[10/18] I DESERVE to be SEDUCED!

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

[10/18] I DESERVE to be SEDUCED!

Postby Saint_37 on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:44 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Penny makes me laff. She's even a drama queen in her own thoughts! Golden.
There is never a need to outrun anything you can outwit.

The madness drives me away only to lure me back again.

"I am posting in this high quality thread."
Saint_37
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ollie_Vera on Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:01 am

I agree. Great stuff, you guys. :lol: Dialogue is great, and so is Penny's expression in the last panel.
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nhoddity on Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:28 pm

Honestly, I can perfectly understand Richy's rather humorous reaction. He's expecting Penny to have no thoughts about it and to just go with whatever he does, because, really, I do believe that's how Richy thinks. Not as a steriotypical man--BOY, but as Rich. And now he thinks she's just having a fit over nothing and it's probably confusing him more then some other things. So he's not going to even bother dwelling on it and just snoozes off.
Now, on to Penny's side, I think she deserved the cold shoulder like whoa. She wasn't saying a WORD, how does she expect Richy to know at all what she wants? Or how she feels? Commonly said, 'Men aren't mindreaders' although most times we wish they were. I think Penny needs to com-un-i-cate. Otherwise, it's no wonder why their relasionship went down the drain.
Personally, I think Penny and Rich would be the perfect couple, if there was such a thing. Penny is constantly trying to be ahead and impress and Rich is always trying to be hardcore and a bit of a showoff. Now, the problem with this sort of relasionship is that with as big of heads as they have, they are always trying to be more in control then the other, which would more then likely lead to conflict.

Or, you know, I could just be looking way too into this. :oops:
nhoddity
Junior Keenspotter

Postby kokutan on Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:55 pm

This comic both amused me and made me sad.

Rich is both acting like a typical guy and not acting like your average teenager at all. Rolling over and going so sleep, hahaha I love it. But not going after her AT ALL, that seems unreal to me. 'Specially with a guy like Rich. :grumble: It's ironic that taking "no" for an answer turns out to be the wrong thing to do.

But Penny made me laugh. Poor baby, her boy can't read minds!
Well, it made sense in my head.
kokutan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby taotu on Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:56 pm

:lol: SO amused right now.

a) 'Cause Rich is AWESOME- such catastrophic levels of jackassery are just funny.

b) 'Cause Penny used the word 'chippies'!
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LeonardC on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:12 pm

My thought when reading this was: wow, you go, Rich. Penny got EXACTLY what she deserved.

You want sex, you ask for it. Very simple. If you expect someone else to do all the work, you have no right to bitch when they choose not to.
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:15 pm

Like I said in the other thread--what Penny's wanting is really what Karen has been wanting all along; to be chased, to be wanted, and to be considered worth the effort of doing so.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sebastian on Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 pm

Penny need that mind switching device from Faans, She could put Duane's mind in Rich's body and would have her perfect lover, with killing bod and always willing to praise and woo her. :)
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Black Mantha on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:20 am

Sebastian wrote:Penny need that mind switching device from Faans, She could put Duane's mind in Rich's body and would have her perfect lover, with killing bod and always willing to praise and woo her. :)

Duane's looks weren't really a problem...
Seeing, believing
Dreaming, deceiving
- Nightwish, Sleepwalker
Black Mantha
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:45 am

kokutan wrote:Rich is both acting like a typical guy and not acting like your average teenager at all. Rolling over and going so sleep, hahaha I love it. But not going after her AT ALL, that seems unreal to me. 'Specially with a guy like Rich. :grumble: It's ironic that taking "no" for an answer turns out to be the wrong thing to do.

Of course not! The typical guy would have dressed himself and go back home... Wait... He's already in his house! :wink:

Perhaps it was for the better. I don't think he would use protection in this case either...
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Karasuma on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:06 am

Ok, you guys are all nuts. I completely side with Penny on this one. Communication IS key, but that being said...

WAY TO RUSH TO THE FINISH LINE ASS.

Sex is a nice little game you can play with someone, see how worked up you can get before you give in. Penny's into the emotional aspect of it, Rich is not. She's angry that he doesn't care enough about her pleasure to get her worked up and/or put any effort into getting laid. His falling asleep sort of cements it. That'd be a relationship ender right there, dude falls asleep in response to me being angry? Whether I'm being tight lipped or not, it's just freaking RUDE.

Poor Penny, every girl deserves to be wo'ed, and every guy deserves to feel like sex is a huge reward. Meaningless stuff just doesn't cut it, it doesn't even PHYSICALLY feel good.

...Just my two cents! :roll:
Sleep, that's where I'm a Viking!
Karasuma
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ria on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:52 pm

Yeah, I am not getting the whole "Penny deserved it" line of thinking. While she was being beyond silly with the "seduce me!" stuff, she does deserve an attentive partner who actually cares about her getting off too. Rich, in accordance with what we know about him anyhow, isn't seeing Penny as anything more than a somewhat-more-complicated pocket pussy. A means to get himself off, screw how she feels.

She doesn't deserve that.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:44 pm

Poor Penny!

Her men tend to fall in two cathegories: The unattentive selfish jerk (the one who chicks dig) or the extremely attentive (almost falling in freaky stalker) nice guy. (the one who chicks find dull and boring)

I have no doubt that Duane would try to seduce her with his tongue...

I meant poetry! Pervs! :evilgrin:
Last edited by atristain on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ollie_Vera on Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:25 pm

atristain wrote:His men

Meaning her?
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Freemage on Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:30 pm

The Rich-bashing is getting a bit thick, here....

