Wow. (10/13)

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Wow. (10/13)

Postby ria on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 pm

There's something I wasn't expecting.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby StarKruzr on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:10 pm

I don't think Stan is gay. I DO think he has a serious man-crush.

I also REALLY like Stan and Chelle as a couple.
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby isobel on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:12 pm

StarKruzr wrote:I don't think Stan is gay. I DO think he has a serious man-crush.

I also REALLY like Stan and Chelle as a couple.

Sort of a non-sexual crush, with all the infatuation but none of the wanting in Richie's baggy torn pants? I can see it, especially with the "groupie flakes" comment. They both admire Rich, but he writes them both off.

I like Stan and Michelle as a couple too. I hope they work out.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JK9000 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:21 pm

Rock on, Stan. Rock on.
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sebastian on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:31 pm

I'm the only one that think that last panel sound a little like an attempt of convincing himself?
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kaymcc on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:41 pm

I love it. So awesome. :D
Kaymcc
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:04 am

Sebastian wrote:I'm the only one that think that last panel sound a little like an attempt of convincing himself?

I had some issues with that myself. On the one hand, it sounds like it could be denial, but on the other hand, this is the man who "falls in love with the words" and is prone to following trains of thought just because rather than out of any agreement with them. So I call it a wash until we get more explanation.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pope William T Wodium on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:13 am

Isobel - it's not even the other hand. It's the one and only. Stan thinks too much, and the fourth panel is him recognizing this. I have that same tendancy, and it's always nice when you realize you're following a train of thought that doesn't even have tracks laid.

Or something. Forgive my tired metaphor.

(Note: I don't think it's possible to think "too much," but that phrase seemed like the most concise way to convey the idea.)
Pope William T Wodium, Lord of Odium, Poo-Bah of Podium, Sultan of Sodium, Prince of Rhodium, and the Eldest of that Name
-><-
As a Pope, I reserve the right to invoke infallibility at any time, including retroactively.
Pope William T Wodium
Keenspot Despot

Postby CassSpaz on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:23 am

Stan in the second panel both disturbs, and arouses me. :wink:
CassSpaz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sheenaj on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:35 am

Maybe he has a personality crush? :D
You either want to know that person and be their friend, or want to be that person. Infatuation. Or what it means that he's in bed with a girl who really wanted Rich, if it means anything at all.
Sheenaj
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Starline on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:50 am

I think his train of thought changed because he's getting head in the last panel.
Starline
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SatoshiSaotome on Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:13 am

Until I see more, I believe it to be a man-crush.

Hell, I have a man crush on Chris Patton and Jerry Jewell. If you do not know them, shame on you. Between those two, they have done almost every single one of my favorite anime main male lead.

I highly admire the two, I think they have great work, and I would gladly push over a little old lady, a nun, and a blindman just to get an autograph.

*I do not condone the mistreating of nun's the elderly or the blind, but hey it is pretty damn funny.

But I sure as hell do not want to jump their man meat. I am pretty sure its similar with Stan and Rich. Then again... if could be the first stages of realizing he is homosexual... or bisexual.
Burn the land.
Boil the Sea.
You can take the sky from me.
SatoshiSaotome
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Chrysee on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:05 am

Y'know what's interesting? Lots of people reallly don't much like the character of Marshall, and alot of people (not everyone, so don't jump down my throat) seem to think he's gay based on conjecture when there's been little shown in the comic to lead to that conclusion.

People like Stan. Now this happens and -no one- wants to think he might be gay, even though this comic is much more evidence for that than anything we've seen of Marshall.

Now that's very interesting. ;P

I don't really think either of them are gay, but it certainly is easy how one is willing to jump to conclusions based on whether they like the character or not and not on any real "evidence"
Chrysee
Keenspotter Supreme

This comic has gone, where no comic has gone before...maybe.

Postby Sassy-fras on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:20 am

Okay, it's official. Today's strip has literally left me in a state of confusion. :cry: I would have never considered Stan digging guys. On the one hand, his thoughts could simply be strange ramblings of his subconscious, but on the other his thoughts could also be something more. Why? Simply because....this comic never just gives you something for nothing. *glares at T and Giselle* I see them sitting there, giggling wickedly as they torment our little minds. All I know is if there is a slight possiblity Stan digs Rich (I'm hoping it's just a man-crush), it will crush Michelle! I like Michelle and all her weird workings. I so want her to be happy. *hugs her Michelle plushie!*
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daanton on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:59 am

Wow! I didn't know Stan could have more than one conscience... :smug:
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby iRobot on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:05 am

isobel wrote:So I call it a wash until we get more explanation.

