10-2 Ow! I mean... Wow!

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Postby daanton on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 am

trudyscousin wrote:Until the plot further unfolds, we won't know exactly what Stan meant.

It's interesting that Brandi thought she had him figured out, but apparently doesn't.

http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060830.html

Maybe she was one of his firsts??
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:38 am

daanton wrote:
trudyscousin wrote:Until the plot further unfolds, we won't know exactly what Stan meant.

It's interesting that Brandi thought she had him figured out, but apparently doesn't.

Maybe she was one of his firsts??

Maybe she was <scratch> one of </scratch> HIS first<scratch>s</scratch>?

Remember: "Making out" it's not the same as "doing it".

Oh! And Stan's face is one like "Damn! Now I'll never run for President!"

Perhaps the "Why?" means "Why did I not leave the Webcam on?" :evilgrin:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:53 am

From here it looked more like she doesn't have Michelle figured out as well.

A board member noted earlier that Lisa and Brandi seem the two of the only characters who are truly secure in their own skin. Brandi is probably assuming Michelle and she are on the same page here, and is basing her analogy of Stan on her relationship with him. Michelle isn't like Brandi, Stan was expecting her to be so, and now learns he is in a sexual situtation he isn't ready for apparently.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby flmnmallow on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 pm

The Last Quidam wrote:
CassSpaz wrote:I, for one, find it extremely difficult to have an intensive conversation, duing, you know, sex, but maybe it's just that awkward.

I'm still a virgin but I wouldn't talk during sex either. Make noises and moan, maybe. Have a conversation? No.

You people don't talk while you're in bed??!

Awkwardness lingers if you don't talk to your partner. I haven't had sex yet, but I've been close enough to know that if you don't talk, you don't get what you want. Neither does your partner.

Open conversation lets you know EXACTLY where the other stands on the situation... Stan and Michelle obviously hadn't been doing a lot of talking while undressing and whatever else they were doing. If they had, something may have slipped to let the other one know what was happening.

I don't think Stan or Michelle are bad people. I *do* feel bad for them because they are in a VERY awkward situation right now. They're both going to walk away from that situation with a lot riding on their shoulders. They're not wrong for wanting what they want, but rather they went about it the wrong way.

Again, I emphasize complete lack of IMPORTANT and VITAL communication.
flmnmallow
Junior Keenspotter

Postby CassSpaz on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:11 pm

flmnmallow wrote:
The Last Quidam wrote:
CassSpaz wrote:I, for one, find it extremely difficult to have an intensive conversation, duing, you know, sex, but maybe it's just that awkward.

I'm still a virgin but I wouldn't talk during sex either. Make noises and moan, maybe. Have a conversation? No.

Awkwardness lingers if you don't talk to your partner. I haven't had sex yet, but I've been close enough to know that if you don't talk, you don't get what you want. Neither does your partner.

Open conversation lets you know EXACTLY where the other stands on the situation... Stan and Michelle obviously hadn't been doing a lot of talking while undressing and whatever else they were doing. If they had, something may have slipped to let the other one know what was happening.

I don't think Stan or Michelle are bad people. I *do* feel bad for them because they are in a VERY awkward situation right now. They're both going to walk away from that situation with a lot riding on their shoulders. They're not wrong for wanting what they want, but rather they went about it the wrong way.

Before, yes. After, yes. Maybe a sentence here and there to guide. Never "Oh no - a revelation about our possible relationship?"

Of course, my situation was much, much different than Stan and Michelle in some ways, and in other ways very similar. And then there's the fact that we're not sure whether Stan will flee, flatter, or finish. :P
CassSpaz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby courdorygrrl on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:48 pm

flmnmallow wrote:
The Last Quidam wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE!! :shifty:

Talking while you are in bed, and yes, even during intercourse, is very very VERY important. My first time was a very similar situation (as I posted earlier) and if I hadn't had the common sense to tell my friend I was a virgin he would have had the same reaction as Stan did. (I'm also a subscriber to the various thoughts theory).

I also talk to my fiance during sex now. The first time we slept together, if I hadn't told him what I like and when to do what, he would be totally clueless about how to be satisfactory. I agree that communication is an IMPORTANT and VITAL part of ANY relationship. Not just during intimate moments, but ALL THE TIME. Come to think of it, lack of communication is probably Marshall and Karen's problem, but that's a topic for another time.
courdorygrrl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kuroinu on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:02 am

I would just like to state that I was totally right. Sweeeeeet. Dating has given me insight to comics! :wink:

In other news, I need to give props to Stan in this recent strip (10/4/06) because he's being pretty awesome. I had a good sqeal at his actions. That's just me though.
Kuroinu
Junior Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:26 am

CassSpaz wrote:Before, yes. After, yes. Maybe a sentence here and there to guide. Never "Oh no - a revelation about our possible relationship?"

At least she didn't made a "You have to paint your ceiling" comment... :wink:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Penny and Aggie