I suspect it'd be far more accurate to say that he simply doesn't realize that Penny wants something other than what he does. When he rolled her over, saying, "This much," he genuinely believed that he was demonstrating to her the intensity of his attraction. The problem is, he's sending non-verbal communication to a verbal receptor; not particularly effective.

I really think that by this point in their relationship, he'd moved beyond simply seeing her as a trophy conquest; that's why he was at least occasionally prone to being moved by her pleas for safety, etc.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby isobel on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:12 pm

I think Richie boy is just a little thick. He might have thought he was sending her a seductive message about how much he wants her, but now that it didn't work, he's just given up rather than trying to tell her again. Which is not a BIGHUGEFLAWOMG, it's just...Rich being a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to girls. I mean, to be fair, I doubt he's ever had to try to talk a girl out of her clothes before, so this is all kinds of new to him. He might have moved past seeing Penny as a trophy conquest (I have my doubts about that, though, with both of them. They're treating this wayyy too politically, IMO), but that doesn't mean he gets her as a girl. Of course, Penny's not exactly playing with a full deck here either, since she expects some kind of wooing out of a movie, and can't quite get that the only movie Rich would be caught dead in would be jackass.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LeonardC on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:34 pm

ria wrote:Yeah, I am not getting the whole "Penny deserved it" line of thinking. While she was being beyond silly with the "seduce me!" stuff, she does deserve an attentive partner who actually cares about her getting off too. Rich, in accordance with what we know about him anyhow, isn't seeing Penny as anything more than a somewhat-more-complicated pocket pussy. A means to get himself off, screw how she feels.

She doesn't deserve that.

If she's a means to get himself off, how come he's not bothering anymore? He could have gotten his rocks off if he was willing to play her little game. But he didn't. He seems to have just decided it wasn't worth the bother. I don't blame him.

Penny doesn't care about Rich any more than Rich cares about Penny. They're each attracted to what the other one represents. The dangerous exciting hunk wants the most popular girl in school, and vice versa. And they both know perfectly well they're playing a power game ("I am in control"). Penny wants Rich to try to seduce her, as a form of obeisance to her, just to demonstrate she's in control more. He refuses to play, and therefore he wins, because the rules of the game say that the one who wants it less is the one in charge.

Is it a relationship ender? Sure, easily could be, if being uncaring is cause for the relationship ending - but since when was this relationship ever actually about that? Michelle: "Yeah, he was never a jerk BEFORE that." If you want a guy who's not an asshole, you don't date the one who only excites you because he's a Bad Boy. Unfortunately, it seems that that's all that really gets Penny off right now - as Black Mantha wrote, Duane's looks were not his problem.

Stan and Michelle seem to care for each other, however awkwardly; I'd say Marshall seems to care for Karen, if a little coldly (and one-sidedly). But these two are not in it for the caring. They're in it for the status and one-upmanship. And Rich just beat Penny at that game. The point goes to Rich.
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby quitejaded on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:15 pm

taotu wrote::lol: SO amused right now.

a) 'Cause Rich is AWESOME- such catastrophic levels of jackassery are just funny.

How is he a Jackass? NOthing he does pleases Penny and penny won't direct him. I would have done the same thing.

never heard the word chippies. What is it?
quitejaded
Keenspotter Supreme

Minor editing

Postby Papuasblya on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:27 pm

for "seduced" read "planked like a farm animal."
Three generations of imbeciles is enough.
Papuasblya
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:10 pm

Looks to me like Penny was trying to tell him what she wanted the whole way through. He wanted to rush past what she was requesting and do things his way.

Not that Penny is saintly herself. Many people have exactly nailed this, 1) they're both on a power trip in this relationship, and feel the need to exert control, and 2) they're both high school kids who have little or no experience and don't really think things through terribly far.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:18 am

quitejaded wrote:

How is he a Jackass? NOthing he does pleases Penny and penny won't direct him. I would have done the same thing.

Well, I know it's English (as in British) slang, and the first site I found with a reference states that it's specifically a female prostitute. In the broader sense, it's a girl who gives it up easily--in America, the term 'ho' has come into much the same usage, even tho' it, too, started out as just a shortening of 'whore'.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby quitejaded on Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Oh, the way you describe it, it seems more like SLUT than Hoe.
quitejaded
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Archon Divinus on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:53 pm

Especially seeing as how a hoe is a gardening implement.
Archon Divinus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:16 am

Archon Divinus wrote:Especially seeing as how a hoe is a gardening implement.

Let's give the man the P&A "punishing" prize for making the pun I could not formulate. 8)
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby taotu on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:31 pm

quitejaded wrote:

How is he a Jackass? Nothing he does pleases Penny and penny won't direct him. I would have done the same thing.

Jackass not in the meaning of 'jerk'- uhm- how do I describe it- you know those old Bugs Bunny cartoons where Bugs does something dumb and then there's this moment where he pictures himself as a jackass? Yeah. Rich is about to have one of those moments where he's like 'oh crap- she wasn't being a prude- she actually DID want to sleep with me! Damn it, I don't understand women... I need to watch- what's that show called- the one with the sex... in the city... Cheers?'

...Anyway, yeah. XD I don't think Rich was being an asshole here. I just think he completely misunderstood Penny and by letting himself fall asleep is gonna get totally iced out the next day.
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Penny and Aggie