Yeah, my thoughts, too.

But this has certainly thrown me for a loop. Wow. :D
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:22 am

daanton wrote:Wow! I didn't know Stan could have more than one conscience... :smug:

They look more to me as his SuperEgo and a Yes-man. :wink:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby JK9000 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:36 am

It's just as he said. Stan waxes philosophic for the first three panels, entertaining the notion that he's using Michelle as a medium for his feelings for Rich, as well as noting his bizzare similarity with Michelle: both have unrequited attraction to Rich, and both are hangers-on to more powerful central figures. (Rich and Penny)

The last panel is Stan patting himself on the back for his own awesomeness; realizing that while the above may-or-may-not be true, he doesn't care becuase he's just in it for the chuckles. Though mostly that grin is for getting head.

A sidenote; "more than a thrill" could have some intersting interpretations. Either, as Stan himself thought, it's becuase having sex with Michelle is somehow stroking his attraction to Rich; or becuase he' genuinely developping feelings for Michelle.
Winter is Coming.
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Maude on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:03 am

Hey! Did anyone notice the striking similarity between today's comic and this one?

http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060811.html

He's literally become Rich's woman. (Cuz I'm your LAAAAAAADYYYYY! And you are my MAAAAAAAAN! XDD) Plus, I'm loving the fact that Jack states "Nice image" and then in today's comic we get the full blown mental picture.

Other than that, all I have to say is Stan in a pink, frilly dress = h0tt

... whaaaaaat? Am I the only one here who thinks it'd be kinda smexy if Stan was a crossdressing 'mo? Ah, the possibilites. *dreams!*
Maude
Junior Keenspotter

Postby GreenKore on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:38 am

Though a man crush seems like a tempting idea, Stan would make an awesome gay man. Really and truly. As a transvestite, on the other hand, I think he may need some work. I mean, pigtails...? It's kind of National Coming Out week, too, which I'm not entirely sure is a coincidence.

The last panel seems a bit suspicious, as if he's trying to explain his feelings away, but that could be reading into things. Then again, what are forums for?
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:57 am

Thus, we present you with the first P&A' Yaoi comic...

(Sarah's rigther than thou imagination doesn't count)

EDIT: Why do a lot of people think Michelle is working in Stan's nether parts?
I know the face of satisfaction in 4th panel can be confusing and Michelle needs to eat more, and perhaps she's getting ahead of her problems thanks to Stan, but drawing her giving Stan "something for his bothering" would cause more trouble than what Gis and T would want, specially in a PG-13 comic strip.

I think the 1st panel is intended to be more of them cuddling, even when it can cause some misinterpretations.
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Archon Divinus on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:42 am

daanton wrote:Wow! I didn't know Stan could have more than one conscience... :smug:

This is Stan. His conscience is going to need some one to talk to.
Archon Divinus
Keenspotter Supreme

meh...meh...and meh!

Postby Sassy-fras on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:59 am

atristain
Thus, we present you with the first P&A' Yaoi comic...

O_o eep!
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Klugheit on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:34 am

Closet bisexual.
Klugheit
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sunshine4u on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:54 am

atristain wrote:EDIT: Why do a lot of people think Michelle is working in Stan's nether parts?
I know the face of satisfaction in 4th panel can be confusing and Michelle needs to eat more, and perhaps she's getting ahead of her problems thanks to Stan, but drawing her giving Stan "something for his bothering" would cause more trouble than what Gis and T would want, specially in a PG-13 comic strip.

I think the 1st panel is intended to be more of them cuddling, even when it can cause some misinterpretations.

I would have to disagree. I remember Marshall and Karen walking in on Stan with Brandi (http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060807.html) which distinctly looks like the same situation going on with Michelle and Stan.

On another note: I was actually a little confused on the last two panels. I'm not sure what it is all suppose to mean. :-?

However, I can contribute to the man-crush idea. I had a couple of friends in high school that followed around a leader type very similar to Rich. If you ever asked them anything about him, they would talk him up as if they all wished to be just like him. This situation reminds me of that.

I also have friends who were gay, but not "out" during high school and I found that none of the circumstances that have occurred in the comic so far have related which leads me to believe that Stan and Marshall most likely aren't gay.

Stan most likely does have a man-crush which happens a lot with guys who have a confident leader type friends and Marshall could be straight-edge without the title. I know a couple of guys who have chosen to stay a virgin until the right time. I also know a guy recently who dumped this girl because all she seemed to want was to get into his pants. He was both offended and disgusted.

All in all, I think the comic is portrayed very realistically.
~Kate
Sunshine4u
Junior Keenspotter

Next

Return to Penny and Aggie