10-11-06 Awkward Sexual Encounters for all!

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

10-11-06 Awkward Sexual Encounters for all!

Postby taotu on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:58 pm

He's going for it! And- and- YES! HE LANDS SECOND BASE!

Seriously- this is very much not what I expected from this arc, all this angsty and awkward and all but one failed attempts at sex is so... realistic! This is the most realistic comic I think I've ever read. I really identify with all the characters- even the ones I don't particularly like.

In other words- poor Rich, poor Penny. They are noooot suited to each other's sexual instincts, from the looks of it.
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:35 am

Oh, Rich. I mean, extreme skateboarding, okay, I can forgive you for being in high school. The James-Dean-wannabe thing, fine, that too. Maybe even the treating your Vespa like a Harley. But would it kill you to not blunder in with your brain turned off all the time?

'Course, Penny, you're not exactly helping it by seeming like an *ahem* experienced woman to our boy Rich.

Oh, what the hell, I'm not being hard on either one of them, I just think they're hopelessly out of tune. Which is, after all, what high school is all about. Poor little guys. :nervous: At least they tried, and I think we can all relate to that awkward "I don't know what I'm doing, oh God" feeling just a little. Now...can we go back to the other couples? Pleeeease? I never thought the alpha couple would be boring, but I want more Karen/Marshall, Stan/Michelle, and Charisma/Nick.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Stella Polaris on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:10 am

Hm. That happened to me. The guy was going too fast and it turned me off. That and that he was drunk. And that I knew he was with me because he couldn't get my friend - although I didn't much mind. It was the too-fast and the "drunk" that turned me off. I left him with his hand.

I'd like to go back to Karen and Marshal too, now.
Stella Polaris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby El Durazno Muerte on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:33 am

Wait a second... Penny remembers this as a romantic evening?

Maybe the Penny/Rich story has some legs left in it after all.
El Durazno Muerte
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby StarKruzr on Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:24 am

Well, THEY obviously are "just kids."
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby RentACop on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:38 am

Yeah, unless Penny inexplicably lied to her friends about the evening then there's still some romantic chicanery to be done.
RentACop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kash on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:18 am

she's wearing some surprisingly conservative underwear, compared to here. Odd that that was one of my first thoughts upon reading this comic.

edit: also, she seems to want some sort of Duane+Rich amalgamation. she wants Duane to be a bad boy, but she wants Rich to be poetic.

Maybe Polyamory is the way to go here, Pen!
Have everything at once!
...Or, wait... Stan.
A bad boy who, well... 'falls in love with the words'?.
Hmm.
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:35 am

RentACop wrote:Yeah, unless Penny inexplicably lied to her friends about the evening then there's still some romantic chicanery to be done.

And why wouldn't she lie about this evening? How awesome people think you are over how awesome you life really is is what it really means to Rule the School as they say, and I believe Penny has lived by that philosophy since she started high school. She would risk losing far too much face if her clique, especially Sara, found out that it went anything like this.
Last edited by Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby oddtail on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:17 am

kash wrote:...Or, wait... Stan.
A bad boy who, well... 'falls in love with the words'?.
Hmm.

Come to think of it, the two could get along well in other respects. They'd even make a cute (sort of) couple.

On the other hand, Aggie seems to fall in love with the words too, now and then... :wink:
oddtail
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:32 am

isobel wrote:Now...can we go back to the other couples? Pleeeease? I never thought the alpha couple would be boring, but I want more Karen/Marshall, Stan/Michelle, and Charisma/Nick.

And what about:
- Duane/Jack?
- Sarah/Charlotte?
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! :evilgrin:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Chrysee on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:36 am

Is this the particular night she was talking about with Michelle? I only assume so since it was part of this story arc and thus if we're only gonna see one bit of Penny's relationship it would probably be that. But really, it doesn't seem like it. I could see this being some other random day and then having that particular night occur later (perhaps Rich attempting to better seduce her since he's failing so much here).

It seems more like this day they were just together and went back to his house primarily because she got hurt (although both prolly had other motives as well). She could easily hide this from her friends. I don't think she would go out of her way to lie and say it was a more romantic evening unless Sara and Michelle knew she was with Rich that day and just had to know what happened. Then she may lie.

As much as their relationship wasn't ideal, I can't believe this is that "romantic evening" she was referring too. We've seen Rich be nice and caring before (when he took her ice skating) so I can't put it beyond him to actually do something romantic again.
Chrysee
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:28 am

I would just like to state right now that Stan/Penny would be, almost literally, too perfect of a relationship. Their collective political skill would put Stan in the Senate, and Penny in Congress (or if this is all set in Canada, both in Parliament), in a simultaneous election, sometime within the next decade. Give it another 10 years, and they'd be running the country.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby missMagdalena on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:18 pm

Oh, I would hate to see Stan and Penny, if only because I'm so fond of Michelle. They could be cute, but it would crush her.
missMagdalena
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kokutan on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:22 pm

isobel wrote:I never thought the alpha couple would be boring, but I want more Karen/Marshall, Stan/Michelle, and Charisma/Nick.

