10-9 I heart Stan.

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Postby daanton on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:28 pm

iRobot wrote:I Image Michelle.

Sorry if I seem "dense", but saying that sounds to me like Michelle's a pet cat and not a human being. :grumble: She deserves better than that!
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TheTeague on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:45 pm

There has been an exponential rise in the teenage population for the last fifty years. Many are starved down to skin and bones. And Teenagers are breeding younger and younger with each passing decade, some even having to leave thier young to fend for themselves in garbage cans in the bathrooms during Prom. Please, spay your teenagers and help us fight teenage overpopulation.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby iRobot on Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:29 pm

daanton wrote:
iRobot wrote:I Image Michelle.

Sorry if I seem "dense", but saying that sounds to me like Michelle's a pet cat and not a human being. :grumble: She deserves better than that!

Buh....

Image (Just a dumb joke, anyway.)

TheTeague wrote:There has been an exponential rise in the teenage population for the last fifty years. Many are starved down to skin and bones. And Teenagers are breeding younger and younger with each passing decade, some even having to leave thier young to fend for themselves in garbage cans in the bathrooms during Prom. Please, spay your teenagers and help us fight teenage overpopulation.

That, on the other hand, was truly funny.
Kyn
-----
No, if I were really a jerk, my sig would contain lots of pictures, tired quotes, insipid "wisdom," brainless "wit," and/or lines of text art. And I would be deluded enough to somehow think that any of that was actually cool.
iRobot
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daanton on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:26 am

Don't remind me. Just because there was Twiggy doesn't mean there should be extreme-Twiggys. They should learn to balance a healthy weight with that supposedly ideal weight. For their own sake.

BTW...

iRobot wrote:Image
(Just a dumb joke, anyway.)

Gee, T & Gisele, what kind of sound effect is "convulse"?? :lol: And what would it really sound like??
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby oddtail on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:47 am

daanton wrote:Gee, T & Gisele, what kind of sound effect is "convulse"?? :lol: And what would it really sound like??

Kinda reminds me of the sound effect "EXPLODE!" from one of the Lobo comics.

Besides - do you REALLY want to know what it sounds like? ;)
oddtail
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Maude on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:58 am

Heyo! Long time lurker, first time poster, and here's what I gotsta' say!

I think it's sthuper that we're all about the Stan lurve now, since he's one of my favourite characters in the strip (with Jack. Even when they're apart I feel you just can't love one without the other. They're like Bert and Ernie... but less homosexual... m-maybe. XP) but what I don't get is why people really seemed to dislike him in the first place. Yes, I get that he's smarmy, I get that sometimes he does "baaaaaaaad" things. This is wherein lies the problem.

What's the deal with people hatin' on supposedly unmoralistic characters? It's like as soon as someone does something that's not kosher we're ready to gauge their eyes out. I've loved Stan from the start. I dug the confident jackass attitude because, hey. People ain't perfect. Plus, I found him humorous. And when I really think about it, some of my favourite characters of all time have been pretty low on the moral scale. Like Eddie and Patsy from "Absolutely Fabulous" or Karen from "Will & Grace" (or, as I like to call her, the American Patsy). These ladies are some of the most unethical bitches to hit TV, treating people like dirt, popping pills, drinking like there's no tomorrow, and I can't get enough of 'em! Nice characters are... nice, but characters with moral flaws are not only funnier, but just plain more interesting in general.

Not that I mind seeing a sweet side to Stan. It shows that he's more than an one dimensional character, but it does kinda grate my cheese when as soon as someone turns around and does something nice everyone's all, "Aaaaawww! He's really a great guy afterall. We want to sex him now!" Well I wanted to sex him from the beginning! Except that I didn't... cuz he's a fictional webcomic character, and that'd be boarderline fangirl creepy... but I did think he was badical.

</ramble>
Maude
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Freemage on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:48 am

oddtail wrote:
daanton wrote:Gee, T & Gisele, what kind of sound effect is "convulse"?? :lol: And what would it really sound like??

Heh. You should try reading No Need For Bushido sometime, where even vanishing ninjas get sound effects.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby atristain on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:46 am

Freemage wrote:
oddtail wrote:

Heh. You should try reading No Need For Bushido sometime, where even vanishing ninjas get sound effects.

Perhaps you would be happier if she put "Slam!" "Drool" "Pump!" "Drill!" "Squirt" instead?
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby oddtail on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 pm

atristain wrote:
Freemage wrote:
oddtail wrote:

Perhaps you would be happier if she put "Slam!" "Drool" "Pump!" "Drill!" "Squirt" instead?

Yeah, splonge for me, too! *nods*

I would say "bonus points to anyone who gets the reference", but I guess *most* people would ;).
oddtail
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cameo on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:17 pm

ravenb wrote:I never, ever expected that I was going to end up respecting Stan for anything. :D

SECONDED!
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Previous

Return to Penny and Aggie