10-11-06 Awkward Sexual Encounters for all!

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Postby ann on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:25 am

Has anyone noticed how Penny and Rich are the first couple we've seen where it's the guy pushing the girl into sex? We've had Michelle throwing herself at Stan (which he was initially really uncomfortable about because of the Rich situation), Charisma trying to persuade Nick to have phone sex when he clearly didn't want to, Brandi grabbing Stan by the wrist and dragging him into the bedroom (OK, he didn't seem to mind, but she didn't look like she was giving him that much choice really) http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060802.html
and of course, Karen and Marshall. For the first time we've seen a guy trying to push a girl into taking things faster than she wants to, although I suppose this case is a bit different because we can assume Penny wants something to happen here.

Penny's reaction is interesting. Is her anger an attempt to hide the fact that she actually feels quite scared and nervous about sex and Rich taking things so quickly is making it worse for her? Or perhaps she's offended because she thinks that Rich is assuming she's not a virgin? Or maybe she was just looking forward to a slow, drawn out session and is pissed off that it looks like he'll have finished before she's started. Then again, maybe what she really wants is to have him follow her every order and is annoyed that he seems to be ignoring her requests to slow down. So many possibilities! As ever, it's probably a combination of all of them. I think she has all the normal fears any girl has about having sex for the first time but thinks that as long as she stays in control and they do everything her way it will be OK. And since she's used to being in control, she wasn't counting on that being an issue.
ann
Junior Keenspotter

Re: 10-11-06 Awkward Sexual Encounters for all!

Postby quitejaded on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:17 pm

taotu wrote:He's going for it! And- and- YES! HE LANDS SECOND BASE!

Seriously- this is very much not what I expected from this arc, all this angsty and awkward and all but one failed attempts at sex is so... realistic! This is the most realistic comic I think I've ever read. I really identify with all the characters- even the ones I don't particularly like.

In other words- poor Rich, poor Penny. They are noooot suited to each other's sexual instincts, from the looks of it.

You and me -- LETS GET IT ON! NO OBJECTIONS! >:O
quitejaded
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to Penny and Aggie