Interesting. I was actually waiting for Penny and Rich to show up again.

I really liked this strip. It's something unexpected between those two, but it's completely realistic nonetheless. And I must say "GO PENNY!" The girl knows what she wants and what she doesn't, and is not afraid to speak up about it.
Well, it made sense in my head.
kokutan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LeonardC on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:37 pm

Stan and Penny seem a little TOO perfect for each other. I think they'd get bored with each other in short order.
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JK9000 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:14 pm

Stan and Penny would never, ever happen. Think about it... how much did Stan agonize about Rich over Michelle, who for all intents and purposes was picked up for no other reason than to be tossed aside? No way in hell Stan's even going to go near Penny.
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:43 pm

I wouldn't even think Stan and Penny would be interested in each other. They each seem to like to have some amount of control/power-play in all their relationships -- but their BS wouldn't fly with one another, and that just wouldn't be any fun for them, now would it? :)
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JackFairy on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:31 pm

I can definitely emphasize with the whole, "you're going too fast; it's turning me off" bit, but I have to laugh at Penny's highschool, chick-flick-fueled "Talk to me!" Not that I have anything against couples talking, but what she seems to so obviously expect here--ridiculous romance book flowery language of desire--is so not real-life and naive. Though it IS what Duane seems to be good at.
JackFairy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:03 pm

They both seem like they're practicing performance art, trying to replicate a dance they've only ever seen stick figure illustrations of but pretending like they're the world's oldest expert, rather than practicing intimacy or enjoying one another. But they're in high school, and that is how things go :D
Last edited by ria on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Who knew Rich was a lefty?

Postby Papuasblya on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:03 pm

(eom)
Three generations of imbeciles is enough.
Papuasblya
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ivy-chan on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:51 am

It's nice seeing the difference between Rich and Penny's bedroom behaviors, Penny being emotion-oriented and wanting romanic conversation before slow, sensual sex, and Rich being action-oriented and wanting to go straight to it. Without any foreplay worth mentioning, for goodness sake, Rich! I really do like seeing realism in sex scenes, especially the awkward fumbling that's a hallmark of inexperience. Better than having them leap into the bed and automatically be Love Gods.
"Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings."
-Heinrich Heine
ivy-chan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Zombielicious on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:02 am

ivy-chan wrote:It's nice seeing the difference between Rich and Penny's bedroom behaviors, Penny being emotion-oriented and wanting romanic conversation before slow, sensual sex, and Rich being action-oriented and wanting to go straight to it. Without any foreplay worth mentioning, for goodness sake, Rich! I really do like seeing realism in sex scenes, especially the awkward fumbling that's a hallmark of inexperience. Better than having them leap into the bed and automatically be Love Gods.

Realism is good, but don't forget that there are girls who don't need foreplay in that kind of way. For some girls just some brest cuddling is enough to put them in the mood for some hawt sexxor.
Devouring brains since 1984. Braaaaains! Yummy!
Zombielicious
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:02 am

Zombielicious wrote:
ivy-chan wrote:It's nice seeing the difference between Rich and Penny's bedroom behaviors, Penny being emotion-oriented and wanting romanic conversation before slow, sensual sex, and Rich being action-oriented and wanting to go straight to it. Without any foreplay worth mentioning, for goodness sake, Rich! I really do like seeing realism in sex scenes, especially the awkward fumbling that's a hallmark of inexperience. Better than having them leap into the bed and automatically be Love Gods.

Realism is good, but don't forget that there are girls who don't need foreplay in that kind of way. For some girls just some brest cuddling is enough to put them in the mood for some hawt sexxor.

Yes, but that's more common in girls who have had some experience, which Penny, for all her airs, has not. It's not as common for girls to be hot-and-ready as soon as the guy touches their breast at that level of experience.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zombielicious on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:14 am

Freemage wrote:
Zombielicious wrote:

Yes, but that's more common in girls who have had some experience, which Penny, for all her airs, has not. It's not as common for girls to be hot-and-ready as soon as the guy touches their breast at that level of experience.

Touch
Devouring brains since 1984. Braaaaains! Yummy!
Zombielicious
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sunshine4u on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:03 am

I noticed that the Rich and Penny scenes are flashing back. They are mixed in with the current scenes with everyone else... seems to confuse the time sequence.
~Kate
Sunshine4u
Junior Keenspotter

Next

Return to Penny and Aggie