier.

And he already said stop. I mean, if he hadn't said anything either way earlier, he'd have to choose now--sex, yes or no--but he's already said no.

(Edited to remove frustrated capslocking and to reword.)
Raitoo
Junior Keenspotter

Postby stregascozzese on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:11 am

isobel wrote:AGH, WTF KAREN?!

I think "sexually assaulted him" is a bit strong. She did ask, and he didn't stop her by word or deed this time. She's not exactly pinning him down, all he needs to do to get away from her is take a step back. He has a clear line of retreat and is choosing not to use it. Does all consent have to be written in triplicate?
stregascozzese
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Rebochan on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:11 am

Papuasblya wrote:No. She said 'say when.' As in 'my hand's on your thigh and going north, tell me when to stop.' If he says stop and she still goes for the Wand fo Wonder, THAT'S assault, if you've spent too long in North America. Out here in the world, when a wet naked chick built like a pirate's wench on her knees gives you THAT smile when she grabs you THERE, we don't call it "assault," we call it "Proof of the Existence of a Loving and Generous God."
Ah yes, all men should turn off their brains and just screw anything that makes themselves availible. It's not like women have personalities or anything.

She's gone up about 1000 points in my book, not just because she's gone from being a sad manipulative plushtoy to being a hot curvy manipulative bitch hosemonster -- always a crowdpleaser where I come from -- but because if nothing else, we're finally going to find out if Marshall eats surf or turf by the end of the next strip in this thread. I've got ten bucks says that in that frame she's blowing steam from her ears and his eyes are squeezed shut and he's sobbing out "Oh God Yes [insert name of babysitter, priest, close relative, Ann Coulter, etc. here]."
So would you be so understanding if the roles were reversed and Marshall was pulling this on Karen? Would Marshall go up 1000 points in your book if it was him running his hands up an unwilling Karen's crotch or breasts, with only a "Say when?"

Blessed sexual double-standards. It's nice to know they exist in...wherever the hell you come from.
Rebochan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby isobel on Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:37 am

It looked to me like her hand was most certainly not on his thigh. Assuming it is, though, I'm not sure I like her anyway. This is perhaps not the best time to avoid using a light touch. If nothing else, Marshall almost looked pained. :evilgrin:
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Quickly ranting and moving on...

Postby Sassy-fras on Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:38 am

Quick cents....

No. 1 That face Karen makes on the last panel SCARES ME TO DEATH! Its like "Victory is mine!"

No. 2 It is evident that Karen is from Venus and Marshall is from Mars (I wonder if anyone ever called him Mars?). Communication? Totally lacking!

No. 3 Karen does need a rude awakening. You can be the most beautiful person on earth and still get hurt. I think Karen may be numbing herself eomtionally and not realizing how much damage she's doing to herself and to the people around her. And if she IS aware...that's even worse. O_O

No. 4 As much as I think Marshall needs a little nookey (from someone that ACTUALLY LISTENS to HIM), he's a chump if he just let's Karen get away with that. Okay, she DID give him an opening to say no (and I'm sure he'll need a few seconds to say 'No'), but where's the respect? Maybe my mind is a lil old fashioned, but I always thought it was more attractive when a guy and a girl actually listen to each other and comprehend what they both desire.

No. 5 If pretty people get what they want, why doesn't she just...get another guy??? O_o Ugh...I miss Penny and Aggie fights. Those I laughed at. Marshall and Karen just frustrate me. *puts her Marsh and Karen plushies in a box. Marks it... DO NOT OPEN TILL 2010*
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Quickly ranting and moving on...

Postby atristain on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:07 am

Sassy-fras wrote:No. 1 That face Karen makes on the last panel SCARES ME TO DEATH! Its like "Victory is mine!"

It looks to me like she's saying "Mine! Mine!" with that face.

And for some odd reason, when I read what Karen said on the fourth panel, I thought she was saying "Just say 'Uncle'!" :oops:

For the sake of Marshall and the next generation of Marshall's, I hope she's using only her fingers and not her nails. :x
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Re: Quickly ranting and moving on...

Postby LeonardC on Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:20 pm

Sassy-fras wrote:No. 2 It is evident that Karen is from Venus and Marshall is from Mars (I wonder if anyone ever called him Mars?). Communication? Totally lacking!

No. Marshall is from Venus. He cares more about emotions and relationships than about getting laid, and the "Names" strip said he's effeminate in other ways. That's why so many people keep accusing him of being gay, because anybody who doesn't act like a beer-can stereotype of masculinity is automatically presumed to suck dick.

Karen isn't exactly from Mars, but she's not from Marshall's planet either. Don't know where she's coming from. (Must... resist... temptation... to say "Uranus." Damn, too late.)
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 am

HOLY CRAP.

DOOM.
DOOM TAKE US ALL.

Anyway, her look in the penultimate panel makes me feel like she's almost, ALMOST at the point of redeeming herself... but that last panel destroys it.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby atristain on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 am

Mravac Kid wrote:HOLY CRAP.

DOOM.
DOOM TAKE US ALL.

Anyway, her look in the penultimate panel makes me feel like she's almost, ALMOST at the point of redeeming herself... but that last panel destroys it.

That last panel just confirms that, after keeping Marshall 'at an arm's length', she suddenly decided to tight the leash. :x
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Penny and Aggie